• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Zip File Software Advice

Looking for recommendation to a web-site to download "free" WinZip or Zip or MSG files opening software without all the other extras/cookies etc..

My WinZip is not able to open new files and isn't accepting updates! TIA.

Thanks for the quick response. I am not the techie type but found some of their FAQ responses puzzling. Like can I opne old WinZip files?

There are also some ZIP archives that were encoded with methods unsupported by 7-Zip, for example, WAVPack (WinZip).

Yes, it should have no issues with old winzip files. It's pretty much the Swiss army knife of file compression utilities.

My current WinZip finally opened the compressed file and I can read the pdf but not the MSG files. This is the web-site it is sending me to: http://file.org/extension/msg#

MSG files are typically Microsoft Outlook messages that have been saved, you should be able to open them on any computer with Outlook installed just by double clicking on them. The WAVPack files are a form of audio compression so unless you were compressing audio files you don't need to worry about that.

Back