• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

TV Show My Ride Rules - My Car is Busy this Year!

Clayton the lady with the red pick up was a pistol. She was a sweetheart and she absolutely loved driving all of our cars. She said she knew she would probably lose but she ended up winning by enjoying everyones ride.

What a great, upbeat & positive attitude. :)

The Ultima GTR guy (Jim) was a great guy, just quiet. Although he said "Bottom line, its a Honda" the producers told him to say that. They (producers) actually already have it in the brain which car will probably win. They are partial to American/older vehicles as you can tell from the past episodes.

They TOLD him to say that?!? If he was told to say it, he should have done so with a Honda-positive emphasis! :D

"Bottom line...it's a HONDA!"

RIGGED! I totally thought you had the win...but then I figured since Tim owned a body shop that he probably put together a top-notch finished rod...and he only got you by 2 points.

Tim with the black 1934 Rat Rod was really nice and clean. There wasnt much I could say about how it was put together but it didn't drive worth a s*@t. I couldn't see out of it, there was an exhaust leak that lead back into the car making me dizzy and overall the car couldn't go over 50 mph; with that being said, it was a great car he built by hand...especially considering it is 80 years old.

So why again did he win?

I ended up watching the next episode right after yours was on. They pitted:

a stock red Corvette convertible -

some '32 Ford high boy sedan thingy -

a NICE supped-up BMW M5 -

& a '70 VW Beetle half converted into a baja buggy looking thing.

I have no idea how the STOCK Corvette made it on the show (it only had an aftermarket exhaust & some custom wheels)...the others ever said, "Corvettes are ALL over the place...what's so special about it...they're a dime a dozen".

...and then she WON with this stock Corvette. ???

Maybe she spent some time on the producers "casting couch"? :D

Overall, glad to see your NSX on the show...but I probably will never watch the show ever again.

Last edited:
Here are so photos from the episode

575x4593.jpg

575x4594.jpg

575x459.jpg

575x4591.jpg

575x4592.jpg

575x4595.jpg

575x4596.jpg

575x4597.jpg

575x45910.jpg

Cody @ LoveFab came up with that name when he and Tab had to drive my car and their butts were hurting when they got out.

so if anyone gets caught midtown, it is going to be Cody!

Subscribed to Dish Network's Top 200 just to watch this show. $15 more per month for the Speed channel?!?
I really enjoyed the show. There were so many Chevy vs Ford digs that I didn't notice the Honda comment.

Alex, you nailed it with a great appearance. I don't mean that you looked hot (not that there is anything wrong with that- right Neal?) but you came across as an engaging fellow and not a DB. So you represented us very well.

I completely agree - I was very impressed on how well you represented yourself and the NSX community. :)

Subscribed to Dish Network's Top 200 just to watch this show. $15 more per month for the Speed channel?!?
I really enjoyed the show. There were so many Chevy vs Ford digs that I didn't notice the Honda comment.

You paid an extra $15 a month for me? Opps, I mean the NSX:tongue: Thank you. I hope I didn't disappoint!

I completely agree - I was very impressed on how well you represented yourself and the NSX community. :)

Thank you. I had to do it for the silver NSXs :wink:

I met up with Clayton and Jim today at this mornings local Octane and Coffee.

472993_3957707945933_1377288638_33643969_1634539070_o.jpg

A reminder for those who didnt see the show last week, it will re-air tonight 10:30PM EST on the Speed Channel.

I might have a link to the show with in a few weeks.

Thanks again for the support

Thanks for the reminder! I missed this the first time, but I'm going to watch it on HD in an hour! Can't wait! :D

I just canceled cable last month since I didn't have time to watch... searched everywhere online to stream it and couldn't find anything.

Well that was a fun watch. Congrats on being a great sport even though the results were rigged. You did a fantastic job of representing NSX owners, particularly Primers. The only thing I was :eek: at was the shot of you on your roof. That GTR looked fun to drive; I'd love to try one sometime. But IMO your NSX stole the show. What a beauty!

Watching this now... I was about to doze off after watching the WRX episode when I saw the NSX and woke up immediately! Lol

My first thought was "damn that car looks familiar!"

Sure enough.... ;)

Great job Alex! Your X looks absolutely gorgeous and you were fantastic on the show.

The lady with the red truck was awesome. You two made the show IMO. The ultima was a weird thing to see.

As far as I'm concerned, x wins easily :biggrin: she's a beast!

I may have to watch this periodically for Ginny ;)

Last edited:
Alex, is your NSX a 2001 or 1999? Because I thought I heard the announcer say 2001, but the graphic they used shows 1999. :confused:

575x4593.jpg

Finally caught the full episode. Great job Alex!

Yes, the producers made us say a few things since everyone in Atlanta was rather cool and no one came off as some past contestants crapping on everything for controversy. Some things I flat out refused to say.

Finally caught the full episode. Great job Alex!

Yes, the producers made us say a few things since everyone in Atlanta was rather cool and no one came off as some past contestants crapping on everything for controversy. Some things I flat out refused to say.

I can't wait for your episode next week.

I really couldn't hear Sunnys episode last night. It was on but I was on the phone but did see the mustang came in last place behind two cars that didn't run properly :confused:

Is your NSX going to be on the show too? Where's the thread for that?

What a fun episode to watch. You were great Alex!!!

Thanks DocL

Is your NSX going to be on the show too? Where's the thread for that?

1SICKLEX will be in next weeks show but he will be in a Lexus GS450h Hybrid (first hybrid ever)

Please tune in for that episode. You guys will be in for a treat!

Well that was a fun watch. Congrats on being a great sport even though the results were rigged. You did a fantastic job of representing NSX owners, particularly Primers. The only thing I was :eek: at was the shot of you on your roof.

What he said!:cool:

Back