• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2004 nsx converted into automatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem here is not that someone wants to convert their NSX to suit their tastes. The problem is that someone posts on a public website what they want to do which obviously is seen as being ridiculous. Before the days of the internet, we could all do something that no one would offer an opinion on. However, with everyone looking over your shoulder these days, unless you don't want to read the opinions then it's best not to post your ideas in the first place. It's called "keeping your mouth shut."

I once converted an automatic car to a manual, and it didn't cost very much because it was an American muscle car. The NSX on the other hand, being produced in such small numbers, is not the best choice to do a drivetrain swap. As mentioned prior, it's easier to update a pre-02 car to look like an 02+ car. But then again, it's not my money and I'm not the one asking about a ridiculous tranny swap in public.

Cheers.

This guy spent $5.3 million on his house. Sounds like he can do whatever he pleases. http://www.redfin.com/CA/Pacific-Palisades/14901-Corona-Del-Mar-90272/home/6841172

Last edited:
If the "Larry" who posted is married to Rebekah then he just dropped $5.3 mill on May 29th on that address he gave so he has enough to throw away on a hack job if he wants.....

"Larry" one thing about this site don't take what people on here say personally. The vast majority of people on this forum are super conservative and purist. So take the hack job etc comments with a grain of salt. If you really want to do this Shawn is your guy.

While I'm not a fan of "Larry's" social skills on this forum, I really do understand the intent of his idea. I was married to a woman worth hacking up an NSX. She wouldn't have allowed me to do it though. But if that's what she wanted I'd do it. The bottom line, anyone can do what ever they want with their NSX whether I or anyone on this forum likes it or not. If their finished product makes them happy...great. If it increases the value of my car...even better. As Diddy said, Shawn is the guy for this kind of project.

Something is still not passing my "sniff test". The larry who bought that townhouse is 57 and the op doesn't write or act like a successful 57 year old, especially when the op posted a pic of his wife holding a sign with a gay slur in another thread. The op describes himself as a snowboarding poker dealer who lives on long beach but the owner of the house he listed doesn't seem to ever have had a long beach address. I don't know - maybe it's just me.....

Something is still not passing my "sniff test". The larry who bought that townhouse is 57 and the op doesn't write or act like a successful 57 year old, especially when the op posted a pic of his wife holding a sign with a gay slur in another thread. The op describes himself as a snowboarding poker dealer who lives on long beach but the owner of the house he listed doesn't seem to ever have had a long beach address. I don't know - maybe it's just me.....

That's because it's probably his daddy's place :p

"Yo bro, I do what I want bro. I'll hack my sweet NSX as I please bro. I'll ask for opinions and then tell everyone who disagrees with me to mind their own business. Come see "my" place bro. Come at me bro"

not just you. i can't see a mature older successful gentleman being this overly sensitive/taking such offense over something so meagre. old successful guys don't have this much to prove to strangers.

not just you. i can't see a mature older successful gentleman being this overly sensitive/taking such offense over something so meagre. old successful guys don't have this much to prove to strangers.

Watch out who you're calling "old". :biggrin:

lol sorry my bad, that is totally not what i meant!!!! the older (not old) successful gents+ladies that i am grateful to take mentorship from are very classy+ down to earth.

I tried to warn him. And so it begins.

Come to my house and roll up in your 91 x. So I can show you all my other dumb ideas in person.
Please no excuses, you can't make it, it's a waste of your time or blah blah blah.

My dad can beat up your dad.

I don't get why the OP would go through all the trouble. If he really just put down $5.3M on his house recently, he can surely plop down enough cash to get an original out of the factory NSX in whatever tranny and color he wants. Just go to the Want Ads, and post a Wanted ad for an "02+ Red Automatic... willing to pay $100K+" and if any exist on prime, I'm sure they'll respond! Money is the answer to most anything! :-D

In california it is more common to have your wife hacked up....just sayin.....

Slowly turning into a classic prime thread. Any thread that has "doesn't pass my sniff test" in it by Bob is usually on its way to becoming a classic...

Some people just have trouble with three pedals....

th

Slowly turning into a classic prime thread. Any thread that has "doesn't pass my sniff test" in it by Bob is usually on its way to becoming a classic...

I'm always willing to give the benefit of the doubt to anyone but something doesn't seem right to me. Perhaps the OP will chime in and clear up some of this since it doesn't seem to fit the "profile" of an obviously successfully male almost ready for medicare.......

And to think this little Stick has caused all this controversy...

Lmfao!

i'm always willing to give the benefit of the doubt to anyone but something doesn't seem right to me. Perhaps the op will chime in and clear up some of this since it doesn't seem to fit the "profile" of an obviously successfully male almost ready for medicare.......

I still have my doubts since the "real" Larry Shuman seems too successful and "Type A" to write like the OP and to get involved in this type of pissing contest.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/11/managers-david-lonner-larry-shuman-on-merger-path/

http://writersbootcamp.tumblr.com/post/25374084272/business-breakfast-recap-larry-shuman-wed-may-9

He manages literary talent so I doubt his style is akin to the manner in which the OP is handling himself. For a "literary" talent manager, the OP's original post is not overly literate considering basic misspellings. Plus, I doubt the real Larry Shuman would need to come on here as a Prime newbie and ask us for such an opinion. If I just dropped over a $1.5 mill down payment and could finance another $3.5 mill on a townhome I don't think I would need to come on anonymously here and ask for advice about a $10-15k expense.

How hard would it be to convert a 2004 nsx from a manuel into an automatic?

i found the perfect 2004 this weekend with only 44k miles.

My thought is to swap out my current 1996 automatic nsx

I know the automatic only comes with the 3.0 engine. So do I have to swap out the entire drivetrain?

Anyone know how much labor gonna be involved?

we have been searching high and low for a 02+ automatic nsx.... Seems like no one has one for sell.

Also would this deprecate my car value? I'm thinking it might increase it since it's so rare to find a 02 automatic.

Advice greatly appreciated thanks

And I highly doubt that someone "in the business" in the Hollywood arena would ever risk their business and reputation by posting a photo of their wife holding a sign with a gay slur on it to describe someone here.

Just my .02.............

Last edited:
I still have my doubts since the "real" Larry Shuman seems too successful and "Type A" to write like the OP and to get involved in this type of pissing contest.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/11/managers-david-lonner-larry-shuman-on-merger-path/

http://writersbootcamp.tumblr.com/post/25374084272/business-breakfast-recap-larry-shuman-wed-may-9

He manages literary talent so I doubt his style is akin to the manner in which the OP is handling himself. For a "literary" talent manager, the OP's original post is not overly literate considering basic misspellings. Plus, I doubt the real Larry Shuman would need to come on here as a Prime newbie and ask us for such an opinion. If I just dropped over a $1.5 mill down payment and could finance another $3.5 mill on a townhome I don't think I would need to come on anonymously here and ask for advice about a $10-15k expense.

And I highly doubt that someone "in the business" in the Hollywood arena would ever risk their business and reputation by posting a photo of their wife holding a sign with a gay slur on it to describe someone here.

Just my .02.............

Careful, you might get a personal invite to be buzzed in by his security force...lmfao

Definitely one of the strangest posters ever to grace these boards.....

Careful, you might get a personal invite to be buzzed in by his security force...lmfao

Definitely one of the strangest posters ever to grace these boards.....

And for some odd reason, probably the last time he'll grace these boards again :biggrin:

Just my .02.............

Is that image still up? If yes can I get a link to that thread please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back