• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

You are invited to a July 9th Hosted BBQ at Acura of Stockton

RonNRaiders said:
I'm down for southbay get together and meet up with the eastbay guys... :biggrin:
Fantasia still the spot? :confused:
If so what time?

South Bay NSXers:

Since there is no word about the official spot, let's meet at Fantasia at McCarthy at 9am. Hopefully we'll arrive in Stockton by 10:30am or so.

Please let me know so I can join you guys.

hey ken ! how are you buddy? i would love to see you again we have to meet again sometime in the future in san jose after the bbq and we can head out to the coffee shop and see all the nice looking asian female right bud. i live about 10 minute from stockton acura.if you need to call me the # is 209-406-2314

for you gentlmen coming to stockton when you get to the altimont do not go on the very far right lane not that you guys do whatch out for pot holes it's very rough could mess up your rims and lots of pebble fron construction site right after past downtown area other than that have a safe fast speeding drive and will see you baller in stockton. you are all welcome to visit my little shack after the meeting.

safe drive gentlemen
phongnsx

yo guys,

I'm still going to attend this event so will join you guys from the south bay caravan spot at Fantasia :)

Look for my bright yellow s2k! :biggrin:

9 am - I have a company picnic at Six Flags in Vallejo that afternoon so can't stay long but looking forward to meeting many of you.

Rick

s4play said:
yo guys,

I'm still going to attend this event so will join you guys from the south bay caravan spot at Fantasia :)

Look for my bright yellow s2k! :biggrin:

9 am - I have a company picnic at Six Flags in Vallejo that afternoon so can't stay long but looking forward to meeting many of you.

Rick

You else is coming to the South Bay caravan at Fantasia??? Ron, you still coming?

I Grok NSX said:
Also, I was contacted by Acura of Stockton today to verify that I'm attending Saturdays event. I confirmed my attendance. Did anyone else get a call today?

I got a call on Tues.

Updating Bay Area Caravan List. All Bay Area "mini-caravans" will meet in Dublin, CA at the Black Angus off of Hacienda Blvd. We will leave Dublin for Stockton at 9am.

Dublin Black Angus:
4814 Dublin Blvd. Dublin, CA 94568
(925) 556-9800

Its in the same shopping center as the BIG movie theater. You will see the theater from the fwy.

Directions from Bay Area locations:
1. Get from where you are to I-580 East (heading to Stockton)
2. In Dublin/Pleasanton exit Hacienda Blvd
3. Go left (north) over the freeway. You are now on Hacienda Blvd.
4. Make right at Hacienda Crossings at the gas station (Shell, I think) into the shopping center/entrance. If you pass the entrance, no biggie, just make the next right and head in the back entrance.
5. Go straight back (past the movie theater, which will be on your right) to the end of the road. You will see Black Angus.
6. I will be waiting in the BA parking lot with a banner that says "Acura NSX".

Changes:
1. No more IKEA group. SF group will come to Dublin directly
2. Added San Jose Group led by Ron

Updated Bay Area Caravan List

NSX88
MICKEYLEX
SILVER-STREAK
LITESPEEDS
RYAN1926
NMYMIRR
ASHIK
(NSX REY)
Cairo94507
Drukinfoolio
randomharmony
D'Ecosse
smhrednsx91 ?
SF Group
San Jose Group

I have Ron's phone number for the San Jose Group. I'd like to request one of the SF Group (Coleman?) PM me with your cell and I'll PM you with mine. That way we can stay in contact in the event of delays, etc. Thanks.

mickeylex said:
Updating Bay Area Caravan List. All Bay Area "mini-caravans" will meet in Dublin, CA at the Black Angus off of Hacienda Blvd. We will leave Dublin for Stockton at 9am.

Dublin Black Angus:
4814 Dublin Blvd. Dublin, CA 94568
(925) 556-9800

Its in the same shopping center as the BIG movie theater. You will see the theater from the fwy.

Directions from Bay Area locations:
1. Get from where you are to I-580 East (heading to Stockton)
2. In Dublin/Pleasanton exit Hacienda Blvd
3. Go left (north) over the freeway. You are now on Hacienda Blvd.
4. Make right at Hacienda Crossings at the gas station (Shell, I think) into the shopping center/entrance. If you pass the entrance, no biggie, just make the next right and head in the back entrance.
5. Go straight back (past the movie theater, which will be on your right) to the end of the road. You will see Black Angus.
6. I will be waiting in the BA parking lot with a banner that says "Acura NSX".

Changes:
1. No more IKEA group. SF group will come to Dublin directly
2. Added San Jose Group led by Ron

Updated Bay Area Caravan List

NSX88
MICKEYLEX
SILVER-STREAK
LITESPEEDS
RYAN1926
NMYMIRR
ASHIK
(NSX REY)
Cairo94507
Drukinfoolio
randomharmony
D'Ecosse
smhrednsx91 ?
SF Group
San Jose Group

I have Ron's phone number for the San Jose Group. I'd like to request one of the SF Group (Coleman?) PM me with your cell and I'll PM you with mine. That way we can stay in contact in the event of delays, etc. Thanks.

So when exactly is the San Jose caravan meeting? If we all need to be at Dublin by 9am, that means 8? 8:30 for us?

Last edited:
This gathering was a gas! THANK YOU ACURA OF STOCKTON! Talk about great hosts, they really rolled out the red carpet for us, literally. Great food, great people, nice give-aways - every one that attended got a free Acura NSX detail kit, a cool hat, coupons good for a free oil/filter change and more. 55 NSX's at last count that I am aware of. Some seriously modified cars too. Great day-thanks to all.

This was indeed a great event. The largest NSX gathering next to NSXPO 2003 in NorCal. Many thanks to all who attended. And I will echo the great hospitality of Acura of Stockton and its management and staff. Special thanks to John and Ryan. They were absolutely superb in allowing us to take over the entire dealership (all other business was suspended if you didn't notice), and making us very much at home. The raffle and gifts were just icing on the cake.

I will take this opportunity to offer some token best of category mentions. Your are welcome to comment, add ........

First has to be the category of the revving competition. It was great to have at least two cars revving next to each other for great comparisons. Comptech, Dali, Tubi, ARK, RM Taitec, OEM were all represented. Kudos to those who participated :smile:

Loudest: Hands down Allen's car with his Dali exhaust, Comptech header and straight pipes. That was a beast :eek: and may not even pass Thunderhill :biggrin:

Second Loudest: Ryan 2000 Blue with Taitec center exhaust and headers if I am not mistaken.

Very Distinctive: Anytime's earlier version; very sweet and made a statement among all the others. Wonder what the newer version would have sounded. Too bad they are not making more.

Best wheel in show: Hands down Bobolinski's deep dish :eek: :biggrin:

Best Audio: Need we say more ........... D'Ecosse who scared us with his driving skills on the showroom paddock :wink:

Capital investment on four wheels: Kip or should we say Comptech's red NSX. Many of us are wondering where Kip banks and who owns the pink slip on that car :tongue:

Real Estate Mogul: Steve Ghent; he had to take two spots with both his NSXs :cool: No wonder the dealership loves him :smile:

Longest Journey: I Grok NSX - all the way from Susanville!

The most standing out color: Ron's 03 Imola of course; the only one in that color.

The luckiest guy we know: Jon Nastro. This guy never leaves an event without winning a raffle prize every single time :eek: :biggrin:

The guy who most deserved the FRS/Gmrs transceivers: Brian Butts. Finally we can stop worrying when he will return the club radios that he continuously borrows and forgets to bring, charge ...... :wink:

Hrant said:
........... D'Ecosse who scared us with his driving skills on the showroom paddock :wink:

Man, that column just leapt out towards the back of my car just as I was pulling in - they need to anchor those things down to stop them doing that!
pain.gif

I was (obviously!) completely oblivious to it - thanks to the at least 10 voices in unison all screaming STOP!

Thanks to the hosts & organizers - it was great to see old & new friends.

Ok this was a event to remember I think everyone had a great time and the dealership asked us for nothing in return except to think of them in the future for any service and parts or even a new car.
I hope some of you took atvantage of the 15% off comptech stuff as I did now I'm 7000.00 lighter in the wallet but its all good.
I was the last one to leave (trying to drive 2 cars at once) and John and Ryan were very happy with today (would every one come back if this was a annuel event? we had some talk about that) You know they had some room left over I think they could get 60 cars WOW!
I want to THANK EVERYONE for coming to out town and sharing there cars with everyone and I would like anyone who is in Stockton area or close to know you have a dealership that cares and wants you business so please consider them.
You know Ken blew the return hose just out of Stockton, they gave him a tow and a car to drive to Half Moon Bay THAT IS SERVICE and labor rate of $75.00 per hr WOW! Everyone who who still has water in there car is lucky if you don't replace your hoses as I blew the main engine return hose at thunderhill and it ruined my day as well so everyone older than 1995 take notes and SHANE this meanes you to
Hey there ar track days at Thunderhill on July 29,30 lets take over with NSX's as we have proven we can do this.

Thanks Again and feel free to e-mail me [email protected] or cell phone 209-649-2632

Steve Ghent (smgnsx)

Hrant said:
This was indeed a great event. The largest NSX gathering next to NSXPO 2003 in NorCal. Many thanks to all who attended. And I will echo the great hospitality of Acura of Stockton and its management and staff. Special thanks to John and Ryan. They were absolutely superb in allowing us to take over the entire dealership (all other business was suspended if you didn't notice), and making us very much at home. The raffle and gifts were just icing on the cake.

Capital investment on four wheels: Kip or should we say Comptech's red NSX. Many of us are wondering where Kip banks and who owns the pink slip on that car :tongue:

The luckiest guy we know: Jon Nastro. This guy never leaves an event without winning a raffle prize every single time :eek: :biggrin:

First off, I also want to thank the Prime members who organized this event and Acura of Stockton for hosting it. This was one of the best organized, well-rounded and fun events I've been to. :smile:

However, I think I was one of the luckiest guys, I got a ride in Kip's beast of a car... Damn that thing is quick... I kept getting slammed back into the seat every time he punched it in 1st, 2nd or 3rd :D unfortunately, when I returned you guys already left for your drive... :eek: :D But this was a small price to pay for a ride in an awesomely prepared car.

Great gathering with beautiful cars and wonderful people. That is what life is all about! Thank you Stockton Acura for your gracious hospitality. :biggrin:

NSX-Tuner said:
First off, I also want to thank the Prime members who organized this event and Acura of Stockton for hosting it. This was one of the best organized, well-rounded and fun events I've been to. :smile:

However, I think I was one of the luckiest guys, I got a ride in Kip's beast of a car... Damn that thing is quick... I kept getting slammed back into the seat every time he punched it in 1st, 2nd or 3rd :D unfortunately, when I returned you guys already left for your drive... :eek: :D But this was a small price to pay for a ride in an awesomely prepared car.

Ride with Kip at Thunderhill and you will have another story to tell as your right hand will have no blood left in it from holding on to the door handle so tight, Riding with Kip is like every coaster and fast ride put togather. Go to Thunderhill July 29,30 and see for yourself you will be amased
Steve

To all who attended and to Acura of Stockton,

It was a long drive but well worth it. My girlfriend and I drove to Stockton Friday night and spent the night at the Marriott. Got up the next morning and did some detail work on the NSX, then drove to the event to find out that we were the first attendees.

It was great to see all the NSX’s drive in. It was also very nice to see some of the members of both the Sacramento and Bay Area chapters. We had to leave a bit early as to get back to Susanville before it got dark. There is a much larger chance of striking a deer when it’s dark and there are plenty of deer crossing 395.

We drove back via Hwy 50 and cruised through South Lake Tahoe. Hwy is a nice drive with plenty of twisties and passing lanes. We stopped for a couple of pictures along the way. Got back home around 8pm, just at dusk….perfect!

My thanks to Acura of Stockton for their hospitality and professionalism. They have a first class organization for sure. If I lived a bit closer, I would definitely consider them for my new/used car needs along with my parts needs. Pictures of the event below!

We were the first to arrive.
f351fcf6.jpg

Looks like there was plenty of parking....but look on....
f351fc68.jpg

Pre-event parking was a little crazy.
f351faaf.jpg

f351f9bb.jpg

Everyone finally parked and the event is under way.
f351f7d8.jpg

f351f6a1.jpg

Food and drinks were provided by Acura of Stockton.
f351f509.jpg

An example of some of the crappy ( :smile: ) scenery we had to endure along Hwy 50 to South Lake Tahoe.
f351f3b5.jpg

Last edited:
Cairo94507 said:
Steve -The slideshow would not open for me....... :confused:

Hi Michael,

I had the same problem at first but eventually got it working. My problem was that I didn't have the necessary codecs installed on my computer. I can't wait to see all the additional pics that other Prime members might send to Steve to include in the slideshow.

This was a great event and I too have nothing but great things to say about the folks at Acura of Stockton! They were truly first class and have won me over as a new customer!

I forgot to mention that I also needed to "right-click" on the link and "save target as" to my desktop in order for it to work. :smile:

NSX-Tuner said:
Nicely done!!! But you might want to let people know how big the download is... :D

Can you please tell me what to do to open this slideshow I get error 80040240 file type not recognized

Back