• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1st Place in Class 4 hours of Sebring!

Dear Docjohn

Thanks for the posting. My best time during the four hour enduro was a 2:32.458 and that was shortshifting at 7000 to conserve fuel and save the car. The results should be posted on the HSR website soon at hsrrace.com under the Sebring Fall Classic results.
JJ

Vintage racer, You would do well to talk to Shad with Driving Ambition (formerly Comptech) and speak with him on this subject and possibly let him assist you with your quest? Friday I picked up my car from Comptech after they installing their first 3.5 stroker motor. I trailered the car to Shad on Saturday to dyno the affects and to check on the tuning. Comptech is currently working on a intercooler for my car and they are hoping to make it available as a kit? This cooler inlet air temperature should help with your performance. By the way, the results are great so far and I am really exited to get an intercooler up and working so I can add some boost to it. So far the results are 499whp and 345lbs tq. @ 6 lbs of boost and the immediate throttle response of a S/C. Hopefully more is coming? You can contact him here. [email protected] Let me know if I can be any help? Kip Olson

Hey Titanium Dave: There was someone at NSXPO ir orlando (cannot remeber his name) who fabricated an intercooler for the old version CTSC. Worked well in terms of reducing inlet and operating temps.

Someone on Prime may read this and know who he is.

I would love to know more as Comptech proceed with this. Good luck

Kip Olson said:
Vintage racer, You would do well to talk to Shad with Driving Ambition (formerly Comptech) and speak with him on this subject and possibly let him assist you with your quest? Friday I picked up my car from Comptech after they installing their first 3.5 stroker motor. I trailered the car to Shad on Saturday to dyno the affects and to check on the tuning. Comptech is currently working on a intercooler for my car and they are hoping to make it available as a kit? This cooler inlet air temperature should help with your performance. By the way, the results are great so far and I am really exited to get an intercooler up and working so I can add some boost to it. So far the results are 499whp and 345lbs tq. @ 6 lbs of boost and the immediate throttle response of a S/C. Hopefully more is coming? You can contact him here. [email protected] Let me know if I can be any help? Kip Olson
Holy Crap Kip:eek: :eek: That rocks! 499 RWHP, if you only had 500 RWHP:rolleyes: With an intercooler, 530+ I would guess. I better not get tired of looking a the back of your car, getting smaller OR bigger in my mirror...

Joe Downs had an intercooler built with Lamanova(sp?) cores, sitting 4"+ up on the stock set up. I did not care for the way the belt ran, looked like it wasn't the best for the long haul on track set ups. Just my opinion though...

I would like to make the whole set up lower, no more than 1" above the standard Comptech set up so I won't follow Joe's lead. Like Kip said, Shad is the man for tuning and he is the one helping me with all my SC direction:biggrin:

Thanks for the info and link Kip...I will contact him via email this week and see if he can give me some information and possible assist me in upgrading my autorotor unit.
Jerome

HSRP-6W2UUL.jpg

Thanks John! The car is much changed as you can see so I am not sure if you would want with whats left of it! 2007 season starts in only 10 weeks!

Thanks Larry B

I will have the pics as soon as I receive the picture disc the track photographer sends out. Usually takes a couple of weeks.
Jerome

Here at RacingBrake we are joining with other NSX folks to salute to your accomplishment. Wining this four-hour endurance race is in fact more challenging and prestigious than some of the “professional” races.

Your testimonial on RB braking performance proves that a simple (although not in design and development) and affordable brake upgrade like ours can outperform those name brands’ BBK that cost several times more.

We also like to thank Hawk (Jeff Smallwood – Sales Manager and Bruce Berentz – Director of Development) for their support in providing us their DTC friction compound, without a "true" racing pad like Hawk DTC our rotors will not shine.

Jerome, keep up your good work and get well prepared for 2007 but just keep in mind that as you are searching ways and means to increase your horsepower and speed don’t forget to keep them in check with our brakes.

Good luck.

Warren

Dear Warren

I thank YOU and your company for all the help and support and also Hawk indeed as their DTC compound pads were a PERFECT match for your fantastic BBK upgrade. I can honestly say that the brake upgrade from your company made my success possible and obviously the results speak for themselves. In 2007 I will be looking for a little more power and speed but of course I know that your company Racing Brake will always allow me to bring my NSX under control at the right time!

Thanks again
Jerome Jacalone #26 NSX

sdoow said:
Here at RacingBrake we are joining with other NSX folks to salute to your accomplishment. Wining this four-hour endurance race is in fact more challenging and prestigious than some of the “professional” races.

Your testimonial on RB braking performance proves that a simple (although not in design and development) and affordable brake upgrade like ours can outperform those name brands’ BBK that cost several times more.

We also like to thank Hawk (Jeff Smallwood – Sales Manager and Bruce Berentz – Director of Development) for their support in providing us their DTC friction compound, without a "true" racing pad like Hawk DTC our rotors will not shine.

Jerome, keep up your good work and get well prepared for 2007 but just keep in mind that as you are searching ways and means to increase your horsepower and speed don’t forget to keep them in check with our brakes.

Good luck.

Warren

Warren,

can you post what brakes systems you have availble for our NSX?
All, from budget cost to racing cost?

Lito

Jerome car aside, you must be a damn good driver. Congrats and thanks for making NSX owners proud.

Quick question for you, did you fiddle with the balance of the brakes at all?

thanks buddy..believe it or not I am still running the original ABS factory setup with 17" 5Zigen's front and rear with no problems and do NOT use a seperate brake balance.....yet!

YEAR END POINTS...FIRST IN CLASS C14!

http://hsrrace.com/HSR/HSRHome.nsf/attachmentweb/EJEN-6LGRJH/$file/Group+9-06.pdf?OpenElement

VintageracerNYC said:
YEAR END POINTS...FIRST IN CLASS C14!

http://hsrrace.com/HSR/HSRHome.nsf/attachmentweb/EJEN-6LGRJH/$file/Group+9-06.pdf?OpenElement

Jerome

nice JOB!!! we are proud of you man.

Man, we need more NSX on list like this one. I know there are plenty of NSX owners that track and are very good drivers.....it seems they just need to Race for real. :biggrin: instead of weekend stuff.

I hope to do this one day...for real I mean :smile: after many many track events under my belt and transform my NSX for it....roll cage and all.

Merry Christmas !!

Lito

VintageracerNYC said:
Thanks for all the replys everyone. Nice etched glass trophy as well as photos and interview. My class includes 2000 and up Porsche Carrera Cup cars and BMW M3 GT cars which all have near 500 horsepower. My car is FI with the CTSC Autorotor unit which gives me about 350 HP so I suppose but the superior dynamics of the NSX give it a big advantage especially in tight turns and fast sweepers! The other cars were turning in faster lap times but had problems and my Honda was trouble free with fast smooth pit stops. I plan on further race prepping my car over the winter and try and reduce weight which should even the playing field considerably! Is there a way to make the CTSC produc greater boost?

Yeah, go with the 9lb kit! With that you'll easily dominate again! The 9lb kit in my car is 381rwhp! :biggrin:
Sure would love to do what u r doing!!

Back