• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

02 headlights... anyone ever black it out?

More photos? anyone else do this?

You mean like this? :)

The amber pieces were carefully smoked with a special paint mixture so it still blinks amber when on. The right headlight has the piece inserted so you can see the difference:

IMG_5987.jpg

^ That must look very good on a berlina black!!

And perhaps on a white Type R replica...

Well, those are going on my car which is red.........Looking good:cool:,

NSXR-19.jpg

NSXR-13.jpg

real black type r's with black headlights in japan

Reminds me a bit of this.

dodge-stealth-01.jpg

Yeah, depends on the car... the black Type R's look great... BUT, every time I see a C6 Vette, I think "Would an NSX look too much like a C6 with body colored headlight housing?"

So in the cars that look like cars class, would the C6 then become to the NSX, what Jaguar is to Aston Martin? Like, almost looks like an Aston Martin but not quite there....nomatter how sexy some of the Jags are now....still not quite there....

C6 would say after seeing an '02+ NSX with body colored headlamp housings "Ohhhh maaaaaan, they look better like that than we do... man...we're not quite there.."

would be nice if it wasnt a core swap job. I take headlamps apart all the time, but for some reason I am scared this one time... i will mess it up. But oh wait.. I have a heatgun now.. no longer have to put them in the over and wait for the adhesive to get soft.... HMMMMMMMMMMMM...............

http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f51/custom-drl-write-up-111109/

I have some experience with lens fabrication as shown in the above link...

Last edited:
looks pretty slick. agreed with others that either black or white (for white cars) looks oem... this mod can look tacky easily.

teej i take it you are going to do this to your new ride :)

Copy_of_DSC00772.jpg

showphoto.php

fully blacked out 02+ headlights with smoked turnsignal. It looks so fantastic and perfect on the red NSX! I have not realy liked the oem silver paint, in fact the old style pop up head light front was a bit nicer to me, but yet with the black ones, I like the facelift freont alot more than the 1991 front :)

Attachments

• 100520152254.jpg
    100520152254.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 150
  • 100520152256.jpg
    100520152256.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 132
  • 100520152255.jpg
    100520152255.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 130
fully blacked out 02+ headlights with smoked turnsignal. It looks so fantastic and perfect on the red NSX! I have not realy liked the oem silver paint, in fact the old style pop up head light front was a bit nicer to me, but yet with the black ones, I like the facelift freont alot more than the 1991 front :)

Very nicely done!

We now offer a real carbon fiber option for those who want something truly unique. We would need your headlights to be sent in for the process so please contact us for details.

There are a couple ways to tint headlights (smoke) them and if done properly it should last a very long time.

All depends on the owner, if they want it reversible, how dark, reason for smoking them, etc.

I know we've done at least 10 sets over the years for various owners. Keep in mind the smoke process can be done internally or externally for obvious benefits/negatives each way.

Thread revival.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Work done by Mike at Clear Corners.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 277
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 284
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    337.4 KB · Views: 286
Thread revival.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Work done by Mike at Clear Corners.

may i ask how much that ran you? do you have any pics with them headlights on? you can PM me with cost

thanks
dan

Attachments

• IMG_3219.jpg
    IMG_3219.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 41
  • zm0cX16.jpg
    zm0cX16.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Back