• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

former NSXers on SPEED tonight

All,

I'll be on the SPEED Channel's "R U Faster than a Redneck" in the Lambo tonight. The episode (Called Kenny's Driving School) airs at 9:30. (Episode 2 airs at 9pm)

During the filming last April at CMP, I found out that the other import driver, Twinkie, also owned an NSX! Sadly, we have both sold our NSXs since the show aired. I had mine for 13 years.

I do look forward to seeing everyone at VIR for NSXPO in October.

All,

I'll be on the SPEED Channel's "R U Faster than a Redneck" in the Lambo tonight. The episode (Called Kenny's Driving School) airs at 9:30. (Episode 2 airs at 9pm)

During the filming last April at CMP, I found out that the other import driver, Twinkie, also owned an NSX! Sadly, we have both sold our NSXs since the show aired. I had mine for 13 years.

I do look forward to seeing everyone at VIR for NSXPO in October.

I think I know a "Twinkie" from Charlotte Cars and Coffee...but I thought he had a BMW 850i???

lol I was flipping through and stopped on that show...I figured it would be the F&F crowd vs the moonshiners...but then I saw the gallardo.....lol Kenny Wallace in a tube fram race car on massive tires with 700hp..but you did well, just followed him around,trying not to get silly and bend your car.What are the specifics of your car? stock? year..ect...what do you get for being on the show...ie consolation prize?

lol I was flipping through and stopped on that show...I figured it would be the F&F crowd vs the moonshiners...but then I saw the gallardo.....lol Kenny Wallace in a tube fram race car on massive tires with 700hp..but you did well, just followed him around,trying not to get silly and bend your car.What are the specifics of your car? stock? year..ect...what do you get for being on the show...ie consolation prize?

Doc- that Screaming Chicken cost $150k + google "year one bandit" for more info. It's pretty impressive. My Gallardo is all stock except for upgraded pads. And I assure you those pads did not push the price up to $250k as they said on the show! :) I bought it used and paid about half the original MSRP- which was not even near $200k in 2004.

My prize money? a few free laps on the track, some catered meals, free motel and a tank of gas. I doubt prize money will ever actually be awarded as they only pay it out if they "make a profit". Wanna bet the Producer pays himself a big bonus to wipe out any profit?

Notice whatever car has the inside track has a HUGE advantage. at least my car did not get hit (watch later episodes....) All in all it was a blast and I had the chance to go toe-to-toe against a NASCAR driver in a great car. Jon Reep and Ken Squier were both great guys.

Hope to see you at VIR for NSXPO.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL- I just remembered Twinkie told me he did a straight trade of his NSX for.... A new Challenger. Let the flames begin.. He is from Myrtle Beach, SC, so it's not impossible he was at CnC in Charlotte. I hope to have the Gallardo there sometime, BTW, in the fall.

and the host of the show, Jon Reep, was a winner on "Last Comic Standing." But he is probably better known as the guy in the tv ad who leans out the window and says, "That thing got a Hemi?"

Last edited:
hahahaha thanks for the info....reality TV is changing lives! I thought I had heard or seen that guy before....I hope to see you at VIR.

Dang I know Twinkie very well . he comes to charleston all the time.. He had two nsx. He is a big BMW guy. Wonder why he bought the challenger

Saw both episodes tonight. How come none of the Rednecks can drive worth a crap? They kept locking up the brakes, overshooting turns, their lines sucked. Point and shoot driving at it's finest (or worse). Those muscle cars are probably built pretty well for the road course, but they sure can't drive them.

I know there are plenty of Rednecks who can drive, NASA is full of them - American Iron Series.

If it wasn't for the extremely high hp engines in the redneck mobiles, it wouldn't even be a contest. I think this is more TV than it is "reality". Entertaining for an episode or two - a full season? Probably not, at least IMO.

Last edited:
Totally agree. The producers hold the cards and you can bet it's not going to be a fair fight. Particularly for the $10,000 race. A 2000 BMW 325Ci is their "tuner" opposition car? Really? And the dude even managed to win a race! Albeit against what appeared to be a drunk driver from the redneck team. I'd like to see 1K2GO (Building a $50K track tool to beat $500K track tools) against any of these guys (Kenny Wallace and his race ready car included). Luckily for the producers, they are/were doing this on the east coast. Like others have said, interesting premise but a bit of a joke.

i think the producers figured it would be more entertaining if the rednecks win.we had a fun gathering at a sports bar to cheer on howard (dcnsx)

1K2GO would get his ass handed to him by the "Super Chicken" and Kenny Wallace.
I've chased my fair share of rednecks, mostly at Infineon when Nascar is testing for the Sonoma 200. On fresh rubber my car is a pretty even match at Infineon. I was pacing a Nascar for several laps during a Shelby club event when his motor let go and he dropped all his fluids right in front of me as I was chasing him into T2. He ended up in the kitty litter and I needed to change my diaper...:eek:

I have seen a couple of these episodes and am quickly becoming annoyed with the show. I was expecting that they would pair two cars together that were semi-equal in performance and see who was the better driver, but so far that has not been the case. For example, I watched one show where they paired up a basically stock Subaru STI with a 600whp old muscle car modified for the track.

The Lamborghini just died in thAt First race. It did not go into limp mode as the host said. Has never done that before or since.

i think the producers figured it would be more entertaining if the rednecks win.we had a fun gathering at a sports bar to cheer on howard (dcnsx)

This is essentially what happened, I had a friend that subjected himself to that crappy episode.

Glad to see some NSXPO/VIR chatter in here, look forward to seeing you guys there.

Back