• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Your future sports car picks if the 04' NSX is a turkey.

I just read the feelings about the new 350Z which I think can't compare to the last gen Z as far as sex appeal, I don't know about performance. (I never see anyone comparing it to the last Z only the origional, wonder why???) The new one looks like a last gen Celica but to my point.

What I was wondering was what are your other choices for you future sports car if the NSX becomes a dud?

Toyota: There is suppose to be a new Supra coming SOON that has styling of the old Toyota 2000GT-Cool! as well as a super exotic mid engined car. I guess Toyota will be making the new NSX????

Mazda: A new RX-7 that won't blow engines every 30k miles. It's suppose to be a much more reliable design, lighter, faster. NSX owners seems to really like light quick cars and a new RX-7 would be a good ticket. This does depend on the RX-8 selling well but I'm not sure what WELL means.

(Above from last months Road & Track)

Nissan: The New Z...nuff said earlier.

Non-Japanese?

The C6 Corvette?
The New Viper?
The New GT-40?

The NSX will eventually get to the point of being too old to use as a daily driver and become something of a future pebble Beach car.

So where will you drop your cash in the future? Some of you guys wern't invited to the NSX party until the used car prices got into the range some of these other will sell new. I'm hoping for a real kick ass 4th gen. RX-7. The Gen 3 burned me BIG TIME but there was something about that spinning engine...
What cha gonna do?

My NSX will last very long
smile.gif

Still has 9k miles in the past 8 years.
Future car will be an addition to my NSX and M3.
To answer your question: Ferrari 355
smile.gif

------------------
--
'94 NSX Brooklands Green Pearl/ Onyx
- 9k miles
- GruppeM Intake & Exhaust V.3
'01 M3 Laguna Seca Blue/ Grey - 4k miles
'93 300SE MBZ - 95k miles and running strong :)

[rant on]Some people LOVE the NSX. They love a lot of cars but REALLY love the NSX. There are people on this board with 2 NSXs.

Some people just want the best sports car they can afford at any given moment and will sell their NSX the second they get board or can afford something else they perceive to be better.

Neither type seems to be able to understand the other type but loves to antagonize the other!

There are Yugo boards, Pinto boards, Delorian boards, EVERY type of car boards. The people on these boards tend to like the car they have for whatever reason. They come back day in and day out to help answer questions for the one hit wonders who can't use the search feature or are there to justify some other car they love more.

Before I drove the NSX I had a 76' 930 Turbo. Not a day goes by where I don't miss what that car had to offer and the engineering for it's time. Not a day goes by where I would ever trade it for my NSX. I have now owned the NSX longer then any other car I have ever owned and enjoy it more now then when I bought it. I even do my own maintenance - which is saying a lot for a guy with ten thumbs.

If you get sick of your NSX - sell it. I'm sure everyone will wish you well. You just can't say X car is better then Y car because there are so many variables and they are different for each person.

It seems this board is filled with posts - my car is better then an NSX, wouldn't you rather have a blah blah blah. It gets tiring reading the headings of all these and is so non productive.

Maybe we could start the following forums here:

- I want to antagonize people that love NSXs because it makes me feel better about myself

- My turbo+nitrous less expensive car blows away an NSX

- I have been banned from the board of the car I own so I hang out here with nothing to say

[/rant off]

matteni is right,

Marvin,

If you can't read, THIS IS NSX FORUM!

NSX RULES!!!

Matteni is right. I have also owned many sport cars, all German, and loved them all for this or that. But overall, my NSX is by FAR my favorite and could not foresee trading it for anything in the future. I drove the Viper, Z06, Lotus Twin Turbo, 996 Turbo, Ferrari 348 and chose the NSX. I love the car and don't for one minute regret my choice. If I had another $30 - $50K to spend I probably would have gone with the F355 or 360 but I didn't and until I do I will be extremely content with my choice and enjoy the fellow enthusists that post meaningful, helpful and informative posts on this forum.

i completely agree with matteni...
but i dont know what it has to do with marvin's question.

if the new nsx is a dud, and my current one dies... i'd probably get a 996 (or whatever the number happens to be at that time)

maybe an f40. know a guy who has one. havent seen anything new that id run out and spend 70k plus on. id even consider a lotus. probably not a lambo.

as is, i figure ive still got about 175k miles left on my nsx
wink.gif

Originally posted by matteni:
[rant on]
Maybe we could start the following forums here:

- I want to antagonize people that love NSXs because it makes me feel better about myself

- My turbo+nitrous less expensive car blows away an NSX

- I have been banned from the board of the car I own so I hang out here with nothing to say

[/rant off]

Sorry, I don't see his post as antagonistic. Maybe he's a new guy on the forum and is looking for opinion. Many here are very knowledgeable about other cars outside the NSX and can be objective about them. I agree, some of the posts about my car being better than whatever are a waste and you can read through the BS and tell whom a trash talker is as well, but I don't think this one is. Yeah its prob. been talked about before but lets give a guy w/11 posts total a little break. Oh yeah I almost forgot. I smoked a new Enzo last night w/my duelnote natural gas NSX that does 9 flat & has a top speed of 220mph and after I finish i'm going to Ferrari chat and tell them. RANT OVER!!

FYI-The GT 40 won't be available to us regular guys, most will be spoken for b/f they hit the showroom by dealership owners and are only available to the top 200 dealers nationwide, or you better know someone for the inside action.

FWIW, I agree with the original post. I don't see it as 'I want to sell my NSX for ____' but more 'Once I have enough NSXs (1?, 2?, 3?... ?), what other cars are you passionate about?' The point, the way I see it, is to question what other cars you are passionate about besides the NSX or in addition to it.

I love the NSX as much as the next guy ( I saved up since high school for my car and looked for years for the right one). However, it doesn't mean that I don't have passion for other cars.

What are on my list? Largely older cars, just because that is what I have developed a taste for. I love Duesenberg SJ's, Shelby Cobras, 993 Porsche 911 TTs, Ferrari F40s, Lamborghini Muiras, Jaguar E-Types, 1960's Ford GT40s... the list goes on. Suffice it to say, If I had the money, I'd have a garage the size of Jay Leno's.

If I were to be choosing among the cars Marvin mentioned (i.e. a new one for purposes of a corporate lease or something), all the cars he listed would appeal to me. Knowing nothing of them right now, I would say the new RX7 (budget rocket?) and the new mid-engined Toyota appeal to me most (I'll take my next gen NSX 100% fossil fueled, thank you). On the domestic front, I'd also consider a GT40. I saw it at the NY auto show, and let me tell you it is GORGEOUS. If I can find one that in my budget (and not in yellow), I'll take it. Perhaps a midnight blue? Hrm...

Enough rambling I suppose.
-MB

Just my $.02

(edit because my spelling sucks)

[This message has been edited by Markbert (edited 20 September 2002).]

Originally posted by Marvin Lee:
What I was wondering was what are your other choices for you future sports car if the NSX becomes a dud?

In a few years I'll probably get a newer NSX. When that get's old, I'll hope that Honda will fix the next gen NSX sooner than ten years if it doesn't work - otherwise, see what the Toyota is like (my first sports car was the MR-2).

No way.. i think that Porsche GT is bad ass. And it will have the power to back it up. The next NSX better compete (400-450HP) or they will lose a lot of us faithful costumers when it comes time for a new car.

A Viper GTS coupe...if not a 97+ NSX...other choices depending on price factor..

99+ Porsche Carrera 4 or 4s w/ aerokit..but Viper is first choice...
I doubt the new Rx7 will be much of a buy, if it has the perf. of a 350z I'll probably pass...

Originally posted by matteni:
[rant on]Some people LOVE the NSX. They love a lot of cars but REALLY love the NSX. There are people on this board with 2 NSXs.

Some people just want the best sports car they can afford at any given moment and will sell their NSX the second they get board or can afford something else they perceive to be better.

Neither type seems to be able to understand the other type but loves to antagonize the other!

I love nsxs, I am thinking of getting a second one, so I am the first type...but if I could afford a nice Ferrari 355/360/512TR/512M/550/575M (lotz huh?) I would just love to get one.

the grey area happens with the Ferrari 328 GTS...I love that car too...if I find one I really like (and havent yet in over a year) I will really be stuck...what would I do..problems
confused.gif

[This message has been edited by Auraraptor (edited 25 September 2002).]

Back