• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

WTF is this about??

I'd be out of here as fast as I could if my wife would go, but she says the only place she's been that she'd consider living in other than this specific town we're in now is.... La Jolla, CA. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man Laguna Beach, Newport, Dana Point, LA Jolla can't beat that. There are condo's there reasonably priced but I prefer single family home though most are beep beep fixer uppers. Not sure if people will rent them as easy as a Condo 11 months outa the year.

Besta luck

Oh man Laguna Beach, Newport, Dana Point, LA Jolla can't beat that. There are condo's there reasonably priced but I prefer single family home though most are beep beep fixer uppers. Not sure if people will rent them as easy as a Condo 11 months outa the year.

Besta luck

She liked the LaJolla downtown feel, it was very new-england-y, not to mention the park on the water and the seals, but it was the downtown that sold her. I was looking at going to work for Toshiba in Irvine back in 2000 or so, and even at that time, the average cost of a home in LaJolla was $800K. Probably tripled since then :).

She liked the LaJolla downtown feel, it was very new-england-y, not to mention the park on the water and the seals, but it was the downtown that sold her. I was looking at going to work for Toshiba in Irvine back in 2000 or so, and even at that time, the average cost of a home in LaJolla was $800K. Probably tripled since then :).

Prices have gone down in SoCal, Irvine has reasonably priced homes if you don't mind living a few miles away from the beach. Google and UCLA are located there. Ja Jolla also has alot of Medical Tech companies. Either way gota have a vacation home there. Downtown San Diego has a nice feel to it, outside mall on 6th ave and little Italy and Marina Delray.

In the early 70's I spent a week in the Duluth, MN, area doing a field trial of telecom equipment. A couple of mornings it was -40, with a -57 F wind chill.
It was so cold we could not get the test equipment to work, except by using long test leads and leaving it in the car under the heat vents.

I learned why rental cars came equipped with head bolt heaters -- its pretty hard to crank over an engine when the oil is as thick as glue!

Been there, done that, don't ever want to do that again!

Quote:
Forecasters said temperatures in the upper Midwest could turn into the coldest in years as Arctic air keeps spilling southward from Canada. The cold snap has claimed at least six lives and contributed to dozens of traffic accidents. One death involved a man in a wheelchair who was found in subzero temperatures stuck in the snow, a shovel in his hand, outside his home in Des Moines, Iowa. He died at a hospital.
The cold weather has gripped the Midwest and Northeast for days, but as it crept farther South, some were growing worried.
"We're afraid people will die in this kind of weather,"

People seldom die in Canada because of the weather. I doubt we are any different. As soon as the cold air crosses the border, it becomes news, except those in Minnesoda. They are as tough as Canadians.
In Edmonton we just went through a three week cold snap -35C (with the artic air not moving. But today, +11C (52F). People today may die here because of the heat or drownd because of the snow melt!

It's weather, complaining doesn't help. Our weather memories are very short. We seldom remember it "being this cold" or "being this hot"

It's all the global warming. That and there was a significant growth in the amount of arctic ice this past calendar year. And at this time there are more polar bears than ever since they have been recorded. So many in fact they think there may actually end up being a shortage of seals because the bears are eating them all. But thank god we're trying to make everything run on electricity and wishes.

Back