• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

dreams do come true

I finally bought my first NSX (98 blk/blk 6spd.targa) this past weekend, and it's everything I ever thought and dreamed it would be. I've wanted one every since I first saw it in Motor Trend magazine. I'm looking forward to being a part of this community and I would appreciate any advise from all of you in regards to you experinces owning the car. This is also my first real sports car. I'm interested in low tech modifications. Nothing like blowers and turbos, more like wheels, lights, sound systems, and cosmetic stuff; and what do you think about some sort of guard for the radiator? It's so exposed!? Thanks for the help, I'm really looking forward to being a part of this.

Welcome to the forum, and to ownership of a great car. :biggrin:

I recommend reading the FAQ section, located in the floating menu bar near the top of the screen. You'll find hours of informative reading in there.

Welcome to the crew!! I know how excited I was when I bought mine just a few months ago. If you're just wondering how to go about doing something, use the search drop-down on the tool bar above, or access the FAQ section. If you're looking for minor alterations to do, I can give you a few, and others can chime in.

1. LED markers and interior lights - a very cheap and easy install.
2. Cantrell Intake & other moderate mods - check out scienceofspeed.com, Chris has been more than helpful to a lot of us.
3. For rims - check out "rpmotorsports" here on prime. He knows what will fit. PAINT THE CALIPERS!!!!!
4. For CCU or Bose repair, look up "briank"
5. Make sure all the regular maintenance has been done :rolleyes:

Just the first few experiences that popped into my mind. I'm sure other members can give you more ideas. Again, welcome to the club!

Joe

ebenson said:
I finally bought my first NSX (98 blk/blk 6spd.targa) this past weekend, and it's everything I ever thought and dreamed it would be. I've wanted one every since I first saw it in Motor Trend magazine. I'm looking forward to being a part of this community and I would appreciate any advise from all of you in regards to you experinces owning the car. This is also my first real sports car. I'm interested in low tech modifications. Nothing like blowers and turbos, more like wheels, lights, sound systems, and cosmetic stuff; and what do you think about some sort of guard for the radiator? It's so exposed!? Thanks for the help, I'm really looking forward to being a part of this.

hey we are neighbors haha. where abouts in SC do you live?

Welcome to NSX ownership. I would recommend you check out the stereo and multimedia section of the forum for stereo advice. The NSX needs quite a bit of specialized equipment to accomdote stereo modifications. The resident expert for such matters is D'Ecosse.

I'll be there, looking forward to it.

supra2nv said:
hey we are neighbors haha. where abouts in SC do you live?

I live in Plum Canyon. Go down Boquet Rd. past Best Buy and hang a right on Plum Canyon Rd. Hopefully you'll be at Panera Bread later today and we can introduce ourselves. I've only seen a few NSX's here in the Santa Clarita Valley, nice to know at least one of the owners is on NSX Prime.

Back