• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BBS LM's (18/17) or ProDrive White GC06 (17/17)

Right. Aren't the 2002 and 2006 the same? They both list them as "DBK". I read that the only difference between 02 and 06 was that they came with the red lugs for 06. Could be wrong, though.

Those are F2003 championship editions; there is also a gold championship edition BBS LM.

Now those would be 110% perfect for my NSX and I would buy a set of these in 19/18 from anyone who has them for sale.....leads? Can I custom order a setup for my NSX from Japan?

rick

The all gold BBS's are the F1 Championship Editions, pretty rare and pretty expensive. I bought them used on Prime and had them resprayed a darker copper colour, then had to sell them as they did not clear my AP Racing BBK.

When I was at the wheel refinisher I couldn't decide if I wanted them silver, or gold centered with a polished lip etc. In the end I just went with all copper. The nice thing about LMs is that they will look good in any colour, and always strikes that perfect blend of class, prformance and bling. Its definitely a wheel connoisseur's wheel. :biggrin:

Dhalsim really wants a set: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114126&highlight=gold+bbs

bbsLM20Small.jpg

Yep...........Oyagi beat me to those gold BBS. But I know where I could pick up a set if needed except its hard to find the correct NSX fittment. On a side note who the hell picks up Gold F1 Championship Edition BBS and then has them painted bronze......:confused:....sheesh......:wink:

I'm looking for a set of those red BBS logo'd lugnuts as well - I never knew this stuff was so difficult to find till now :(

rk

I think any vendor who can order from BBS can get these lugnuts. I ordered them when I ordered my rims. The lugnut set is a whooping $200+. $10 per lugnut :biggrin: :eek:

mg_lugnutkit200.jpg

Yep...........Oyagi beat me to those gold BBS. But I know where I could pick up a set if needed except its hard to find the correct NSX fittment. On a side note who the hell picks up Gold F1 Championship Edition BBS and then has them painted bronze......:confused:....sheesh......:wink:

Long story...lets just say someone messed up on the paint code, someone else did not bother to drop by the shop to check the sample and then a good monetary compromise was reached. :p

hey, are you trying to get a set of 18/17's? or 19/18's?

Do you guys think running 18x8 up front and 18x9 rears would look good? Finding a set of 19's for sale is nearly impossible sadly :(

IS ANYONE OUT THERE THAT WANTS TO SELL THEIR 19/18" BBS LM'S? PLEASE PM ME!!!! wANT TO buy!!!

hey, are you trying to get a set of 18/17's? or 19/18's?

Do you guys think running 18x8 up front and 18x9 rears would look good? Finding a set of 19's for sale is nearly impossible sadly :(

IS ANYONE OUT THERE THAT WANTS TO SELL THEIR 19/18" BBS LM'S? PLEASE PM ME!!!! wANT TO buy!!!

dude, I have driven a 93 (while looking for my NSX) that had 18-19's, BEAUTIFUL BB's and makes the NSX look even more fantastic this one was also lowered, BUT, but, it was JUST TOO MUCH, is just too big, it rubs, you get paranoid you'll hit something, the car drives weird... seriously, go 17-18's ,, 18-19 are just 2 much .... oh well, your NSX it's amazing anyways and 18-19's look good, to bad they are not "recommended"

Oscar

why do you keep calling 19 then 18? just curious .. makes in your mind a better sounding order of size for that matter than 18-19?
lol just curious
Oscar

why do you keep calling 19 then 18? just curious .. makes in your mind a better sounding order of size for that matter than 18-19?
lol just curious
Oscar

Oscar,

Thanks for your insight and experience with the BBS equipped NSX. My question is do you remember what offset/tire sizes he was running for those BBS wheels? As you know, offsets play a crucial role in determining if a wheel fits correctly. I used to believe 18/19’s (there is that better…haha) ride harshly and rub but I’m currently running a 18/19” Volk GTV setup and they are flawless. Sizing is 18x8, +36 on a 215/35 tire and 18x9, +42 on a 275/30 tire. And my NSX currently sits VERY VERY LOW as I had it dropped it a bit more than the previous owner to get the car to look right with the 18/19” fitment.

My guess is the NSX you drove either was slammed too low or had improper offsets/tire combo’s to get that bad rubbing. I know performance wise the 17/18” setup is optimal. You can easily pull off a 17/18” combo if you were running Prodrives because visually the 17” rim looks big because the spokes go to the edge of the wheel. But with any “step” lip wheel it always looks visually smaller. A 17” BBS LM would look like a 16” wheel up front for example.

I used to run Work Meister s1r’s in 18’s on my s2000 and even those looked small. I’m afraid the 17” LM up front would look too small on my nsx….

So the only option is to run either 18’s all around on the NSX or get a 18/19” setup on the NSX.

I’ve been looking at the LM sizing and it seems this would be the best fit:

18x9, +42 or 19x9, +42 out in the back

17x7.5, +38 or 18x8, +40 up in the front

What do you guys think of the sizing?

PS: Oscar, do you happen to have any pics of that 93 NSX with the 18/19” BBS wheels?

... do you remember what offset/tire sizes he was running for those BBS wheels? ....

Hey, unfortunately I don't have pics of that NSX but it looked stunning (red X with gold BBS), the drive, not so, maybe the opposite, it was definitely slammed to the floor, to the point that the exhaust on the back was bent due rubbing on speed bumps ... what i remember CLEARLY was the 285's on the back and 225 on front, the car was so unbalanced it felt scary unsafe and not solid (you know that feeling of confidence) you suggested going 18-19 with 215/35 tire and 18x9, +42 on a 275/30 tire .. as far as what i have seen/read that could be the safest yet still looking awesome, you might lose some performance but not by much ... for sure I am dying to see your final result, you have a great taste in your mods and cars, I am sure your NSX will look as stunning and modern as any +05 sportscar/exotic .. personally i dream about 17-18 advan 5's or BBS LM's but I am too chicken to go 18-19 (and paranoid about losing 0.2 seconds to 60) :D ... good luck and keep us updated, you X is on the top 10 best looking ones on prime (imo)

Oscar
==

Hey, unfortunately I don't have pics of that NSX but it looked stunning (red X with gold BBS), the drive, not so, maybe the opposite, it was definitely slammed to the floor, to the point that the exhaust on the back was bent due rubbing on speed bumps ... what i remember CLEARLY was the 285's on the back and 225 on front, the car was so unbalanced it felt scary unsafe and not solid (you know that feeling of confidence) you suggested going 18-19 with 215/35 tire and 18x9, +42 on a 275/30 tire .. as far as what i have seen/read that could be the safest yet still looking awesome, you might lose some performance but not by much ... for sure I am dying to see your final result, you have a great taste in your mods and cars, I am sure your NSX will look as stunning and modern as any +05 sportscar/exotic .. personally i dream about 17-18 advan 5's or BBS LM's but I am too chicken to go 18-19 (and paranoid about losing 0.2 seconds to 60) :D ... good luck and keep us updated, you X is on the top 10 best looking ones on prime (imo)

Oscar
==

owner.

The tire size for the rear is not uncommon running a 285 but the 225 up front could be an issue – really depends on his overall setup. But if you’re saying his exhaust is almost touching the ground, sounds more like an improper suspension setup that is causing the car to handle so poorly. That is too bad if he did that but I don’t think the rims can affect the handling that badly besides the rubbing issue.

Originally I custom ordered my set of Volk GTV’s with the plan to add the Brembo BBK’s so I’m running a pretty conservative setup. I can probably add a 10mm spacer in the rear and still be safe and the fronts could go out a bit more with another 5mm spacer. No rubbing issues at all for me and I certainly can’t feel the car being any slower but visually it gives the car the right exotic look.

I would say if you can find the proper fitment, definitely get 18/19” setup!

Size wise, the NSX can run:

FRONTS:

17x7.5”, +38
18x8.0”, +38 to +40

REARS:
18x9.5”, +30 to +42
19x10”, +30 to +42

This is assuming you are going to run a stagger 17/18 or 18/19 setup.

I plan to go do some test fitment with a set of gold LM’s in 17/18 to see if I like how that setup works/looks on my nsx.

rick

Rick, I PM'ed the owner last year for his settings on this stance for the Tein Flex, I duplicated his setup and my car looked great BUT it RUBBED everywhere! Becareful.

ok the white NSX with plates NWP CEO has the PERFECT STANCE! :)

Can someone please tell me definitely what size those are????

SIICK
nsxbbs.jpg

Rick,
I finally got the front wheels. Here they are !
Front 18"x8" +40 with 215/35/18
Rear 19"x10" +40 with 275/30/19
No rubbing on both front and rear.
Eventhough, i have the adjustable TEIN shocks, i will go for a comfortable ride. (The road here is not as good as in USA, better play safe)
If you need more pics. Let me know.
In the pics. i had a 3mm spacer to front and rear. Since the old set have it.
Hope those helps.
Bert

Attachments

• Picture 344 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 344 (Medium).jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 410
  • Picture 348 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 348 (Medium).jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 306
  • Picture 326 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 326 (Medium).jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 277
  • Picture 339 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 339 (Medium).jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 473
  • Picture 337 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 337 (Medium).jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 248
  • Picture 336 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 336 (Medium).jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
thanks guys, I saw BOTH of those posts and the gold rims are actually local to me....

However I want a 18/19" setup ideally :)

Red-N: Nice pics, very sweet setup you have! appreciate the post.

Back