• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

comptech returning????

Dave

Vance got in on the same GB that you were in. How do I know?
Because I took his spot when he decided not to get it.

OK then why the $1000 price difference? What am I not getting? :confused:

...The other problem is that $8K has a lot of utility. Despite the fact that the CTSC is the absolute best value (HP) for the money, the amount of money could be spent on so many other things in your life.

People would rather have much less return on their money as long as the utility of the expenditure is low.

I understand that $8k is a lot of money. It was then, and is now, and people are still saying, 'I would buy one ASAP if they came back out,' which to me seems like more Internet bench racing to me. If that CTSC came back out today at the same price, the majority of the same people saying they would buy would find a bullcrap excuse out. It is a pet peeve of human nature to me that I just despise.

I am trying. I called twice since Monday and got an answering machine both times and no return call yet!!!!:confused:

:mad:
I have one question for the heard of people that are saying now that they would buy a CTSC if they came back....why didn't you buy them before?? :confused:

When the company was in business and NOPI was giving discounts, THAT probably would have been a good time to buy.

I didn't own an NSX this time last year ;)
daughters private school and 3 types of dance all at once stopped me right before the closing other wise I would have bought it for close to msrp... gladly! I live in a part of CA that sux if stuff is no cert'd and even when some stuff is a cop will still ticket you and say talk to the judge :mad:

I will be an owner of one soon *crosses fingers*

Anyone pulled out a credit card and bought anything? :biggrin:

Updates?

Anyone know what the status of Comptech as a going business really is?
Inquiring minds want to know.

I am in on the group buy for CTSC.

Spoke to them Thurs. 6/28. They said it's about 45 days till SC's are available.

I am in on the group buy for CTSC.

Spoke to them Thurs. 6/28. They said it's about 45 days till SC's are available.

You mean they actually answered the phone. You must have a different contact number. I have tried several times and left several messages with no luck.

BUMP

Has anybody had actually been able to buy something from them?

I need replacement foam air filters for both my NSX and Integra "ice box" kits. I will call then Monday and see how it goes. I'll keep everyone posted.

Even if they are back who is running the show and will the quality be similar? They sold off the equipment so who is making the parts?
Dont Know just asking.

Sorry for not getting back sooner. I just called Comptech and ordered a replacement filter for my Integras Comptech "ice box" kit. I was told that today was the first day that they began taking credit card orders. They also said that they are taking orders for superchargers, but they are still about 6 weeks away from shipping. The engine shop is now, on paper at least, separate from the parts business, but they still make all of the Comptech parts. I was also told that the employees bought the company and have it back up and running.

Someone needs to tell those guys at Comptech to update their website. If they want to get some business back they should be informing the public, not all of us investigating and doing all the work to see if, what , and when parts are available. There is no change in the website form when they went out of business to now. Just my opinion.

They have several people ready to spend BIG money and they just ignore you, I dont get it. At least keep us informed.

It might be a wait for the SC. Auto rotor USA went out of business. Now CT has to import directly from the AutoRotor manufacturer located in Sweden :smile:

It might be a wait for the SC. Auto rotor USA went out of business. Now CT has to import directly from the AutoRotor manufacturer located in Sweden :smile:

From what I gathered, autorotor USA was not that well a run operation anyway. This is a good thing. Dealing with sweden directly is better. I am sure they will have a better US distributor soon. I don't think this will affect Comptech much at all.

So when is the CTSC group buy?

Tried to call Comptech yesterday to order the street-pro brake kit for the factory wheels up-front, but just the answering machine. Will post if they call back. Can the brembo street pro kit be bought any other place? Overkill for me but would look reall nice behind my nsx-r wheels. Frank

It's been quite a few months since the "Comptech is returning" message. So, have they returned? I wanted to poke around their website and see what was available and all I get is a "this site is under construction" message. It's been that way for weeks.

They're still in business. They went out of their way this year to sponsor NSXPO and maintain a presence to NSX owners. However, I know they've been extremely busy.

Call, leave a message if you don't get a hold of them, and send them an email.

Back