• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DF Type R Seats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone in Houston please order these seats so I can test fit them.
I don't want another pair of seats sitting in my house unused due to the way they fit (or rather not fit) :(

Would the same mount fit the driver seat? May be make with multiple holes to adjust driver seat for single drivers looking to loose even more weight?

Well the only issue with that is, if anyone else wants to drive your car, they may be screwed. Which I guess could be a good thing... lol... Adjusting NSX seats back and forth is just something that is unnecessary. Its not like there is cargo room behind you. The passenger side especially, why do they need to be moved forward at all? To reach what? 15 pounds for a seat rail is a lot of weight. Everyone is worried about the weight of the seat, but the weight is all in the rail. Even the OEM seats are fairly light without the rail. An aluminum L bracket of some sort that bolts the seat in place and has proper enough strength for safety is pretty easy to build. All it has to do, is be AS STRONG as the OEM rail, which I don't think is hard to acheive being it will be fixed and the OEM rail has to provide movement.

I have brought up this issue several times but no one seems to want to really manufacture one. I am sure at least for the passenger side, the idea of saving 12 pounds of weight would appeal to many.

I have brought up this issue several times but no one seems to want to really manufacture one. I am sure at least for the passenger side, the idea of saving 12 pounds of weight would appeal to many.

Given the seats are not sided, if this fixed base is offered by someone (possibly DF?) then it would help domestic and oversea's sales. I agree with Turbo2Go, why do you need to move the passenger seat anyway?

I'd also be happy with a manual rail for the drivers seat unless the motor option is close to the manual in price.

BUMP - any update on offering the Type S trim version please?

regards, Paul

Are you guys working on a fixed passennger rail so save even more weight? If you do so I can send a down payment for the set of these seats.

Well the only issue with that is, if anyone else wants to drive your car, they may be screwed. Which I guess could be a good thing... lol... Adjusting NSX seats back and forth is just something that is unnecessary. Its not like there is cargo room behind you. The passenger side especially, why do they need to be moved forward at all? To reach what? 15 pounds for a seat rail is a lot of weight. Everyone is worried about the weight of the seat, but the weight is all in the rail. Even the OEM seats are fairly light without the rail. An aluminum L bracket of some sort that bolts the seat in place and has proper enough strength for safety is pretty easy to build. All it has to do, is be AS STRONG as the OEM rail, which I don't think is hard to acheive being it will be fixed and the OEM rail has to provide movement.

The fixed seat bracket is not a problem, the only road block we have is the following:

1.) Initial Design - need to design something that is light, minimal, cheap. These criterias also need to match the easy install. If the seat rails are fixed, it would be somewhat difficult to make it install easily.

2.) Adjustments - since most of you will be having different adjustments in the forward and back positions, how do I calibrate the custom position for each one of you, I prefer you guys to actually sit on the seats in your own car and then give me the measurements, then each bracket we fabricate would be custom made, perhaps this may be the reason why some vendors are not responding to the fixed mounting bracket demand.

I haven't even contemplated on this issue yet because we are finalizing the seat covers and awaiting them to be done so we can begin delivery soon. Don't want to take on too many new projects at once, I rather get my current obligations finished first. In the meanwhile just think about these points and see if you guys can come up with a clear solution, the fixed bracket should cost around $50-$75 each for Billet 6061 material.

The fixed seat bracket is not a problem, the only road block we have is the following:

1.) Initial Design - need to design something that is light, minimal, cheap. These criterias also need to match the easy install. If the seat rails are fixed, it would be somewhat difficult to make it install easily.

2.) Adjustments - since most of you will be having different adjustments in the forward and back positions, how do I calibrate the custom position for each one of you, I prefer you guys to actually sit on the seats in your own car and then give me the measurements, then each bracket we fabricate would be custom made, perhaps this may be the reason why some vendors are not responding to the fixed mounting bracket demand.

I haven't even contemplated on this issue yet because we are finalizing the seat covers and awaiting them to be done so we can begin delivery soon. Don't want to take on too many new projects at once, I rather get my current obligations finished first. In the meanwhile just think about these points and see if you guys can come up with a clear solution, the fixed bracket should cost around $50-$75 each for Billet 6061 material.

I have the LHS fix rail from 1st generation NSXR. I don't know if it would be useful for you design it for RHS.

Won't it be simpler to just have multiple, seat mounting holes for forward and back positions?

Well I can tell you one thing, the fixed bracket for the passenger side should simply position the seat all the way back, just slightly forward enough so that it doesn't "rub" on the back panel. Why would you need to have the passenger seat at any other position? Who's passenger seat sits forward? The passenger seat is very easy to make a bracket for. As for the driver's seat, multiple holes sounds like a great idea. Of course weight is a big thing here, I want to know how we can keep it light and from a safety standpoint as strong as the factory bracket. I think anyone investing this much money into seats should also invest in lightweight brackets since they weigh more than the seat itself.

Last edited:
Please try this out weight savings is alot if this can work. I really want a pair eitherway but with this it will be my next mod instead of 3rd from my mods list to do lol.

Well I can tell you one thing, the fixed bracket for the passenger side should simply position the seat all the way back, just slightly forward enough so that it doesn't "rub" on the back panel. Why would you need to have the passenger seat at any other position? Who's passenger seat sits forward? The passenger seat is very easy to make a bracket for. As for the driver's seat, multiple holes sounds like a great idea. Of course weight is a big thing here, I want to know how we can keep it light and from a safety standpoint as strong as the factory bracket. I think anyone investing this much money into seats should also invest in lightweight brackets since they weight more than the seat itself.

Last edited:
The only problem with fixes rails is how we tight the screws on the rear?!

i mean... we have 2 ways of doing it:

1 - Mount the rails on the seats and then thight them to the car
or
2 - Mount the rails on the car and then fix the seats onto the rails

The problem with the option number 1 is that we can't reach the floor holes behind the seat to tight the screws.

The problm with option number 2 is that we can't reach the screws on the console side to tight them...

so... any ideas on how to use fix rails?? i would love to know as i'm all into lightweight ;)

Nuno

I'd been wondering how that would work since he first started going on and on about. Probably comes from expecting someone to install it for him while he stands there:biggrin:

I'd been wondering how that would work since he first started going on and on about. Probably comes from expecting someone to install it for him while he stands there:biggrin:

Are you talking about me bitch? You ladies ever hear of something called an open-ended wrench? looks like this:

38-regular.jpg

eahaehaeh... try to use that open-ended wrench on your oem seat with it all they way to the rear... :wink:

eahaehaeh... try to use that open-ended wrench on your oem seat with it all they way to the rear... :wink:

Then how about this (it says metal after wood and stone):

gorillaglue.jpg

LOL... you mean no one has made a working fixed bracket for this car to date? I am sure something can be made that uses the OEM mount points? Aluminum and non-motorized.

Last edited:
I will try that glue.... it looks like it means business :tongue:

about a fix rail...man...the main thing is to deal with the rear bolts...so i figure that if we use some thread stick on the rear bolt holes so they stick a bit out of the floor and then some kind of pressure lever system to lock the rails to those sticks. That pressure lever would be activated from the front, under the seat... i'll try to do a drawing of it during the weekend... it's pretty clear on my head :wink:

Beat me to hit but my reply would have been "Hey dumbass try that with your seat all the way reclined":biggrin:

Without having to go and re-read this whole thread.....what is the status of these seats?

The options are kind of confusing to me.

Here is what I want:
look just like the OEM R seats in red fabric
would prefer power rails too since the weight difference is negligible.

How much and when?

Hi,

i tryed to do it using Corel Draw and i wasn't getting anywhere, so, tomorrow night i will do it with my hand and then take a photo and post here :tongue::tongue:

i think that it's doable

Nuno

I will try that glue.... it looks like it means business :tongue:

about a fix rail...man...the main thing is to deal with the rear bolts...so i figure that if we use some thread stick on the rear bolt holes so they stick a bit out of the floor and then some kind of pressure lever system to lock the rails to those sticks. That pressure lever would be activated from the front, under the seat... i'll try to do a drawing of it during the weekend... it's pretty clear on my head :wink:

Having taken the passenger seat off when I had my NSX-R several times I can tell you that the rail bolts are not hard to access. There is enough room to get a socket with an extension there. Nothing magical!

Hi,

:eek::eek: really?? the rear ones with the seat full back (without touching the rear trim) ?!?!

man...that woudl be awesome and would also simplify the prototype of a fixed rail...

the driver require a little more thinking because we are not all the same height, so, different positions would be needed (like slots on some brand rails).

Nuno

Having taken the passenger seat off when I had my NSX-R several times I can tell you that the rail bolts are not hard to access. There is enough room to get a socket with an extension there. Nothing magical!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back