• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CTSC status and possibly group-buy

I suppose part of the question is if this kit that's being offered is for a coupe or -T. There's a $1000 difference (retail) in the two, so it makes a big difference.

In fact, now that I think about it, this whole thread doesn't mention if any kit in question is for a coupe or -T. The prices I'm seeing, I'm assuming we're talking -T models, right?

J

The price I listed for the 1995-2005 is for the NSX-T models. The price difference has to do with a new rear engine stabilizer bar and a new Targa holder/tray that is required because the CTSC sticks up too high.

I just don't get this speculation on these low prices.
The unit is not a Comptech unit.
These are old websites.
These people probably don't even know what the product is and who ever put it on their website doesn't work there any more.
Wow, thats a lot of speculation on my part!!! lol
Stop looking...
Phone CT-Eng and get the facts.
These new units which are barely shipping on 4 month old orders is costly and all new.
Somewhere, sometime when they get back up to production and the units proven, there probably will be a group buy to save some cash.
But not at ridiculous prices.
Trev

These are old websites.
These people probably don't even know what the product is and who ever put it on their website doesn't work there any more.
Stop looking...
These new units which are barely shipping on 4 month old orders is costly and all new.
Somewhere, sometime when they get back up to production and the units proven, there probably will be a group buy to save some cash.
Trev

+1

J

FYI. NOPI sells the kit with no group buy for $8250 shipped. I just called today.

According to their website they have it listed for $8735.29. However, Nopi is notorious for not keeping their website up to date. Chances are this is an old listing. I wouldnt count on it.

Ditto, I did alot of calling around few months back and I found out the same as Trev below.

These are old websites.
Stop looking...
Trev

Alan @ NOPI estimate around 3 weeks for delivery.

I spoke with Nopi and they said "We don't have them in stock, and it would be subject to the manufacturers availability" which to me means....no dice!

I may be going turbo after all....unless Nopi knows something from comptech that we don't.

Just got off the phone with Alan @NOPI. the delivery time for the CTSC is 60 days from order. CT gets blowers in group of 6. The price he quoted me was accurate for 91-94 NSX. New models will be more. If we can get 6 or more people to sign up, the delivery time may be faster. HTH. so who wants one?

I had to wait for 5 months for my CT SC when I got I from NOPI.

I am waiting for 5 others to sign up first so I don't have to wait so long. But what other supercharger is in stock? So we really don't have a choice. I really would love to get the CTSC before this option is no longer available to us. We are driving a 17 yr old car and still have a company making this limited production for us is truly incredible.

It's sad to see CT splitting and picking at the carcass of a once operational company.

The Forum is why CT was open for so long and I'm sure they are working on getting the SC available but some things have just not worked out for them. Now having to Import Autorotor directly and having all the parts made out sourced. It's all time.

New developments are going to be slow or non-existent for an out of production car.

It's good to know we still have some Experts for our cars that I don't have to mention here.

Just got off the phone with Alan @NOPI. the delivery time for the CTSC is 60 days from order. CT gets blowers in group of 6. The price he quoted me was accurate for 91-94 NSX. New models will be more. If we can get 6 or more people to sign up, the delivery time may be faster. HTH. so who wants one?

Are you sure Alan is up to date with Comptech's current situation? Has he had confirmation from them that they'll get out 6 units or more for us in a timely fashion? If this is the case, then I will sign up. However, if it will take 5+ months (or more) I might as well wait for next year.

I am waiting for 5 others to sign up first so I don't have to wait so long. But what other supercharger is in stock? So we really don't have a choice. I really would love to get the CTSC before this option is no longer available to us. We are driving a 17 yr old car and still have a company making this limited production for us is truly incredible.

So WTF is the pricing? :biggrin: Confirm that it's for the Autorotor.

Slownsxt: Eiffel posted the price as 8250 for the 91-94-- scroll a bit up you;ll see

but we dont have any idea on the 3.2L OR the NSX-T setup?

any idea on pricing on those? estimates would be great because that will determine if i get one now or wait for a while.

I called IllTech auto and the guy is gonna call me back with an idea of groupd buy costs as well as how many we need etc.

thank you eiffel
The guy at Ill tech has already spoked with CT to see what his pricing would be-
I gave him an estimate of 8 ppl thru this thread as a buy in so we will se in a few days how long CT-engineering will take to get us stuff as well as pricing on that amount of kits.

thanks

Back