• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Youngest NSX driver here?

Amazing, so many young kids with an NSX...
must be some people with huge debt on this forum...

*lol* they might own an NSX, but still live at home with Mum & Dad...
wink.gif

Originally posted by NeoNSX:
Amazing, so many young kids with an NSX...
must be some people with huge debt on this forum...

*lol* they might own an NSX, but still live at home with Mum & Dad...
wink.gif

Nothin' wrong with livin with mom and dad
biggrin.gif

..though I assume most of us youngins are either in college or a grad/prof school and those who actually bought them have a good job/business

Hmm...nice to see a lot of young NSX owners.

I'm currently 18 but plan to own an NSX in about 2 years. '95 NSX-T is my goal but if not possible, will settle for a '91-'94 coupe. Very high insurance prices is considered as well. Yes, every single penny will be payed by myself.

Having a decent paying job and being a work-a-holic go hand in hand.
biggrin.gif

sorry dude u totalled ur NSX after one year... i feel ur pain too.
frown.gif

i'm only 24, but i wouldn't buy an NSX so young... more likely to total it, and there are only so many NSX's built... each one totalled is one less for resale...

"I bought mine when I was 29 and would've bet that I was the youngest to earn the money and buy the car on my own with my own credit, etc.... Apparently, I would have lost the bet Unless, there are some story tellers"
------------------
TODD, DID YOU FORGET WHO YOU BOUGHT YOUR CAR FROM.

I WAS 23 WHEN I BOUGHT THAT(#149 2001) BRAND NEW OFF VALENCIA ACURA'S FLOOR, ON MY OWN CREDIT WITH MY OWN MONEY..........MAY NOT BE THE YOUNGEST TO OWN AN NSX BUT I THINK I AM THE YOUNGEST TO BUY A BRAND NEW NSX WITHOUT MOMMY AND DADDY OR A TRUSTFUND.

I'm amazed at the ages of some of you guys.

Hey, if you aren't sleeping in it to pay for it, all I can say is GOOD FOR YOU ! !

Are most of the youngins in Information Technology?

I've been in IT since I was 15. Also have a couple of other businesses, but the IT boom definitely helped.

-Awais

------------------
2001 QuickSilver Corvette Coupe - Not Stock [503 RWHP, 545 RWTQ]

2002 Black Acura 3.2 TL/S

www.RacingFlix.com

Originally posted by O-Ace:
Are most of the youngins in Information Technology?

Ya, you'd be surprised to know how much money you can make blackmailing people.... I guess that is kinda "Info Technology" Right?

I didn't read the whole thread, so maybe this has been asked before, but perhaps a better question would be who is the youngest that actually own their NSX (paid in cash, or loan completely payed off), w/o help from parents/family, and who don't live at home.

-Ben

[This message has been edited by Ben (edited 14 October 2002).]

Originally posted by Ben:
I didn't read the whole thread, so maybe this has been asked before, but perhaps a better question would be who is the youngest that actually own their NSX (paid in cash, or loan completely payed off), and w/o help from parents, etc....

-Ben

I dont own mine, but I did put half down of all my own money that I saved for 10 months. I have been independent financially since I was 18. I am 23 now.. Turn 24 next month..

I didn't read the whole thread, so maybe this has been asked before, but perhaps a better question would be who is the youngest that actually own their NSX (paid in cash, or loan completely payed off), and w/o help from parents, etc....

-Ben

I paid cash for my car....32k
Thats was back when I was a saver....
Now my addiction has carried over to my NSX,
I cant quit doing stuff to it!!!
Now I owe about 15-20 grand on mods!
I love every minute of it...

-Seth

-Ben

In addition, maybe it would be good to know exactly what kind of NSX was bought. I think a young owner who got a brand new NSX is more impressive than say one that got a '91 one that has high mileage and with a salvage title.

------------------
2001 NSX-T
- Bilstein Shocks
- '02 OEM Wheels

[This message has been edited by RyRy210 (edited 11 October 2002).]

Originally posted by RyRy210:
In addition, maybe it would be good to know exactly what kind of NSX was bought. I think a young owner who got a brand new NSX is more impressive than say one that got a '91 one that has high mileage and with a salvage title.

Someone who buys (completely paid off) a new NSX at such a young age (20-25 yr/old) is very impressive. However, we all have our priorities and do not mind settling for one that is older (91-94) or one that has higher mileage (90K+ miles) that offers very similar performance. The point remains that we are all NSX owners and we love our cars.

Some people would never pay 50K+ for a car in cash, when they know that they will suffer the consequences of depreciation. While some folks, prefer to pay off the amount more "wisely" and have the rest of their money work for them in other investments.

My personal experience is that I bought my higher mileage NSX not too long ago. Coming from a very humbling upbringing that feels there is more to life then material possesions, I would never pay MSRP for any car over 30K. Especially an NSX which has an 89K MSRP. Since the used prices of these cars have dropped dramatically, I can finally justify buying one at age 25.

[This message has been edited by khuezee (edited 11 October 2002).]

i got mine when i was 23 now 24 .
i see there is alot of young guys in this forum and alot you other guys are trying to put us down . no matter how they got their nsx ,we are have one thing in common and that taste for exotic cars and we chose the nsx . who cares if you got more cheddar than the next guys ... for all i know most people lie and boast about what they dont have .....this is the internet anyone can claim anything . all i am saying we shouldnt player hate on each other . and personally i would never pay full price for a new nsx . its not worth all that money .thats why i bought used .yaeh thats not impressive to some of you on this forum .but nsx is not my only ride ....dont live with parents either ,
yaeh own my own house , no car payments and my daughter dont have to worry about money .
just my thoughts

I am 28 and purchased my first NSX a few weeks ago as a "business car" - cash. Like many of you I am making my money in the computer field. I run a consulting firm, when in reality I dont know the difference between ASP code and Morse code. I broke the car in the other night coming home from a bar - my only complaint is we couldnt seem squeeze her friend in.....life is good.

Back