• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fast and Furious 6 - Thoughts (Spoiler Alert)

That blue also appears parked on the street just before they zoom in to lettys funeral in fast 5

Is it the blue nsx in this pic? Found this pic on another thread posted by Oki-Boy

tapatalk_1369753649231_zps90aef017.jpg

I thought Ludacris in fast two had a Louis Vuitton themed nsx at his shop.
Back to the movie. I did enjoy how the begining scene's they showed all the parts tieing the movies together and at the end found out why drift was missing.
It will be interesting to see Fast 7 or Tokyo Drift 2 or whatever they call it.
To try to answer some of Teej's questions, maybe after his girl died on the runway he became distraut and went to Tokyo and just blew all his money or just wanted to stay low key and ended working for the mob to keep himself from being found. Who knows. Just have to wait until next year to see

Just watched it over the weekend with the lady. Mindless fun if you can get over how completely over the top unrealistic it was. Granted, this is one of those movies where you have to suspend belief, but this movie was just short of turning off gravity. Some things I took away from the movie:

1) The Rock will jump from any moving object, from any height, at any time, with complete reckless abandon and without hesitation or any regard for his own life or safety.
2) Military bases apparently have airplane runways as long as the Nurburgring Track or roughly 12.8 miles.
3) A purpose built, open wheeled, Formula 1 style race car, apparently can't outrun a production sedan or military SUV.
4) It is possible to flip a 130,000 lbs tank with a 3,500 lbs car.
5) A man who killed countless people on a highway with a tank (some of whom may have been kids or babies) is allowed to walk away free (with a WMD, by the way) when he threatens to kill the wife and kid of a major character.

You not only have to suspend belief, you need to dress it up in a gimp suit and smack it around silly with some whips and chains. Having said that, it was entertaining.

I thought Ludacris in fast two had a Louis Vuitton themed nsx at his shop.
Back to the movie. I did enjoy how the begining scene's they showed all the parts tieing the movies together and at the end found out why drift was missing.
It will be interesting to see Fast 7 or Tokyo Drift 2 or whatever they call it.
To try to answer some of Teej's questions, maybe after his girl died on the runway he became distraut and went to Tokyo and just blew all his money or just wanted to stay low key and ended working for the mob to keep himself from being found. Who knows. Just have to wait until next year to see

I think fast 7 will start in Tokyo but don't think the whole movie will be based there. Since the crowd is back at Torreto's place I think it'll come back to California.

Just watched it over the weekend with the lady. Mindless fun if you can get over how completely over the top unrealistic it was. Granted, this is one of those movies where you have to suspend belief, but this movie was just short of turning off gravity. Some things I took away from the movie:

1) The Rock will jump from any moving object, from any height, at any time, with complete reckless abandon and without hesitation or any regard for his own life or safety.
2) Military bases apparently have airplane runways as long as the Nurburgring Track or roughly 12.8 miles.
3) A purpose built, open wheeled, Formula 1 style race car, apparently can't outrun a production sedan or military SUV.
5) A man who killed countless people on a highway with a tank (some of whom may have been kids or babies) is allowed to walk away free (with a WMD, by the way) when he threatens to kill the wife and kid of a major character.

You not only have to suspend belief, you need to dress it up in a gimp suit and smack it around silly with some whips and chains. Having said that, it was entertaining.

Lol it was definitely over the top but exactly what u expected after seeing the previews. I enjoyed it way more than Iron Man 3 that I saw the week before that's for sure.

Tell us how you really feel!

I thought it was entertaining. 2 hours devoid of actual thought, but entertaining. As I said in BD's thread, it was an unrealistic version of the 80s A-team.

Back