• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DF Type R Seats

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here are some detail shots showing the quality finish that Vance is referring too ....

Last edited:
Wow, that seat looks incredible.

One of the reason these look so good is because the fabric and leather is laser cut, same method as Recaro. It is costing DF a lot of money to get that done.

Here is the scoop on DF.

I was at DF yesterday.

Peter is going away from direct sale right now and is expecting SoS and an potential soon to emerge entity to carry his product. I was told that they will no longer do "customization" and everything they sell will be directly from the websites of these companies. There is no point of hiring people to answer phones when companies such as SoS is their direct outlet.

They are working on a website to showcase their products with links to their venders for purchase, which means a lengthy process to complete because as of this moment, they are focusing on a very big project in order to attract couple of domestic auto manufactures that are without in-house composite parts facilities.

This project has to be done before SEMA and if the contract is obtained afterwards with these companies, they will be in a very solid financial condition, something all of the NSX venders needs.

If you have any questions, let me know, I'll do my best to find the answer for you.

I have the DF seats in my car. I bought the car in Rhode Island and drove it to Fl. The seats are very comfortable. I'm only a 32 inch waist right now but im a big guy from working out everyday. So my back is wide and they fit great. The seats do flex a fair amount but are very comfortable. I'm 5'11 ft. I adjusted the seats as low as possible and wish i could sit slightly lower but with how deep they are you cant get super low. I guess im just used to my S2000 and i have seat rails that are slightly lower. I just ordered a TypeR wing from downforce about 2 weeks ago and i was able to get in touch with them even though they are hard to get ahold of right now. I was pretty upset because i had zero communication from them about my wing and was wondering where it was and when it was shipping. They just shipped it because they had to make it. I emailed them and they did respond and were very Apolgetic about the transaction. Seems like a great company just very busy i guess

I "e-mailed" them directly, not p/m, to make inquiries.
I'll be getting a drivers seat and rail assy. soon.

Cheers
nigel

Hi B@t,

Did they fit, have you ordered, whats the lead time please?

regards,

Paul

I've had no problems getting email replies from thomas there.

I've had no problems getting email replies from thomas there.
I have worked with Thomas and DF is a great company and yes sometimes hard to reach but every time I emailed Thomas always replied back. My wing arrived damaged and DF took care of it and sent me a new one. Great company

Can you post an email address and/or telephone number for Thomas then please?

Thanx

It's just thomas at downforceusa dot calm.

Encouraged by Peter's new hood postings I thought I would bump the seats thread.

Peter, I will drop you a direct email whenI'm back from leave to follow up our conversation earlier in the year and spec for seats with standard shells rather the bespoke.

Hope all goes well for you.

Regards, Paul

I "e-mailed" them directly, not p/m, to make inquiries.
I'll be getting a drivers seat and rail assy. soon.

Cheers
nigel

How did you get on Nigel ... purchased? installed? Photos?

I've contacted Thomas so will see if he replies ....

Hi Paul,
Didn't buy yet as planned.
Just saw an advert here in "For Sale" for a pair of their seats in black for $4000. US.
Great price for black but they only have manual seat rails not powered. You can exchange the rails to Peter i'm sure for the power conversion.
As you should know you can get me at CB if you need.

Cheers
nigel

Blink the power rails are only going to add weight. You should buy those as I was going to jump on them if they were in red!

i got these just over a year ago and they are very nice the wife loves them comfortable as!
When i purchased Peter was great to deal with when i got hold of him yes he is a bit slack on his emails but his products are superb i think i got my parts off him before he sort of went offline, would i buy more off him? yes but i probably bought most of what he had anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back