• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Z06--track experience

I wanted to post my experience--I have been looking for a 1991-2 NSX to take to the track and join my fleet which includes a 2007 C6 Z06 with 80,000 miles. Having a hard time finding a nice high mileage nsx in the midwest for under $35,000. So I took my vette to the track for the first time--Mid American Motorplex near Omaha NE--2.3miles and 15 turns. My summary--if money was no object, I would have an NSX in my collection. But this Z06 with 80,000 miles was absolutely amazing on the track. Only car that was faster was a $150,000 turbo 911. The Z06 was fully neutral, and when it would break at the limit, it was no snap oversteer, just perfect controlled 4 wheel balanced drifts. The brakes were perfect and the feel at the seat of the pants was amazing. The build quality on my Z is outstanding. The Z has a similar center of gravity as the NSX-among the lowest in the world. The motor with its 7000 redline allowed me to race in 3rd gear for 95% of the track. Almost 140mph in the straight aways. I bought this car for $33,000 and I can't get the grin off my face. We also raced in the rain, and it was wearing bridgestone run-flats and was extremely stable on the wet track. So many other cars were spinning out of control. I am also impressed with how unobtrusive the stability control kicks in when you are racing on the wet track. I feel the NSX is a beautiful, highly engineered car that changed the automotive world. I know that it may be a while before I can afford one in my collection, as I like the feel of Z06 so much more, and will be adding a $16,000 high mileage 2002 Z06 to my garage for my family to use at the tracking event also. Nothing against the NSX, as it is an amazing machine, beautiful lines, and an engineering marvel--but Chevy builds a great value with the Z06 family---all the race instructors that taught us that day drive C5 Z06's.

I'm not really sure of the point of your post on a nsx forum. Seems like this is just a review of a z06.

When you have an NSX, and take it to the track, then you can post a "NSX vs Z06 track experience"
Your post belongs in corvetteforum.com. And keep that C6 Z06, they're loads of fun everywhere.

Not sure how long it will take to get that '91 nsx but I hope it is not too long. It has always been a goal to have one in the garage! I would like to hear some comments from those who own both. Thanks.

Back