• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Zanardi springs

Does anyone know if Zanardi springs lower the car and by how much? I am currently using Bilsteins at low perch but for some reasons, it does not look low enough compared to my other NSXs did. I am contemplating using Zanardi springs or just change to BC coilovers. I still want a supple ride though so perhaps coilovers are not a good choice for my need?
Steve

Funny you posted this... I was actually wondering the same! The 98' I just purchased has Konis/Zanardi springs... waiting to receive the car from shipping.

If memory serves the mm lowering is 20/15.

Ha! I never measured shit. It looked like it was just an angstrom higher after the initial install, then very discretely settled. I then went from the stock staggered wheels for a '95, to a set of those fancy wheels in a group buy. 17/18 btw.....looks mighty fine to me. Standard setups all around.

They lower the car by 5/8 inch and are stiff IMHO for a street nsx. I have tried several setups and honestly the bilstein with stick springs cannot be beat for a street nsx

If you want to lower your car further best option is to measure how much lower you want and have another grove cut in the shock or verify that your bilstien perch isn't one upside down which I've seen before. Im guessing your perches are right and you are happy with front height but wish the rear was a little lower. If that is the case best bet is to get the grove cut in your bilstein a or buy another set of rears get them machined and then swap and sell yours

Last edited:
I would go with BC with a 8/6 spring combo. I have mine set to NSX-R height.

front -20 mm
rear -8 mm
you need to install a rebound in the shocks if the spring should be mounted savely as the springs are linear and shorted than stock. Adds $$$.

Back