• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DF Type R Seats

Status
Not open for further replies.
senninha -

maybe i can help you out? peter is usually busy sourcing materials for production and may get caught up with that. the seats are still in production... we stock the shells but do not send the seat out for upholstery till an order is placed. we have a couple leather samples - im not sure if peter has sent you some to look at?

P/Med you last week about pricing for a pair of seats and rails covered like those in post #217 r/s picture.
Please p/m with info.

Cheers
nigel

Hi,

Thanx for the offer to help. If you check out Peter's inbox, '[email protected]' you'll be able to obtain all the info.

Following the last conversation when I called direct from the UK, Peter was going to prepare a firm offer for the seats to the spec we had discussed. He has already supplied leather samples and we had agreed which option to use.

Look forward to hearing from you. Email is easier, my details will be in the email trail.

regards, Paul

senninha -

maybe i can help you out? peter is usually busy sourcing materials for production and may get caught up with that. the seats are still in production... we stock the shells but do not send the seat out for upholstery till an order is placed. we have a couple leather samples - im not sure if peter has sent you some to look at?

I love the seats. Does anyone in Vancouver have one that I could sit in to see how they fit?

I love the seats. Does anyone in Vancouver have one that I could sit in to see how they fit?

Member OLYAR15 has them.

Maybe your luck in buying them will be better than mine, since trying to purchase them I have gone through 3 sets of seats in my car and still no reply from DF on wether they can sell me a set of theirs.

guys, I talked to some guys at downforce.

they are super busy right now getting ready for the SEMA show in vegas

These guys are crazy. They dont' respond to phone calls or emails. I tried many times. I was ready to buy a set of seats from them, but was lucky to find a set thru Science of Speed they had on hand.

If everyone knew how good the DF NSX-R seats are, they'd sell more and probably be able to bring the price down to a point where more people could afford them.

The seats are so much better than any other aftermarket seat you could put in the NSX it's not even funny. They are also better than the OEM seats in every way other than getting in and out of the car. They fit thin guys and fat guys (I'm 220 lbs and a 36 waist and I loved them). They flex in just the right places. They are great on 6 hour drives. Phenomenal. This from a guy who hates Downforce because they can't even return a phone call.

Downforce is missing a huge opportunity here. Aren't they in business to sell product and make money?

So true. If they have the money to display at SEMA, they surely have the money to hire someone to answer the phone. 10 years ago I arranged a booth at SEMA, and I know what it cost back then, I can only imagine it's more now. Then it was more than a year's salary for most people to do a proper booth and displays.

Like I said, the seats are amazing and the rest of the products are of very good quality. You'd think they'd focus on selling the stuff- word of mouth in the NSX community makes for quick success (or failure).

I have dealt with DF a lot, and I have always liked both Peter and their products. These guys have always been good to me and made excellent stuff. But in my purchases, I have noticed issues where I have told myself "boy I hope they get it together or else they will be hurting". I hope the guys do read this thread and make some changes for their own sake. I like these guys. I don't want them to go away.

I have dealt with DF a lot, and I have always liked both Peter and their products. These guys have always been good to me and made excellent stuff. But in my purchases, I have noticed issues where I have told myself "boy I hope they get it together or else they will be hurting". I hope the guys do read this thread and make some changes for their own sake. I like these guys. I don't want them to go away.

+1

I have all good experiences with Peter and DownForce, but I know others that had problems getting in touch with them or get their products on time.

I do like their products and hope they stick around.

I recently had the CEO of one of the largest private businesses in the US (he sat right seat in the cockpit) and part of our talk was the number one problem with growing a businesses is finding people who could execute. Operations people.

No matter how small the company is, at a certain point you either have to be an Operations Guy or get someone in there who is. The biggest mistake is when your business starts to grow you are too timid or too cheap to bring in outside people whom you can delegate to. This is Downforce's problem!

"Busy for SEMA" is an excuse. I'm sure they are. In that case bring in someone part time at min wage solely to return emails and calls, even if it's to explain to people what is going on and that they will get back to them as soon as they can. THERE IS NO EXCUSE (including "busy for SEMA") TO JUSTIFY NOT RETURNING CALLS OR EMAILS FOR WEEKS AT A TIME.

I did a trade with another PRIME member who dropped off his DF Type R wing at DF for them to ship. After two weeks, numerous emails, phone calls, PMs, etc from both me and the other PRIME member some one from DF returned my call to let me know they were "busy for SEMA" and they were out of boxes to ship. WTF? How can you run a business and run out of boxes? Three weeks and I finally get the tracking # on Tue. The other PRIME member has been great communicating with me and very apologetic..... but it's DF that needs to be apologetic and either get their sh*t together or bring in some help.

My $0.02

that is not their excuse, but their current project

If that is their current project than they should get an answering machine that says.......We are currently not interested in taking on new business due to the fact that we are getting ready for SEMA. If you wish, please leave a message and we will call you back after we return from SEMA. If I ran my business in this fashion being described here......not the first time either I might add, I wouldn't have a business. An answering service where someone actually picks up the phone and takes a live message is under $100 a month. Just my .02

If that is their current project than they should get an answering machine that says.......We are currently not interested in taking on new business due to the fact that we are getting ready for SEMA. If you wish, please leave a message and we will call you back after we return from SEMA. If I ran my business in this fashion being described here......not the first time either I might add, I wouldn't have a business. An answering service where someone actually picks up the phone and takes a live message is under $100 a month. Just my .02

i am not agreeing with any party here, I am just telling you what they told me and apparently whoever else too

If they are getting ready for SEMA I hope they give us a booth location. Interested in the Type-S to complete the conversion.

I'll email the info address and see if I can arrange a sit in one during the show.

P

I guess it all comes down to man power resources. I haven't been to DF in almost a year but I heard yesterday that two of his main helpers started school and does not get there till 3 pm pacific time. I swing by to see what is going on this week and let you guys know what is going on. NSX parts is no longer something they focus on but they will still produce parts as ordered. The only thing I can think of is he is focusing on SEMA while catching up on pass orders.

All,

Peter did email a couple of days ago with updates and some stunning photos of the Type S style seats.

Updates have been slow and mainly in response to my chasing.

When is the Sema show completed?

Regards, Paul

Here you go ....

Last edited:
If that is the case, what is their main focus now? GTR?

Last time I was there, which was almost a year ago, they were focusing on 997, F430, R8, and yes GTR.

They have to be able to tap into markets that can actually make them some profit instead of cutting even on a monthly basis.

I know they went through some labor issues last year and had to revamp their internal system to make it more efficient.

The labor is high for Peter in California, and his operation is fairly big to sustain. He could have everything made in China or Mexico (like Dali) to avoid EPA and other regulations, but he wanted to stay here to make sure he can control the quality.

Hanging there, once everything is done with SEMA, I'm sure he'll be back to help you guys. His hands are tight, my hands are tights even with a cigar lounge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back