• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Your'e driving tunes?..... From Aerosmith to ZZ top

Originally posted by NSXLNT:
VTEC only...
Hey Lemans, saw an ad on the tube recently by Time/Life books/records (Richmond,VA?) on an entire collection of all those great 80's
tunes-over 10 cds, can't remember how many, but it was pretty complete, a lot of obscure stuff too.price was like $150.00, but it seemed worth it for the package.
Keith

Thanks for the tip! I'm pretty cheap when it comes to stuff like this so I have been working my way through the county library's collection copying the stuff I like over to mini disc. They are missing a lot and a lot of things from the 80s they only have on cassette
frown.gif
but I have filled some gaps.

------------------
The NSX Model List Page

Your'e driving tunes?..... From Aerosmith to ZZ top

Guess you don't want to hear anyone mention Abba, huh?
biggrin.gif

j/k

SmarTenna

I LOVE that group!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by lemansnsx:
For those of us who are trapped in the 80s a visit to Early '80s Song of the Week is a really cool walk down memory lane. I re-discovered a few artists that I used to really enjoy. Even found a few whose names totally escaped me after all of these years!

You know what they say.... The second thing that goes is the memory J/K

Le Mans...

<< Toasters - a truly great Ska band >>

Decision at Midnight... da da duh da dah...

Good band, I agree. Saw them live in Hawaii. I think it was one of the first ska bands that I greatly appreciated.

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info
www.NSXClassifieds.com - The internet's only exclusive NSX Classified site!

Y'all might give "Halcyon and On and On" by Orbital (Hackers soundtrack)a listen sometime. I enjoy it when I am coming into downtown at dusk or night. It makes for a good soundtrack to the skyline.

My 4 disc custom 80's collection has been in my CD changer for at least six months...never got around to making the last two discs and I still have TONS of 80's CDs and CD singles to go through.

I've been burning some 80's compilation disks my own lately. Here is a sample of my most recent disk:

Boston, Rush, Peter Gabriel, The Cult, Red Ryder, Wings, Midnight Oil, Eric Clapton Men At Work, Yes, Billy Idol, New Order, and The Cars.

Is this living in the past or what?

Boy, you guys are really making me feel old.
wink.gif

Moody Blues
Renaissance
Rolling Stones
Emerson, Lake and Palmer
Motown
Beach Boys
Grey Eye Glances
Pink Floyd
Yes

and even sometimes when I'm driving the NSX I listen to James Bond movie theme music. Try it...it kind of fits
wink.gif

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

Techno. Lots of techno. Hard, Fast, Loud, adrenaline pumping techno for short, spirited drives.

For a long trip that can get tiring, so Enigma would be my choice. All four albums one after the other, over and over again.
Don't think a CD can wear? I'm on my third copy of Cross of Changes.
obsessed much?
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by ilya (edited 27 August 2001).]

Originally posted by burbel:
I know it probably sounds lame, but I find that Enya, when you're pushing the car hard, helps to keep you focused and smooth. Then again, that could just be me.

Oh, and for driving around town? Metallica...

I'm pretty open minded when it comes to music but Enya?
rolleyes.gif
Really?
tongue.gif

My monster-in-law just bought an Enya tape
frown.gif

Personally, I'd rather stick knitting needles in my ears but, then again, that could just be me.
biggrin.gif

(meant in good fun - you listen to what you like...)

------------------
The NSX Model List Page

i'm an old dude, so mine may be a little low-key for some folks:

ANYTHING by Queen & The Kinks. then Led Zep, AC-DC, vintage '90's Aerosmith, Joe Satriani, Van Halen, Edgar Winter, T-Rex, The Beau Brummels and The Dave Clark Five.

some of the big hair bands of the 80's are still fun, too :>)

For all the Yes fans .... Have you listened to any GTR? It is very good and if you like Yes you will like GTR. Some of the same band members as Yes.

[This message has been edited by steveny (edited 27 August 2001).]

Hmmmmm seems like people here are listening to 80s,90s rock....
I love them too by the way...

But I have been putting my favorite trance club Xtacy tunes...seems to get the adrenaline pumping when driving fast on the NSX.

eek.gif

The Beau Brummels

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I have been putting my favorite trance club Xtacy tunes...seems to get the adrenaline pumping when driving fast on the NSX.

There must be a name for that...
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 27 August 2001).]

In the changer now:
Pink Floyd: Wish You Were Here
Ramstein: the second CD... don't know the name off hand.
Dream Theater: Metropolis II
Tool: Lateralus
Crystal Method: Tweekend
Swordfish Soundtrack

I usually have at least one metal CD and a Techno CD. The rest are all over the place... nothing too mellow though.

I guess I have more stress to relieve or something:

Rage Against the Machine - Makes me drive faster - 2 CDs
Limp Bizkit - Makes me drive faster - 2 Cds
Guns & Roses (Appetite for Destruction of course) - Have to have this one
Garbage - Have to have something that both I and my girlfriend like.
Cake - Have to have something that isn't angry!

Mmmmm. It makes it look like I'm 16 or something. I'm 32 for the record. I guess I could fill it up with Led Zeppelin or something. Actually the Stones is starting to sound good thinking about it.

This may sound weird, but my brother used to have a Miata (He needs an S2000 now) and I took it up to Mulholland for a day. I listened to Sinatra. Sounds weird but something about driving around the Southern Cal mountains listening to Sinatra in a convertible was just really cool. No Sinatra for the NSX.

Alan

------------------
Alan Peltier
Operations Manager
HRE Performance Wheels
[email protected]

'94 black/black
No mods yet. HID on order. Needs wheels!
Performance upgrades coming as soon as I can scrape up the cash! Donations much appreciated!!

Check out our website at http://www.hrewheels.com

My NSX music is like Alan's, but its mostly angry. Everything from Rage against the machine, Tool, Nine Inch Nails, STP, Korn, Linkon Park, etc. and of course Prodigy and the BLADE soundtrack. Yeah I know, I have anger issues and I am a cop. Hmmmm, nevermind that last sentence.

Well I listen to some R&B. There are few pleasures like cruising downtown in Miami listening to the best of Sade.

Blade.

Back