• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Yes I Can

So Captain... I was just driving around this past weekend and came across this bright yellow 911 GT3 and coudn't help but to think back on this thread. :smile:

I don't want to make a big production out of it or anything but I was bored at work, so I put together a little excerpt preview off my upcoming HPDE KillZ Vol 1. DVD - which I am hoping to sell in the check-out line at the Fast Track Cafe... http://vimeo.com/6491421

LMK, I'll send you a free copy along with a free open-wheel bonus disk then. :wink: :biggrin:

Yes, like Doug H. before me I hope to take my smacketh to an entirely new level in due time. Developing those skills is an essential part of the whole motorsports growing process.

What else can I say? This thread and other HPDE point-by stories have always been a big inspiration to me. If you guys liked my HPDE KillZ single, then you'll probably love my new three DVD preview set. :wink: :biggrin: :biggrin:

http://vimeo.com/6529330

John, too much fun! :tongue: Loved the videos.

I hear John's next video is more riveting...... HPDE warz Touge/Point-by Battles....:eek:

if you don't mind me asking, what group of HPDE are you guys in? I'm looking to get involved and I'm a little curious. You must be at least 3 or 4 to be able to pass where you please, right?

There are always goofballs like that out.

IMO, fastest way to deal with them is duck into the pit for a drive through. Youll give them distance and you will have a better time lapping without the rolling road block frustrating you.

Last edited:
oooh electronica soundtrack.
Damn man if you spent as much time shaving ounces off the weight of your car as you did making these videos you'd be down another 100lbs :wink: Surely there are some wiring harnesses or bolt threads you could be cutting off. hehe

"alright. check this shit out" I started laughing so hard when that title went by I couldn't even read the rest of it. :tongue:

Not quite HPDE, but I racked up another Kill today... in line at Starbucks. The slower patron just pointed me right on by, so I took the pass. :biggrin:

This morning on my way to work I got a point-by from a guy in a truck in front of me. I wasn't even trying to go fast but he pulled off onto the shoulder and waved me past. I could get used to this!

Cozmo's NSX: 1
Guy in pickup truck: 0

See now thats one beef I have with public roads,the organizers have all the run groups running together:rolleyes: I often will pull into the hotpits(reststop) and re enter with open track .:eek:

See now thats one beef I have with public roads,the organizers have all the run groups running together:rolleyes: I often will pull into the hotpits(reststop) and re enter with open track .:eek:

I tend to agree. The problem with DOT today is that their employees have no race experience. I am sure we could all come up with a greatly simplified and more effective system. Let me get the ball rolling here....
  • The hybrids would be in the GAY class, limited to shoulder driving only, and would need to display said class designation in a minimum 6" pink stroke on the front, back, and sides of the vehicle.
  • In the interest of commerce- there should be a separate HD class for trucks over 10,000lbs or vehicles in tow, limited to the right-most lane at all times. The manufacturer supplied "Heavy Duty" emblem would meet the class designation graphics requirements of this sub-section.
  • People over the age of 80, mopar/vintage/classical enthusiasts, and of course Harley Davidson riders, well we have an exciting new old vintage class for them. The new commemorative old foggie class will be recognized with the capital italic letters "OLD" to show our appreciation for their prior youthful accomplishments. An incentive, not driving will automatically enter them in a sweepstakes for a spot on the price is right.
  • Teenage drivers, drivers under test, ricers, Asian woman, repeat DUI offenders, and those with a current immigration card- a bright orange 14"X14" square need be displayed on both the front and back of the vehicle at ALL TIMES to strongly convey said novice proficiency and/or stupidity.
  • In the interest of an efficient commute, a Grand Touring class will be established. Properly licensed drivers in GT1,2,3,4,5, and GTL (I figured we still need that for the mini-cooper bitches) will have exclusive access to the left-most lane at all times.
  • A personal fringe benefit I deserve from doing all this hard organizational work, off-road race cars, sports racers, and motorcycles are further allowed. Said cars may retain their original class designation and may simply run in GT1 but with added access to all lanes and sidewalks.
See how easy progress is. Now how hard was that? Now let's start talking about run-group assignments. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Yes, like Doug H. before me I hope to take my smacketh to an entirely new level in due time. Developing those skills is an essential part of the whole motorsports growing process.

What else can I say? This thread and other HPDE point-by stories have always been a big inspiration to me. If you guys liked my HPDE KillZ single, then you'll probably love my new three DVD preview set. :wink: :biggrin: :biggrin:

http://vimeo.com/6529330

Dang how many watts is the stereo in your race car pushing? The "electronica soundtrack" is, like, shaking the camera at 7:23 or so in that video. :eek:

I keed I keed

Dang how many watts is the stereo in your race car pushing? The "electronica soundtrack" is, like, shaking the camera at 7:23 or so in that video. :eek:

I keed I keed

About 1000. Why do you think I cut my trunk out? I can fit 3 JL 12W6's back there now. :wink:

It find it handy in the paddock to drown out the redundant banter about flags at the drivers meetings, plus it balances out my weight distribution and helps the car rotate better. No room left for the turbo, but it is still a good trade-off because I post faster lap times with the right tunes.

You'll want to trust gold ranger on this one... dbA or ft/lbs - power is power. :biggrin:

Last edited:
John, I'll see your yellow GT3 and raise you a yellow Diablo SV. :biggrin:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g1epcKdZjEk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g1epcKdZjEk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I tend to agree. The problem with DOT today is that their employees have no race experience. I am sure we could all come up with a greatly simplified and more effective system. Let me get the ball rolling here....
  • The hybrids would be in the GAY class, limited to shoulder driving only, and would need to display said class designation in a minimum 6" pink stroke on the front, back, and sides of the vehicle.
  • In the interest of commerce- there should be a separate HD class for trucks over 10,000lbs or vehicles in tow, limited to the right-most lane at all times. The manufacturer supplied "Heavy Duty" emblem would meet the class designation graphics requirements of this sub-section.
  • People over the age of 80, mopar/vintage/classical enthusiasts, and of course Harley Davidson riders, well we have an exciting new old vintage class for them. The new commemorative old foggie class will be recognized with the capital italic letters "OLD" to show our appreciation for their prior youthful accomplishments. An incentive, not driving will automatically enter them in a sweepstakes for a spot on the price is right.
  • Teenage drivers, drivers under test, ricers, Asian woman, repeat DUI offenders, and those with a current immigration card- a bright orange 14"X14" square need be displayed on both the front and back of the vehicle at ALL TIMES to strongly convey said novice proficiency and/or stupidity.
  • In the interest of an efficient commute, a Grand Touring class will be established. Properly licensed drivers in GT1,2,3,4,5, and GTL (I figured we still need that for the mini-cooper bitches) will have exclusive access to the left-most lane at all times.
  • A personal fringe benefit I deserve from doing all this hard organizational work, off-road race cars, sports racers, and motorcycles are further allowed. Said cars may retain their original class designation and may simply run in GT1 but with added access to all lanes and sidewalks.
See how easy progress is. Now how hard was that? Now let's start talking about run-group assignments. :biggrin:

With all due respect, when is the last time you working your way through I5 traffic? Right lane is always the fastest... and at times, passing using the shoulder is a must to maintain your speed. I'll be pissed if all those lame asses Prius blocking the right lane and the shoulder.

</EMBED>

NICE HPDE KILL!!

Don't get me wrong, Street KillZ stories are good and of similarly comparable value, but here it's like you have taken it to a whole other level and immortalized it frame by frame. You got the point by from an exotic car without it being due to a mechanical failure, unto itself a real accomplishment!! See, usually they break & pit before I can get to passing them!!

You should seriously post that on the streetracersonline or preludezone forums. Having pulled that off in a slow NSX you will be a GOD!! I can almost see the kids doing the kinematic equations trying to figure out how this feat was even physically possible...

u1e3_3.gif

I smell reform. :biggrin:

There's change we can believe in.

I smell reform. :biggrin:

There's change we can believe in.

Well ok, it sounds like I have your vote then. :smile:

To those Americans whose support I have yet to earn: I may not have won your vote, and I may not hear your voices over my exhaust, but I need your help, and I will be your President, too.

prius-bumperstickers.JPG

Above: A modest ask, no one will notice a few more stickers on the average Prius anyway.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g1epcKdZjEk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g1epcKdZjEk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:eek: - that guy found the apex just 3 times in the whole video:eek:

I'm surprised that he actually took it to the track. The Diable SV owner needs to learn that a Lambo is for Club Valet Parking Spot Challenge Series:wink:

CL65 Cpt. what are you using for a track cam? I have a Hero cam and really don't like it very much.

CL65 Cpt. what are you using for a track cam? I have a Hero cam and really don't like it very much.

My Go Pro Hero was relegated to the junk drawer.

I am using an Aiptek HD. The new version is the Aiptek GVS HD. It's $180 and has a external mic input, which is a must on the track where you have to run with the windows down. I ran a $20 lapel mic to the trunk so there is no wind noise. The older HD model didn't have a mic input so I had to open it up and soldier in a Radio Shack jack. The new ones you don't have to do that.

:eek: - that guy found the apex just 3 times in the whole video:eek:

I'm surprised that he actually took it to the track. The Diable SV owner needs to learn that a Lambo is for Club Valet Parking Spot Challenge Series:wink:

Dan actually had a pretty good line ( I was his instructor ;) ), but as he started pushing it trying to keep up with the Z06 he was getting sloppy and his lines went to crap. This actually turned out to be a good video for him as it showed him what happens when you try and over drive the car - you get sloppy and go slower.

Here is the long version...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SwRJ2vm2wtk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SwRJ2vm2wtk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Last edited:
My Go Pro Hero was relegated to the junk drawer.

I am using an Aiptek HD. The new version is the Aiptek GVS HD. It's $180 and has a external mic input, which is a must on the track where you have to run with the windows down. I ran a $20 lapel mic to the trunk so there is no wind noise. The older HD model didn't have a mic input so I had to open it up and soldier in a Radio Shack jack. The new ones you don't have to do that.

I was just about to ask the same thing. I can't believe there is this massive Go Pro group buy going.... I don't like that cam at all. These videos look excellent. How are you mounting that thing?

I was just about to ask the same thing. I can't believe there is this massive Go Pro group buy going.... I don't like that cam at all. These videos look excellent. How are you mounting that thing?

Here is a link to direct Quicktime footage.... watch my head bouncing around and the picture is rock solid.

http://vimeo.o2.bitgravity.com/vime...1254195922&h=14a42e08f7c14b121f328753535296cf

Dave, it may look like crap but it provides a ROCK SOLID picture with no vibration and I am running JRZs with 600lb/500lb springs.

The key to it was mounting it using the mount underneath (normal) AND making a brace from the back of the camera to the mount. That completely eliminated any shaking at all.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124206&highlight=Aiptek

attachment.php

Last edited:
Back