• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

WTF? Full moon? Venting!

Ok, so a couple of weeks back I discover a deep scratch in my pristine Silver '00. No idea how that happened (!@# car wash guy I let in at the office one time? maybe...)

Saturday I discover two scratches/dents on the console, just below the center AC vents! How would that happen? What hard object could possibly be in that area? (!@# car wash guy I let in at the office one time? maybe...)

Saturday I discover that my engine brace appears to have been taken out and put back in. Huge mystery. (although pretty sure the !@# car wash guy is innocent here).

Sunday I park on a grass-curb and who would have guessed there was a hidden hole there and I would mess up the front lip?

Not sure what is going on, 7.5 months of managing to keep the car perfect and in no time all of this crap at once. Some bad JuJu in the air for sure!

Sorry, no point to this post, just venting!

The answer is obvious, there is a gopher with a rachet set playing with your mind.

I've heard of gophers doing this before although the engine brace is a new one - but the rachet set explains that.

Do you have a dog? Your dog may have caused some beef with a gopher and/or his gang and they may be taking revenge on the "dog's car" without realizing that dog's can't drive. Stupid gophers.

-Justin

Thanks Todd, I was able to fix the lip so its only slightly loose on one side. I think I'm the only one who notices it now.

Yes, got kids & dogs, etc. but I am the only one who drives the car, and the car drives only between my driveway (a safe place) and my marked spot in the office building, a strategically positioned spot where there is no human or other car traffic.

Even when I go out with the boys I get them to park their cars around me.

I'm sure not, but any chance that to change the oil filter one would need to remove the brace? Remember that a 2000 has a triangular brace, more obtrusive than the earlier models.

Maybe I should call one of those Psychic lines...
smile.gif

I'm sure not, but any chance that to change the oil filter one would need to remove the brace? Remember that a 2000 has a triangular brace, more obtrusive than the earlier models.

I am almost postitive you can only reach the oil filter from the bottom of the car. You should call the Psychic line, from the commercial I saw, they work, no doubt in my mind!

Originally posted by rquintero:
I'm sure not, but any chance that to change the oil filter one would need to remove the brace?

The oil filter is underneath. At a dealer, they are coming in from under the car while it is on the lift. Since the oil drain plug is down there too they put it on the lift to drain it anyway.

Even if you change it in your driveway, you just pull the right rear wheel and the filter is right there. Nobody would remove the strut bar to change the oil filter.

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 01 March 2001).]

Back