• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best Kills

dave22 said:
I love HIDs. My S2000 is like a rolling bug zapper :D

I love mine too! It is amazing how many MORE of the little critters you kill with vs w/o HID. I keep the bumper good and waxed, and those little puppies are TOAST.

YUMNA2 said:
god how old are you people...seriously i want to know

I am in my upper 20s. Like most people, I have learned my lesson about what to do and what not to do on public roads. There is a time and a place to really enjoy your car as fully as possible, unfortunately public roads are not the place to do so in an NSX.

Don't take me for being judgemental of your post. Do I think that traffic laws are always right? No way. Do I follow them all? Nope. Is there anything wrong with a little extra fun on the cloverleafs? IMO, no harm no foul. Drive over the speed limit on the interstate? Insurance will be more expensive, but if you can live with that then go for it. I do.

Here is what I am trying to say: try flinging a miata around town, and you'll have fun and maybe get a few minor tickets. Try and equal amount of 'sport' in an NSX, Viper, Z06, etc and sooner or later you are going to the pokey, or are really going to end up hurting someone. The top of 3rd is WELL into triple digits (on a 5speed). Can you imagine hitting something at that speed? Want to get pulled over for 110 in a 45mph zone?

You make your own choices, but try not to kill anyone else and if I were you I would make sure I had a good backup plan using public transportation b/c sooner or later you are going end up losing your license, car or both.

White94 said:
I love mine too! It is amazing how many MORE of the little critters you kill with vs w/o HID. I keep the bumper good and waxed, and those little puppies are TOAST.

I am in my upper 20s. Like most people, I have learned my lesson about what to do and what not to do on public roads. There is a time and a place to really enjoy your car as fully as possible, unfortunately public roads are not the place to do so in an NSX.

Don't take me for being judgemental of your post. Do I think that traffic laws are always right? No way. Do I follow them all? Nope. Is there anything wrong with a little extra fun on the cloverleafs? IMO, no harm no foul. Drive over the speed limit on the interstate? Insurance will be more expensive, but if you can live with that then go for it. I do.

Here is what I am trying to say: try flinging a miata around town, and you'll have fun and maybe get a few minor tickets. Try and equal amount of 'sport' in an NSX, Viper, Z06, etc and sooner or later you are going to the pokey, or are really going to end up hurting someone. The top of 3rd is WELL into triple digits (on a 5speed). Can you imagine hitting something at that speed? Want to get pulled over for 110 in a 45mph zone?

You make your own choices, but try not to kill anyone else and if I were you I would make sure I had a good backup plan using public transportation b/c sooner or later you are going end up losing your license, car or both.

Very well said :) I have gotten all my recent tickets in different states so only one seems to show up on my record! I will say though, it's hard not to open her up once in awhile when you see that long open stretch ahead:) Mark is so right though, it's not worth going to jail or hurting someone when there are places all over to drag race, autocross, road courses, HPDE schools, etc! I had a young kid this past weekend want to race me in his C5. I told him no thanks. He was very upset with me to say the least! I was actually on the way to the 1/4 track that night and invited him to come along with our group, but he passed. I hope one day he learns like I did, street racing is just stupid!

White94 said:

well said

Kill stories for the street are absolutely and completely stupid.

I agree with 2slow2speed.
Take your car to a road course. When I'm at the track I'll pick out a car several cars lengths ahead, try to catch up then pass. I don't do it with straight line speed but in the braking zones and with cornering speed. No
one get hurt and all traffic is going the same direction besides it really pisses off the M3's and Z06's to give a point by.The satisfaction I get from dicing with a GT2, GT3 and Ferrari's in a "safe" environment is beyond description.

Threads like this only encourage stupid behavior with possible deadly consequences on the street.
My opinion, street racers have the same IQ as my NSX has cylinders...

Obviously you get the hint by now.

I would recommend you try s2ki.com Street Encounters section.

NSXPrime member MarkB has a story to tell. Brand new NSX, out on the country roads going near the limit with some other hot rodders, decided to NOT to follow the rest of the guys on the wrong side of the road around a blind curve (for fear of unknown oncoming traffic). He hit some gravel, slid, and went thru a barb-wire fence backwards. $18,000 damage to his brand new car. Luckily, no injuries.

He since has discovered that you can actually get time on tracks, and go fast there in a safer controlled environment, with instruction. Now he's a serious track hound, and having a much better time, so he says. And he's not putting the rest of us on the road at risk.

IMO, sometimes it seems to take a serious learning event like that to make you grow up.

Jeff

kenjiMR said:
this thread should have been removed before it got so many replies.
I repectfully disagree. Since it is now part of the site’s collective knowledge (and indexed by the search), this thread serves a purpose in conveying the community’s attitude towards street racing. An occasional thread like this could deter newbies from starting such threads in the future, without creating additional work for those who moderate the site. This one stayed civilized and I got a few good laughs out of it.

kenjiMR said:
not a big deal, just annoying and makes me want to visit this site less thats all.
I think humiliating and dealing with these types of users swiftly is better than glorifying their thread.

all because of one thread you didn't need to click on? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

humiliating these "types" of users, what type? The type different from you? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

end of message :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

YUMNA2 said:
werent we all ""newbies" once?

Yep!

Everyone here loves sports cars, and hopefully driving them. Public roads are where we all drive most of the time and sooner or later we all have to learn our lessons. The more people that learn something here instead of the hard way, the better. To each his own, but I see this thread a a good thing.

Enjoy the cars - they are gorgeous! FWIW, I think you should have gone the other way with the colors though! :p

Mark
-White NSX
-Blue BMW
:D

Edit, BTW check your PM.

YUMNA2 said:
god how old are you people...seriously i want to know

NSXTASY_MD..damn your car must be "fast" for a "1991." not saying your car isnt "fast" but THonda is right M3s do have a lot of power and can walk or even "kill" a early model NSX..having driven one..id know

NSXandM3.jpg

"KILL" an early NSX...uhh, i don't think so....walk them **maybe*** (I've driven them as well, anyone could...they're pretty common nowadays I have three friends who own one.) I have literally beat ALL of them...all six speeds and they drive well. I can very easily demostrate this...just get ANYONE in the DC/VA/MD/B-more area come to somewhere local and I'll be glad to demonstrate :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Viper Driver said:
My best kill was a porcupine on U.S. HWY 60 near the New Mexico-Arizona state line. I hit that sucker going over 100 miles per hour and he caused over $3000 worth of damage to my baby.

I was still finding porcupine needles on the underside of the car several months later.

Lol...I remember seeing your NSX at Basch and thought Mark was just joking around how you ran over a porcupine on your drive to AZ.

Back