• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Exhaust....Best Sound & Performance?

Originally posted by ChopsJazz:
I'm a little confused about the rwhp numbers posted. My '91 with CT headers and CT exhaust makes 271 rwhp. And those are my only engine mods!

It's not obvious whether those numbers are a Comptech, Anytime, or some other exhaust. It doesn't much matter. Clearly, in spite of the copious amounts of FUD that's been shovelled here from time to time, an exhaust has a definite effect on HP.

------------------
Russ
'91 black/black

NSXes vary tremendously from one to another, so it is not very helpful to compare one to another.

Dynos are most effective when used as a tool to compare relative modifications on the same car.

John's comparison of the same car on the same dyno would be an effective use of a dyno.

Tino (bboxer), why do you question these results? While it is on the higher end, I see no reason to question Borla's findings, and no supportive evidence why these gains could not be possible.

Regards,
-- Chris

------------------
Revolutionize your NSX with ScienceofSpeed

www.ScienceofSpeed.com | [email protected] | 877-863-4520

Originally posted by Viper Driver:
I'll second what Hrant says about the Cantrell Concepts AIS. I put one on my '91 last week and I must say that the sound is SWEET.

What's involved with installing the AIS? Also, do any holes have to be drilled in the car?

------------------
Russ
'91 black/black

No holes required. The AIS uses the factory mounting locations. It takes about 15-30 minutes to install. Steps are basicly:

1. jack up left side
2. remove wheel
3. unsnap front fender liner
4. unbolt old intake plumbing
5. bolt in AIS
6. put things back, enjoy\

Originally posted by Russ:
What's involved with installing the AIS? Also, do any holes have to be drilled in the car?

Originally posted by 5inchfatlip:
Does anyone have a pic of the Tubi installed??? I have never seen it on one...

SEE & HEAR THE TUBI at AKIRA3D's posting on page 2 of this thread http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002750-2.html , which has the following clip
Windows Media Video clip (995KB) The car is Bboxer's.

(Administrators: It certainly would be nice to put these clips in the exhaust section of the FAQ, because there continue to be so many requests. No, I'm not a dealer, just an owner...)

------------------
NSXY
95 NSX-T, 5 sp, Red/Tan, Tubi exhaust, Dali street anti-sway bars, Dunlop SP9000s

Originally posted by TampaBayNSX-R:
Do any of those already running the Tubi exhaust have a sound clip to share? I'd like to hear a sample. I'm interested in the Tubi group purchase. What information is available regarding the timeframe for this order? Who is organizing this? Thanks in advance.
SEE & HEAR THE TUBI at AKIRA3D's posting on page 2 of this thread http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002750-2.html , which has the following clip
Windows Media Video clip (995KB) The car is Bboxer's.

(Administrators: It certainly would be nice to put these clips in the exhaust section of the FAQ, because there continue to be so many requests. No, I'm not a dealer, just an owner...)

------------------
NSXY
95 NSX-T, 5 sp, Red/Tan, Tubi exhaust, Dali street anti-sway bars, Dunlop SP9000s

Originally posted by ANYTIME:
WHOA! Here are some dyno plots that will surprise you!
HP Plot
Torque Plot
John, these are pretty impressive. Were they the SAME car tested, or different cars?

Note that the EXHAUST article quoted in the FAQ from overboost.com is by no means gospel truth. IMO its yet another self-proclaimed know-it-all (SPKIT) writing some reasonably plausible stuff.

Originally posted by Russ:
Clearly, in spite of the copious amounts of FUD that's been shovelled here from time to time, an exhaust has a definite effect on HP.
Clearly.
Here are some hp #s from Comptech

Here are some numbers from a 2000 NSX.
RPM stock cat-back headers
3000 114 112 130
4000 160 158 171
5000 201 198 211
6000 240 246 257
7000 265 274 288
7800 258 271 289

You can see that the engine doesn't really like just the cat-back exhaust below about 5000 rpm. Using both headers and cat-back is an excellent combination.

see post at Comptech Forums

Back