• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Copart gem coming back to life

I wanted to add NSX #2 to the stable and the prices were pretty up their thanks to the introduction of the new NSX dropping soon. I had received the go from the wife and my search begin. My budget was $30k and I was ok with a high mile 91-93. My primary purpose for a 2nd NSX was to occasionally track it, drive it in the winter and just enjoy the car for what it was intended for. Well god answered my prayers in August of 2012 when a 1 owner came up on copart, all panels damaged, no frame damage, 34k original miles
, all stock and well cared for prior by an attorney from westchester. Car was even maintenanced by Larry himself after I searched the vin before the purchase. Looks like it was purchased from someone when the lawyer sold it but that was short lived cause as you can see less than a month of ownership he crashed it and it ended up at copart. I had other projects at the time but couldn't pass it up at the price it was offered to me so I purchased it and shelved it for a later date. That date has finally arrived, Car runs A-1 and I'm almost done gathering all the parts to hit the bodyshop. I don't have the time to get super detailed like most of the builds here but I'll try my best cause I know you guys love pics, Lol my guess is I should be done with her by March April the latest. Still waiting on 2 door shells before we head to bodyshop. I'm also going to keep it simple and not changing the color. Black has grown on me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 320
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 383
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 336
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 307
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 329
good luck with the rehab......hope you can join us at one of our track days.So the only damage is superficial body panels?

yup just superficial and bolt on parts, cant wait for watkins glen
good luck with the rehab......hope you can join us at one of our track days.So the only damage is superficial body panels?

Glad you are saving one from the junk yard! Especially since it was a low mileage one that was obviously loved by the original owner.

You were not kidding with "all panels damaged"! For the price of used stock parts you could go wide body.....

Just saying.

You were not kidding with "all panels damaged"! For the price of used stock parts you could go wide body.....

Just saying.

It's funny you say that, prime member obx is who I was able to get most of the parts from because he's going widebody, I like to look at widebody but in love with the original lines of the car.

well I guess Im not gonna be working on it LOL good for you fix her up and drive it man

well I guess Im not gonna be working on it LOL good for you fix her up and drive it man

I went with local guy since it was just bolt on parts and paint, round trips to Florida would not have been cost effective for me. However I hear your the imola man so next one goes to you, Lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 459
Last edited:
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg headed to the bodyshop finally

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 368
I remeber this one, good job fixing her back up you got any questions you have my number bro.

I remeber this one, good job fixing her back up you got any questions you have my number bro.

You remember seeing it at copart you mean? You will be on speed dial, the guy who has it did 3 NSX last year. He has pics on his wall. I wonder if their prime members.

Back