• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DF Type R Seats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt, its a 23-25 pound difference!!! That's negligible to you?

Where did you get this figure? I read this below earlier in the thread.

Our complete seat is 9.5 lbs - 10.5 lbs (depending on fabric).
Our converted OEM power seat rails are 14.8 lbs.
SOS manual rails are advertised at 14.2 lbs.

I have the LHS fix rail from 1st generation NSXR. I don't know if it would be useful for you design it for RHS.

Peter I think you should take him up on this. This is a huge help.

Hi,

:eek::eek: really?? the rear ones with the seat full back (without touching the rear trim) ?!?!

man...that woudl be awesome and would also simplify the prototype of a fixed rail...

the driver require a little more thinking because we are not all the same height, so, different positions would be needed (like slots on some brand rails).

Nuno

Nuno the passenger seat is not position all the way back when using teh fixed rails. My passengers never complained. :)

Hi,

ehhehe... i believe you...but probably they were numb just to be in a NSX-R :biggrin::biggrin:

with me being the driver, the driver seat will be far from the rear most position.... which help me fixing down the rails the traditional way (bolts)

Nuno

Nuno the passenger seat is not position all the way back when using teh fixed rails. My passengers never complained. :)

Hi,

ehhehe... i believe you...but probably they were numb just to be in a NSX-R :biggrin::biggrin:

with me being the driver, the driver seat will be far from the rear most position.... which help me fixing down the rails the traditional way (bolts)

Nuno

I'm 6'2" and have really long legs and I still don't put my driver's all the way back.

Yeah but you drive gay:rolleyes:

I'm going to let this go since this is not your or my personal thread but DF's, about seats. You'll have it coming to you in other threads.

On a more relavent note, Peter will I be able to buy extra seat material in case I decide to match the steering wheel/ebrake with the same fabric? I am very interested in a set of this as soon as I know if we can do anything with the brackets.

EK4 - Hi I used to have the NA1R seat rails also and it is something I can't make. This would need to be made by a company that is already making seat rails.

lutera - Yes that would be the easiest, the truth is my concentration is getting the covers finished up very soon. So I can make delivery to the first in line guys that already paid.

Matt_337 - The seats are simply waiting for the covers to be made. We have a couple of seats done already. We actually started making them since last week after being notified that it easily held against the 20g impact test. I expect to start delivery in about 1 month once the covers are shipped to me.

TURBO2GO - David I can get extra material without a problem. I think I found a seat rail solution and it might be adjustable as well. I just need to make sure it is still lightweight and cheap.

Cool. Cant wait to know the solution. I am waiting on buying new seats and finishng my interior till I hear more about the solution.

TURBO2GO - David I can get extra material without a problem. I think I found a seat rail solution and it might be adjustable as well. I just need to make sure it is still lightweight and cheap.

hi guys --

We are in final development of our generation 2 rails that will fit these and other aftermarket seats. We expect them to be available around the time that the seat is available.

We have played around with fixed position rails in the past, however, in our experience, even on the passenger side, they are very beneficial, even if it is just for assembly sake.

Even the same driver in different conditions (such as street vs. track use) will want the seat positioned slightly different front to back making the sliding design very beneficial.

regards,
-- Chris

s2ktaxi - yes that will be available.

Hi guys here's the cover update.

So far I am confirmed to have the following.

Fake Suede - Black, Gray, Beige, Ivory (but no perforations yet, we are sourcing)
Leather - Black and Ivory (with or without perforations available)

So what we are sourcing is the red leather and red fake suede. Also the mesh air cloth for those that want cloth covers.

We will be contacting those that prepaid and get theirs out ASAP. Thank you.

How about the Charcoal P302 from
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1211493&postcount=6

s2ktaxi - yes that will be available.

Hi guys here's the cover update.

So far I am confirmed to have the following.

Fake Suede - Black, Gray, Beige, Ivory (but no perforations yet, we are sourcing)
Leather - Black and Ivory (with or without perforations available)

So what we are sourcing is the red leather and red fake suede. Also the mesh air cloth for those that want cloth covers.

We will be contacting those that prepaid and get theirs out ASAP. Thank you.

I have been working with Downforce to get them Alcantara for the seats. They will have material shortly for testing/fitting including the Mugen Scarlet Red. Because of the rarity of the material, it may be difficult to offer all color choices. We should have quite a few to chose from however.

Jeff

Jeff,

I have some cloth that will look good next to the alcantara. Similar the the NSX-R material. I'll post pictures soon and next to the black GRT style microperforation i purchased from you before.

Know it's a work in progress but it would be really helpful if a drawing showing the critical mounting dimensions may be posted.

For example: bolt center of the 2 different patterns (OEM vs Recaro) and the outside to outside measurement of the seat base (where the inside surface of side mount rails would be).

Finally, despite colors being difficult to photograph accurately, a swatch collection showing the color palette would also help.

--
George

So have I got this right please ...

Carbon/kevlar shell (OEM appearance) $900
Cushion, OEM buckles $155
Fabric (Black leather with small Red Recaro logo as OEM) $400

Sub total $ 1455 = $2910 for one pair of seats plus runners plus shipping.

Q: is it possible to replicate the leather / alcantara Type S cover in black/black? I would want the small red Red Recaro logo as well please. See attached photo

regards, Paul

Hi Chris,

A small nudge to see if you will be offerring this combo .... there were a few other interested owners throughout the full thread so far. And if you can, would you be able to provide additional fabris to retrim the door inserts with the same alcantara?

And have you a price for the runners with/without power please?

regards, Paul

Does anyone have a pic of ivory leather installed??? I'd be interested in seeing a set done up.

hi guys,

i just wanted to introduce myself as i just got started here at downforce. my name is vu and ill be participating on the forums to help you guys with anything downforce related. here are a couple progress pictures of the df-r seats. the covers are a little loose and wrinkled; we were just test fitting the covers and didnt fully stretch it over the shell and clamp the wire together. ill post more pictures once we get more updates. also, here is a macro shot of the fabric options we are offering at the moment. :smile:

Attachments

• seat01.jpg
    seat01.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 422
  • seat02.jpg
    seat02.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 399
  • seat03.jpg
    seat03.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 402
  • seat04.jpg
    seat04.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 538
  • fabric01.jpg
    fabric01.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 409
hi guys,

i just wanted to introduce myself as i just got started here at downforce. my name is vu and ill be participating on the forums to help you guys with anything downforce related. here are a couple progress pictures of the df-r seats. the covers are a little loose and wrinkled; we were just test fitting the covers and didnt fully stretch it over the shell and clamp the wire together. ill post more pictures once we get more updates. also, here is a macro shot of the fabric options we are offering at the moment. :smile:

Can you answer my question of if there's any photos of an ivory seat completed?

Can you answer my question of if there's any photos of an ivory seat completed?

sorry comquat1, these are the only photos we have at the moment. we do not have any orders for the ivory option but once we do ill take and post some photos up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back