• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DF Type R Seats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently installed my ivory type R seats with the SOS manual rails. Here are some photos. Overall the seats are comfortable, but I noticed my seat belt is a little hard to put on since the buckle is up against my hip. Without the buckle installed I am fine. Maybe I am too wide.

picture.php

picture.php

Gorgeous

omega,
are you using the stock seatbelt receiver?

the nsx-r receiver is about an inch longer and should solve your problem.

Last edited:
omega,
are you using the stock seatbelt receiver?

the nsx-r receiver is about an inch longer and should solve your problem.

I did swap over my oem seat belt hardware to the type R seats. I can still put the seat belt on if I move my hip out of the way, but a longer receiver makes more sense.

I did swap over my oem seat belt hardware to the type R seats. I can still put the seat belt on if I move my hip out of the way, but a longer receiver makes more sense.

Or possibly the type of receiver that has a fabric strap like a rear seat one from another Honda/Acura?

Any news?

I too am still waiting on the black leather/black perforated leather seats - tell us something!

In the meantime, I have ordered leatherseats.com kit for the stock seats (I will have the seat cushion replaced by a thin piece of foam with the leather over it) in the same leather combo and silver stiching to match the dash/door panels.

- Please let us know!

Last edited:
Any update on the leather that I am looking for?

just got my seat today from DF. i will post more pic when i get a changed to install it.
thank you very much Peter.
sky

Attachments

• photo(4).jpg
    photo(4).jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 834
  • photo(3).JPG
    photo(3).JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 717
hi senninha,

the brackets/sliders shown in the photos are vance's original nsx-r brackets/sliders. we will be offering a bracket/slider that pretty much looks identical to it and science of speed will be offering a bracket/slider but im not sure about the design, ill let you know once i find out or maybe they can chime in.

Any updates on the DF rails ... I've seen the SOS but would prefer something with more of an OEM look/feel to it

Thanx

Any updates on the DF rails ... I've seen the SOS but would prefer something with more of an OEM look/feel to it

Thanx

DF power seat rails look very close to the OEM NSX-R seat rails. I have both the OEM and the DF.

Genuine OEM NSX-R Power Seat Rail
P1000559.JPG

P1000558.JPG

P1000557.JPG

DownForce Seat rails
P1000547.JPG

P1000549.JPG

I'm really dying to buy these but apparently they do not have black leather available to them yet - I hope they get some soon.

OMEGA2, those seats look great on your car! Swap out the leather inserts on your door panels for the "tight" look, to really finish off your interior! :)

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for availability of the Type-S configuration of black leather outside and perforated alcantara inserts. Any idea of that availability?

I'm hoping to recieve leather samples in the post any day soon .... :smile:

regards, Paul

we just sent the leather samples out a couple days ago for you guys to check out. once we finish a seat in leather, we'll take photos and post for all of you guys to see.

I'm still waiting for availability of the Type-S configuration of black leather outside and perforated alcantara inserts. Any idea of that availability?

I'd like a response to the same question too please.

Last edited:
hi - were making a pair in the type s configuration. well post photos and give you guys more info once its done. yes - you can buy the leather covers from us.

DF missing ....?

Last edited:
Hi,

Has anyone heard from Peter or DF in the past 4 weeks?

regards, Paul

just swung by DF yesterday to pick up my Gallardo and saw these bad boys in the office! DUDE PETER! where were these seats when i had my NSX! :tongue: they look awesome!

photo-1.jpg

Hi Peter,

Wopuld be nice to know whats happenning. We've has sevral calls and email exchanges to agree seat specs but now nothing? Have you stopped production? really had my heart set on the spec we agreed having agreed the leather etc.

Hope to hear feom you soon.

regards, Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back