• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AP-X custom subwoofer enclosures

Re: new sub boxes

If anyone has a special request for a particular woofer they would like to run, please PM me and I will see what can be done.

Also wanted to point out that I can offer any custom color desired and I am looking into a carbon wrap as well.

Newest offering for the NSX is the 12" Pioneer IB-Flat woofer - this has been tested at length in my own car and the output and SQ are excellent - this is huge bass in the NSX.

This enclosure (as all of my enclosures do) benefits from my 20+ years of speaker box building and features the same 3/4 MDF baffle , vacuum molded hi-density aircraft spec fiberglass and resins plus my own proprietary construction techniques that make my enclosures truly second to none. You will not find a more solid subwoofer enclosure at any price.

I should add that this STILL does not cause any loss of legroom over factory.

Attachments

• IMG_2976.jpg
    IMG_2976.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 680
Last edited:

Here are a couple quick shots of the "super slim" version, it is only tested with the Pioneer IB-Flat (.3 cu ft.) and performs incredibly well for the internal volume (in fact no one can believe it) this adds approx. 3" to the legroom in the NSX - I will add some installed pics later.

BTW - Hugh has one of these.

Attachments

• IMG_2984.JPG
    IMG_2984.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 463
  • IMG_2978.JPG
    IMG_2978.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 437
  • IMG_2982.JPG
    IMG_2982.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 431
Last edited:

I know several others have asked about it but do you still have the 12 earthquake box? If so could you PM me some details on it.

Thanks
Mike

I know several others have asked about it but do you still have the 12 earthquake box? If so could you PM me some details on it.

Thanks
Mike

Yes, I offer the 12" earthquake and the 12" pioneer IB-Flat. I will PM you.

I currently have a 10" enclosure ready to go -

Next up, I am going to offer the enclosure in carbon or kevlar.

Wil, looks like I need to come visit you soon =):wink:

i'm very intrested in your 12 subwoofer check your pm please

Thanks for the order Jimmy, your 12" Pioneer IB-Flat enclosure will be going out tomorrow!

price for 10" kevlar, and pictures if you have them. Thanks
btw, what the air volume?

The volume ranges between .3 and .5cu. ft.

The kevlar and carbon are in the works so pricing is not established, probably a $100 - $200 option

Just installed Wil's Sub Box.

Excellent build quality, and TREMENDOUS bass. Its unreal for what it is. I highly recommend this option for those considering upgrading in the future.

For those who want an idea of how clean the floor must be before the install:
attachment.php

I chose to expose it on top of the carpet, so i "adjusted" the carpet a bit:
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0943.jpg
    IMG_0943.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,098
  • IMG_0939.jpg
    IMG_0939.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 1,105

I have a 10" super slim enclosure ready to go - this adds legroom over the factory setup!

Is there a grill available for that woofer so passengers wont put their foot through the cone?
Can you please PM a price for the 10" version? Thank you.

Is there a grill available for that woofer so passengers wont put their foot through the cone?
Can you please PM a price for the 10" version? Thank you.

There are many grill options, most commonly available grills will fit.

PM sent.

Is the 10" superslim still avail and if so please pm me price and ordering info. Thanks

Is the 10" superslim still avail and if so please pm me price and ordering info. Thanks

I have one ready to go, I will PM you.

I just finished another super slim enclosure, it is ready to ship if anyone is interested.

Back