• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ford gt & nsx

This is an aside from a few other threads...
I'm looking for first-hand experience owning a Ford GT.
I like the looks of the GT and wonder if it is as reliable as the NSX.

It looks like there are at least two GT/NSX owners here...
The maintenance/repairs of the other exotics (Ferrari, Lambo, etc...) concern me.
Plus, since I have a Pantera...I kinda have the Ford thing going...

The GT appears to be near as reliable as the NSX.

A few hiccups in first run production (speedy-sleeve and control arms) akin to the snap ring in the NSX.

Regular maintenance is VERY light and can be performed (at a relative low cost) by many Ford dealers or independents.

Extremely strong internals with up to 1000 hp running with stock block.

Smashing good looks, IMHO, and low production run have helped keep prices at or above original MSRP.

The car does have its downsides, mainly its HUGE and the cockpit is about 10% as welcoming as an NSX in terms of visibility and function.

Two VERY different cars but both very enjoyable.

Last edited:
Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear has had a lot of problems with his Ford GT.

No where near as reliable as the NSX.

Funny he complains consistently about the AFTERMARKET alarm he put on it!

Last edited:
there's two ford gt's within 3 houses on my street, and both owner say car very stout and reliable.

Osugrad, what's your handle on fordgtforum.com?

Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear has had a lot of problems with his Ford GT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj-t4rM9zu8

No where near as reliable as the NSX.

from what I remember he was complaining about the alarm system which was a UK only, add on by a third party

and it's fine if the car isn't as reliable as Camry, so long as it doesn't break down so often as say an old Fiat

Im surprised people have to say that this car is reliable. FORD Fix Or Repair Daily.:biggrin: I had a 89 ford mustang GT and wow did that thing break like no other. Maybe ford tried harder on this car.

The Ford GT is one of the few cars that I continue to drool over. However, after Jeremy bought his, there was one show where they talked about how difficult it is to get in and out of (when parked next to another car in a garage or parking lot) because of the way the doors go into the roof. You have to be able to swing the door quite far open before you can easily get into it. In my garage, I barely have enough room to get out of the NSX .. I'd never be able to get out of the GT. And if anyone parked next to you in a parking garage or lot, you'd never get in until they left.

The Ford GT is one of the few cars that I continue to drool over. However, after Jeremy bought his, there was one show where they talked about how difficult it is to get in and out of (when parked next to another car in a garage or parking lot) because of the way the doors go into the roof. You have to be able to swing the door quite far open before you can easily get into it. In my garage, I barely have enough room to get out of the NSX .. I'd never be able to get out of the GT. And if anyone parked next to you in a parking garage or lot, you'd never get in until they left.

Absolutely true.

I definitely like how the Ford GT looks...

267081104_dCKDj-L.jpg

I definitely like how the Ford GT looks...

267081104_dCKDj-L.jpg

And in the color I want! I have a 1/12 scale of that in my office near the 1/18 scale black NSX.

I drove one before I bought my Gallardo, ergonomics are not good, I hit my head on the headliner,I would have to lower the seat a lot in order to fit, and forget about a helmet for the track...other than that I think its a good car...they have held their value well...

Back