• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Engine removal

Thanks alot shawn, In the video all 6 was firing and no issues, now only 5 is firing and we almost ruled out it is the igniter unit. :confused:

I am having issues with mine grounding so sunday I am gonna remove all grounds to the engine and sand down the contacts and hope it fixes the issue, other than that I dont have time to trouble shoot the damn thing,

will be taking it to the dealer and PAY them to find the stupid error LOL

I had a similar missfire, it was intermittent. It was on number 1 cylinder. Turned out to be a sticking/clogging fuel injector. I had tried the igniter, coilpacks, etc... all the typical stuff first. For me it was always on the same cylinder....

change out spark plug and swap injectors around see what happen. Sometime brand new spark plugs that doesnt mean theyre all good. Hope u can find the problem

I am having issues with mine grounding so sunday I am gonna remove all grounds to the engine and sand down the contacts and hope it fixes the issue, other than that I dont have time to trouble shoot the damn thing,

will be taking it to the dealer and PAY them to find the stupid error LOL

I thought the same thing and heard that also from Matt and John so we fixed all the grounds and even added a pretty beefy ground to the engine and same thing...:confused:

I had a similar missfire, it was intermittent. It was on number 1 cylinder. Turned out to be a sticking/clogging fuel injector. I had tried the igniter, coilpacks, etc... all the typical stuff first. For me it was always on the same cylinder....

I thought it could have been the same thing, but the cylinder is just getting fuel but no creating combustion so its getting wet. We did a flow test on the injectors and it was working perfectly fine so that was also ruled out. We swap coil pack from cylinder 5 and 6 and the cylinder 5 is still down. Dont really know what it could be... :confused:

change out spark plug and swap injectors around see what happen. Sometime brand new spark plugs that doesnt mean theyre all good. Hope u can find the problem

We also thought it could be the plugs, we crank the engine with the injectors off and the spark plugs out of the hole and we get spark on cylinder 5. Its just once in a while there is no spark on any cylinders and the car does not start up at all. :frown: I know it has to do something with the electrical/firing unit of the car because even though its on 5 cylinder it can start up but sometimes it will just die by itself.

Last edited:
We also thought it could be the plugs, we crank the engine with the injectors off and the spark plugs out of the hole and we get spark on cylinder 5. Its just once in a while there is no spark on any cylinders and the car does not start up at all. :frown: I know it has to do something with the electrical/firing unit of the car because even though its on 5 cylinder it can start up but sometimes it will just die by itself.

replace the coils... :)

When you say ECU was the cause, can you give more details?

The weird thing was that there was no combution in cylinder 5 so we tried to stick in the stock ecu, and then we put back the aem ems and just started a new map and it all worked... It was really weird but that seem to fix the problem.

http://vimeo.com/26463578

Here you go! So excited after almost 2 years! Just initial heat cycle and changed the oil. Waiting for the exhaust still then tune. The throttle response was awesome the video doesn't do the car justice at all... :biggrin:

:eek::eek::eek:

glad you figured out your issue

can't wait to see a tuned dyno video!!

also, did your exhaust ever come in??

car made 340 whp I dont know the exact torque number I think its about 250 or so not sure. Thats not the final number since we are on low timing until I drive the car around for a week or so. He is hoping for 350whp when we make some power pulls. :biggrin: not bad for a 3.2L I guess!

Great!

With your high static 12:1 CR, what fuel are you using? I haven't calculated your dynamic CR, but assume it's reasonable with the aggressive cams.

I'm torn between ordering 10.5:1 pistons or 12:1's. I keep bouncing back and forth between a mild turbo (450WHP) or trying to get to ~330WHP on a 3.0L with ITB's and E85.

Thanks!

Dave

Great!

With your high static 12:1 CR, what fuel are you using? I haven't calculated your dynamic CR, but assume it's reasonable with the aggressive cams.

I'm torn between ordering 10.5:1 pistons or 12:1's. I keep bouncing back and forth between a mild turbo (450WHP) or trying to get to ~330WHP on a 3.0L with ITB's and E85.

Thanks!

Dave

Dave,
I am using pump gas 92 right now. 330 on a 3.0 is no problem with e85. With e85 you can run 13:1 or even 13.5:1 all day. That and a good set of heads and cams will put out 330. ITB was alot of work tuning though. Syncing the itbs and getting the car to idle fine was a pain. Once you get it done though it is totally worth it.

Tuan

Holy crap! How on earth did I miss this thread?! Congrats on the build and for doing this almost entirely DIY. Awesome feat.

Love reading these types of threads. Congrats again, Tuan. :thumbup:

car made 340 whp I dont know the exact torque number I think its about 250 or so not sure. Thats not the final number since we are on low timing until I drive the car around for a week or so. He is hoping for 350whp when we make some power pulls. :biggrin: not bad for a 3.2L I guess!

Hey Tuan,

You've got to be happy with 340 whp on the first try.

Keep up the good work,

Matt

Thanks,
Shawn, Dave, Matt, Dan! It is good to finally be driving again. Man Drove all day today even though it is burning hot here! Time for a good detail job! I hope to get some videos soon! Dan I owe you a ride still man!

Tuan

Back