• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DF Type R Seats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Vu,

in these latst photo's, which runners are shown please? The original proposed ones or the latest ones that have been developed?

regards,

hi guys,

i just wanted to introduce myself as i just got started here at downforce. my name is vu and ill be participating on the forums to help you guys with anything downforce related. here are a couple progress pictures of the df-r seats. the covers are a little loose and wrinkled; we were just test fitting the covers and didnt fully stretch it over the shell and clamp the wire together. ill post more pictures once we get more updates. also, here is a macro shot of the fabric options we are offering at the moment. :smile:

Is this the Mugen Scarlet Red that Jeff ( Vroom ) mentioned?

From the pictures, that does appear to be the Mugen Scarlet Red.

Really ..wow that with perforated red leather he was showing would be EPIC:eek:

Hi Vu,

in these latst photo's, which runners are shown please? The original proposed ones or the latest ones that have been developed?

regards,

hi senninha,

the brackets/sliders shown in the photos are vance's original nsx-r brackets/sliders. we will be offering a bracket/slider that pretty much looks identical to it and science of speed will be offering a bracket/slider but im not sure about the design, ill let you know once i find out or maybe they can chime in.

the site does not seem to have the Type-S configuration of leather side and perforated alcantara inserts. Any update with this configuration?

Also, is there a difference in availability betweent the OEM Type-R power rail and the DF power rail?

s2ktaxi -

did you want type-s configuration? what color did you want? the oem type r rail is from honda and our rails are nsx rails.

We received one of the production seat shells today for test fitting to our rails. The shell is very nice. Kevlar outer layer, carbon inner layer, vacuum bagged, with OE style fasteners. Good work DF. A BIG plus that people seem to overlook with this seat is the provisions for the factory seat belts. One of the primary reason Recaro had to make a special seat just for Honda is the requirement of the factory 3 point seat belt. This seat has kick outs for the belts and an enlarged mouth for the receiver. You will not find these features on any other Recaro shell in the US and I personally have not seen this on any other seats from other manufactures as well.

-- Chris

If anyone got his seats in black alcantara like a NSX-R seat please post detailled pics. Thanks.

hi guys,

just wanted to give you all an update on the df-r seats. here is our first article (shell, foam, and seat covers), there are minor adjustments that need to be made but it is close to completion. for those of you who have put a deposit down, we are working on your covers (shells are already made). once those are done, we will install them on the shells and ship the seats out to you. once we assemble the seats in black, ivory, etc. ill snap some photos and post them on here. enjoy!

seaturlfront.jpg

seaturlside.jpg

seaturlback.jpg

and a couple macro shots showing some details

seaturl01.jpg

seaturl03.jpg

seaturl04.jpg

Last edited:
Saw these in person and they are gorgeous. I'm dying for a set myself. Having sat in the Spoon NSX-R GT's OEM NSX-R seats. These DF seats are top notch.

Billy

Doesn't the real red thing have a darker fabric (some kind of wine-red) on the sidebolsters than the cushions?

Doesn't the real red thing have a darker fabric (some kind of wine-red) on the sidebolsters than the cushions?

I think those are the Mugen scarlett red.

Hey DF is there enough of that red left or all spoken for?

what I was told was, there all out of them, unless they get a big enough order to have the factory do a run on a couple of roll.

a couple more photos of the downforce df-r seats in black w/ preforated centers and ivory alcantara; and a shot of the seats weight.

Attachments

• seatblackfront.jpg
    seatblackfront.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 434
  • seatblackside.jpg
    seatblackside.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 423
  • seativoryfront.jpg
    seativoryfront.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 471
  • seativoryside.jpg
    seativoryside.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 444
  • weight01.jpg
    weight01.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 526
  • weight02.jpg
    weight02.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 442
Man those Ivory are gorgeous.

How many yards of fabric does it take for each seat?

These are the seats for RH and WT, as for CL they are currently working on your Black Leather. Also there is HO, I will find out on that blue and see if has arrived from the tannery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back