• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clear side markers Only took 20yrs to make

Ethan/Tom - how much light passes thru the darkest version at night? Is it somewhat usable or is it pretty much dark/black. I know light output is hard to quantify but if you can help me understand that'd be great.

Tom - I like the clear on GPW. My $0.02

I didn't think I wanted these but now I do for some reason :biggrin:

If u do smoked side markers, u might get more guys with dark colored NSX attention.

I don't like guys, I like girls. I'm sorry, I don't play for the opposite team. :tongue:

JK.

I will have all three colors available for customers: clear, light smoke, and dark smoke.

Last edited:
Ethan/Tom - how much light passes thru the darkest version at night? Is it somewhat usable or is it pretty much dark/black. I know light output is hard to quantify but if you can help me understand that'd be great.

I was a wondering that also. You just reminded me that I was suppose to check it at night. Light does pass thru, but not very much.

My guess is that all dark smoke lens have this same problem. Maybe brighter bulb might help.

I've gotten a lot of inquiries about these side markers lately.

The replacement metal clips have been made and are being sent to the US. Once I verify that they fit, I will begin processing orders. I'll start another thread for ordering.

I've decided to do an intro price of $175.00 for the front pair. Shipping $5.00 (50 states USA). The regular price will be $225.00 after I sell out of the first batch.

I still need sort through the current batch and pull out the side markers that are not salable condition. I am guessing that I have about 20 sets of each color: clear, smoke, and dark smoke.

I will also offer customers during this first batch a chance to choose which colors they want by seeing them in person. Hopefully this will provide feedback to others on which color side makers go better with certain color NSX/year.

These options are only if you are unsure which color sidemarker you want. If you know which color you want, I will send you a complete matching set for $175.00 plus $5 shipping.

Which option do you guys prefer for those who are unsure about the color?

Option 1:
Customer picks out two colors. Customer pays for 1 complete front set ($175.00) plus $15 shipping (covers all 3 one-way shipping). I ship them one side marker of each color they picked (mis-match set). Customer decides which color they prefer and send me back the color they don't want with the enclosed pre-paid shipping label. After I receive the unwanted side marker, I ship them the matching color side marker to give them a complete matching set. No refunds necessary.

Option 2:
Customer pays for 2 complete front sets ($175 x 2 = $350) plus $10 shipping (covers shipping both ways). Customer decides which color they prefer and sends back the unwanted set. I will refund the customer one set ($175) after receiving the unwanted set.

Last edited:
I'll take option 1, clear & light smoke.

Is there going to be another thread for ordering?

Thanks
Rich

I'm definitely interested at that price. Do you have a 3rd option if I know what color I want for my car. I'd like to get on the list for a clear set. I would like the non-smoke set. So put me down for a set. Thanks.

I'll take option 1, clear & light smoke.

Is there going to be another thread for ordering?

Thanks
Rich

Yes, I will start another thread for orders very soon. I will also have a website setup at http://www.nsxclear.com this week.

I'm definitely interested at that price. Do you have a 3rd option if I know what color I want for my car. I'd like to get on the list for a clear set. I would like the non-smoke set. So put me down for a set. Thanks.

Sorry for confusion. Yes, you can purchase without option 1 or option 2 if you already know what you like.

I couldn't tell looking at my car, but do you know if the light bulb in the side marker appears orange or clear when not illuminated?

If the actual bulb looks orange/amber, then I may shy away from the clear color as I don't want to see the orange bulb in the clear side marker.

Or does anyone know if they sell silver colored bulbs that actually emit an orange light? I heard they have them for bmw's, but wasn't sure if they were available for the nsx side marker lights...

Of course if the oem bulb is clear when not illuminated, then that would be ideal.

The bulb in the side marker is white. Actually it may be a little black/burnt, since mine has been on the car since 1991. But they shine white light.

You can buy a chrome bulb that shines white or amber. The size for the side marker bulb is 168/194. The bulbs are similar size and both will work.

They retail for about $5-10 plus shipping. Search ebay for "194 chrome amber bulb".

I was planning to source them for my customers, but the vendor wanted me to buy 500 sets to get a good price. I wasn't trying to make any money from the bulbs. I just wanted them for convenience and to save on shipping for my customers. Sorry, I tried my best.

Last edited:
Please put me down for a set of light smoke.

Wheres the shout out for using my dented fender? Did it help? :p I'm kidding. Lookin' fresh!

LOL. I'm sorry, I didn't know you needed the acknowledgement. Your worst than a girl. :biggrin:

Seriously, thank you very much for the dented fender (I should really be thanking the guy that hit you and his insurance company :tongue:) It should be of value, once I get the new replacement metal clips and check each side marker for fitment issues.

I also have to thank NSXSupra for giving me his other front fender to start this project. The factory still has his fender for prototyping and testing.

Your locations says Kabul, Afghanistan.

I'll have them put them on a Predator Drone and Hellfire missile them to you! What is your GPS location? :tongue:

If your in San Diego, I can meet up with you.

The order thread has been moved to Group Buy of this forum by System Admin. I'm not exactly sure why because I do not require any minimum orders for a sale price. But I'm sure they have a valid reason.

Here is the thread:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137486

I had the pleasure to meet Ethan and purchase the sidemarkers in person. I opted for the dark tint version. I've not installed it yet, as I am waiting for the new clips.
First of all, Ethan is a class act. I was down San Diego for my daughter's graduation from UCSD and Ethan was nice enough to meet up with me. But he also brought my daughter a graduation present! Certainly unexpected but undoubtably nice!

The sidemarkers look professionally made and well crafted. I look forward to installing it.

I will be needing as extra bright yellow turn signal lights if anyone has suggestions...

Once again, I wouldn't hesitate to buy from Ethan... I look foward to more of his products!

Back