• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which car(s), if any, look better than the Nsx?

Which of these cars look better than an Acura NSX?

• Total voters
1984 Ferrari 308 GTS. Like the one Magnum PI drove...in red. Man I loved that car. I love the looks of my NSX...don't get me wrong. But there are lots of cars that look better. Dollar for dollar, it's probably the best looking car for the money. No argument there.

A black P1 is better looking then the NSX. It took me a few days to come up with a car which speaks volumes about the NSX.

There are many cars just as beautiful as the NSX in my opinion.

But, at the same time, not even a beautiful car looks beautiful from all angles.
The NSX, for example does not look that good when looked upon from a low angle. That way, the tail looks too long in my opinion.

Yet, when looked upon from slightly above, when the top-view shape of the rear hatch immediately shows it aerodynamic virtues, the NSX looks very beautiful indeed.

Some cars look beautiful in pictures but will often disappoint in real life.
And especially when you actually sit in them is what turns me off most of the time.

For me, the Ferrari 308/328 and 355 have absolutely stunning exteriors. But the interior totally turned me off once I sat in them.
Goes even more, for me, for the Lotus Esprit. Absolutely stunning from the outside but once I sat inside one, I lost all real interest in getting one .

The interior of the NSX has been called bland and mundane and for the original model, that might be true. But a different color scheme and some contrasting stitching works wonders for the NSX interior and it is very hard to beat when it comes to outward view, ergonomics and daily livability.

Also, tastes change. I used to think the mkiv supra was a beautiful car. Now after owning the Nsx it just looks.. Fat. As does the gtr, and many others. I feel like the Nsx set the benchmark for beauty in the 90's and thus becomes the yardstick for measuring the beauty of other cars, for me at least

Some cars look beautiful in pictures but will often disappoint in real life.
And especially when you actually sit in them is what turns me off most of the time.

For me, the Ferrari 308/328 and 355 have absolutely stunning exteriors. But the interior totally turned me off once I sat in them.
Goes even more, for me, for the Lotus Esprit. Absolutely stunning from the outside but once I sat inside one, I lost all real interest in getting one .

What year(s) are you talking about? I really enjoy looking at trainwreck interior designs and looked up pictures online this morning. Some were downright scary but some of the mid/late 90's versions looked stellar. Surprised me! Post here.

The NSX design is funny. It has that same weird/beautiful look that makes me also like Caymans so much. There definitely are cars out there that I think look absolutely stellar and maybe better than the NSX. 458's do it for me like most of us, and 90's 300ZX's still turn my neck. But every time I see my (or any) NSX in person I kind of forget all the others. Call me biased, but all its tangible & intangible other features combine to make it even better looking. Like the right girl does. Guess that's why I bought it.

But that picture of the ivory/black Miura. Wow. Can't think of a better screensaver image than that one, but can't think of a better car for the garage than the one I own.

6052_1127913196375_1030383_n.jpg

Taken at Stanford University

6052_1127913196375_1030383_n.jpg

Taken at Stanford University
I was inches away ffrom buying a 2j swapped rx7. Drove it home and to my disappointment it felt so cheaply put together. Looking at your pic now I'm glad I came to my senses. it was literally seconds before putting the money in the guys hands too that I decided it wasn't for me. Everything felt loosely put together and it was a hayride.

was it a 93 FD? the 94-95 was put together better.

yep 93 r1. I heard that even on a soft suspension the ride is still super bouncy. What's worse is my test drive was on a road that was under construction so that didn't help the case. With some potential they look pretty decent. I even considered buying a veilside fortune rx7 but was swayed when I realized the kit is made of fiberglass.

btw did you ever figure out what's causing your cars misfire?

Last edited:
I'm still working on the problems with my NSX misfiring. Just no time with work and other projects going on all at once. The NSX is more probablematic and requires more $$$ than a FD. I've never had any electrical issues with my FD.

The FD does feel "cheaper" than the NSX and MKIV, but for a reason - they wanted and succeeded in making it dam light.

And considering that the chassis is steel and kept it under that "magical" 3k lbs. benchmark it was pretty impressive.

The FD is already lighter than an aluminum bodied NSX. Also at a .29 Cd it was more slippery than the NSX .32 Cd

Few things that the FD did to maintain the diet:

1. hollowed out carpet fibers
2. drilled out pedals (at the time the lightest OEM pedals and probably still are)
3. eliminate clamps for fuel hoses and vacuum lines (that part was a mistake - unless u wanted Mazda to pay for your home remodeling from the car combusting in your garage)
4. Thin and light plastic panels
5. very little sound deadening material
5. plastic framed seats with no power motors

My FD weighed less than a NSX-R or whatever the "lightest" NSX was offered from Honda when I did a full exhaust swap.

Last edited:
Yeah but they sound like a weedwhacker on steroids, have the ride quality of a soapbox racer, and look like japanese firebirds, IMO.

;)

Last edited:
I think they(mazda) saved weight using very thin paint.

Firebirds?

Try baby vipers

I guess if you are referring to the shoddy build quality, it's a valid comparison.

Anyway, I'm just messing with you. I have a few buddies with Wanker-powered mazdas and I poke fun at them all the time. I still wouldn't ever buy one considering how overpriced they have become due to F&F crowd, but I did drool over them when I was younger, along with the fat supra.

Last edited:
It may just be a concept, but so this the next NSX.
The Aston-Martin DBC seems to have it all. the AM look and mid-engine.
Aston-Martin-DBC.jpg

I guess if you are referring to the shoddy build quality, it's a valid comparison.

Anyway, I'm just messing with you. I have a few buddies with Wanker-powered mazdas and I poke fun at them all the time. I still wouldn't ever buy one considering how overpriced they have become due to F&F crowd, but I did drool over them when I was younger, along with the fat supra.

I curse u to drive a FWD Automatic American 4 banger from the 70's-80's.

Perhaps we can start with a Cavalier.....

Normally I don't sympathize much with Batman but referring to an engine based on the work of the genius Felix Wankel as a "wanker" is over the line.

Cavalier is too good for Mr. 944. Put him in a Chevy Citation.

I curse u to drive a FWD Automatic American 4 banger from the 70's-80's.

Perhaps we can start with a Cavalier.....

:tongue:

Normally I don't sympathize much with Batman but referring to an engine based on the work of the genius Felix Wankel as a "wanker" is over the line.

:eek:

Kim Basinger's car in Batman?

batmancitation3.8572.jpg

Alrighty

Back