• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I"mmm backkk!! :d

Sold off my first nsx 6 years ago.. never did a day go by when i didn't think about buying another. During those 6 years i thought i would give the japanese trio a try and also the new Godzilla. Each of these cars i would say have their pros and cons but i would always compare them to the nsx. I was one of the first guinea pigs with the AP-X turbo kits and i never can forget that JET like sound i would get when vtec + turbo would kick in from the mid engine, i was hooked. I searched and kept randomly posting for NSXs throughout the years but the timing was just never right.

Finally i got a glorious message through my inbox from Tim (jorligan) he asked if i may have some interest in a beautiful Monte Carlo Blue / Lovefab built nsx... it was almost too good to be true. The top color i wanted with that beautiful turbo setup and the longevity of a built motor. After looking at all of Jorligans threads i knew this man was just like me, he always wanted everything perfect. We went back and forth with small messages for quite awhile since Tim really wanted to make sure the car was top notch and also he was heading to NSXPO. I was in no rush as i've been waiting for this car for a long time!

Yesterday Tim called me and said he would be driving through Colorado to drop off the NSX!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Here are some pics of the rx7, supra, GTR(still have)

1_zpsa0ad78c1.jpg

2_zps9b3f9d6f.jpg

hi4_zpsxikbiuof.jpg

hi3_zpsge6z8mny.jpg

hi2_zps1o9aah72.jpg

hi5_zpsqqb1zcwu.jpg

17342791176_2eb9fee0ff_o_zpsjmcv2k7m.jpg

and the NSX! thank you Tim and your trailer is AMAZING
20151012_183943_zpsphm6wq9y.jpg

20151012_183535_zpsb7bxtghm.jpg

20151012_192048_zpsagdwmfmh.jpg

20151012_192349_zpsorcxmnbu.jpg

20151012_203642_zps0diuexcw.jpg

had to take a pic of Tims trailer lol
20151012_184554_zpsvtrigrkx.jpg

thanks guys for reading! looking forward to being active on prime (even though i never left ;P) and the local NSX owners.
dan

Last edited:
Wow, you definitely have JDM Baller status. You've owned them all! I like your GT-R exhaust- I have the same one. ;)

Tim is only one half of a great car couple......very smart buy from a honest seller.....best of luck..

Funny i see this post. I have been over lurking on the GTR forums lately and saw your SN on some random threads I have been reading thru.Keeping the GTR?

Man after my own heart, go Japanese cars! :biggrin: I remember pulling into the NJ NSXPO a few years back and remarking to my wife how rare MC is as a color. As we round the corner Tim is pulling in ahead of me and our cars pulled into the lot one after another and look like twins... :confused: So much for being "rare". :tongue:

I can't believe he sold that car as when he gave me a ride I thought it would be with him for life. Glad to see it has gone to another Primer and a Japanese car enthusiast. You have the best of both, analog NSX and digital GTR. Let's see some pics of them together.

Congrats and welcome back to NSX ownership. I like your taste in cars.

That car and trailer looks familiar :) Buying from a reputable Primer is the way to go!

Congratulations!

Glad that you've returned into the NSX realm, buying Tim's car is certainly making a bold comeback!

It seems like Tim & Liz kept going back & forth with whose car made more power.......I wonder how that finally ended up ;^D

Brian

Welcome back. I love the RX-7 and the supra. Never been a fan of the gtr35. LOVE THE NSX.

Wow, you definitely have JDM Baller status. You've owned them all! I like your GT-R exhaust- I have the same one. ;)

Lol thanks buddy! JDM is the best way to go! :] how are you liking the GT-R so far?

Congrates, I have always liked Tim's ride (now yours).

thanks buddy! i see you're still into the crazy projects with them

Tim is only one half of a great car couple......very smart buy from a honest seller.....best of luck..

lol thank you! yes tim was awesome to meet

Beautiful cars, I love the NSX and RX7!

thanks man! the curves of the japanese trio are hard to beat

Great set of cars! More pix in due time please and perhaps a video :smile:

will do! need to get some thorough cleaning done with the engine bay and such. will get something going though

Funny i see this post. I have been over lurking on the GTR forums lately and saw your SN on some random threads I have been reading thru.Keeping the GTR?

hey the GTR is a great car, totally apples and oranges to the NSX for sure. I would def keep the GTR if i had room, as you can see i still have a 1-car garage. Don't really feel like keeping the GTR locked away at my friends house haha. I would say go drive one 2012-2013 as they are def getting more affordable, E85 plus full bolt on is ridiculously fast. If your NSX is NA you might be wanting boost after the test drive.

- - - Updated - - -

Man after my own heart, go Japanese cars! :biggrin: I remember pulling into the NJ NSXPO a few years back and remarking to my wife how rare MC is as a color. As we round the corner Tim is pulling in ahead of me and our cars pulled into the lot one after another and look like twins... :confused: So much for being "rare". :tongue:

I can't believe he sold that car as when he gave me a ride I thought it would be with him for life. Glad to see it has gone to another Primer and a Japanese car enthusiast. You have the best of both, analog NSX and digital GTR. Let's see some pics of them together.

honestly im truly grateful and honored to have bought Tims car, i will keep the legacy going! yes i totally agree the NSX/GTR is an amazing combo but unfortunately i can only keep one ='/. i'm gonna try going up to the buddys house to snap pics with both of them.

Congrats and welcome back to NSX ownership. I like your taste in cars.

thanks oyagi! good seeing your SN, i noticed you went back to the NSX as well :D

Glad that you've returned into the NSX realm, buying Tim's car is certainly making a bold comeback!

It seems like Tim & Liz kept going back & forth with whose car made more power.......I wonder how that finally ended up ;^D

Brian

Thanks brian! lol I wasn't able to meet Liz but Tim was a fantastic guy and had a handful of great stories.

Congratulations. Thats a mighty big smile you got there. :wink:

hey long time no see buddy! yea i was grinning the whole ride home. feels good to be back!

Brian

For sure........ me, too. There is always something going on in that household :biggrin:

Lol thanks buddy! JDM is the best way to go! :] how are you liking the GT-R so far?

thanks buddy! i see you're still into the crazy projects with them

lol thank you! yes tim was awesome to meet

thanks man! the curves of the japanese trio are hard to beat

will do! need to get some thorough cleaning done with the engine bay and such. will get something going though

hey the GTR is a great car, totally apples and oranges to the NSX for sure. I would def keep the GTR if i had room, as you can see i still have a 1-car garage. Don't really feel like keeping the GTR locked away at my friends house haha. I would say go drive one 2012-2013 as they are def getting more affordable, E85 plus full bolt on is ridiculously fast. If your NSX is NA you might be wanting boost after the test drive.

- - - Updated - - -

honestly im truly grateful and honored to have bought Tims car, i will keep the legacy going! yes i totally agree the NSX/GTR is an amazing combo but unfortunately i can only keep one ='/. i'm gonna try going up to the buddys house to snap pics with both of them.

thanks oyagi! good seeing your SN, i noticed you went back to the NSX as well :D

Thanks brian! lol I wasn't able to meet Liz but Tim was a fantastic guy and had a handful of great stories.

hey long time no see buddy! yea i was grinning the whole ride home. feels good to be back!

yoojeankim - I know you will TCB but you must understand we here in Michigan HATE to lose a car. We have a couple new ones
this past six months come into MI ownership but we don't want to give 'em up easy.....

Best regards on your return!

Welcome back, love your car collection!! I was fortunate enough to meet your beauty this past weekend at NSXPO 2015 :D I may or may not have touched her a bit before Tim brought her to you lol.

5bwvx0.jpg

MCB FTW!!!!

Very beautiful RX7 and Supra!

Congrats on the NSX. I also had the pleasure of seeing your car at XPO. :) great choice!

Wow, I cant believe Tim sold his car! Tim is truly one of the nicest guys Ive meet through Prime. Really great guy and I can only imagine what will replace the NSX.

I remember taking a ride with him in "HERNOBLE" at NSXPO in Ohio, still possibly one of the fastest cars Ive been it.

Congrats and great collection of cars you have, use the NSX well.

Obviously the speed is just insane (I'm tuned by Ben Linney). With most fast cars, you get used to the speed and power after a while. But with the GT-R it's just so violent that you never really get used to it. Even in our crappy thin air with our crappy 91 octane gas, the car is just a beast. That said, what I really like about it is the usefulness of the car. It has all the modern stuff like bluetooth streaming, nav, engine data display, etc. It is comfortable to drive, has a big trunk and my kids can sit in the back. I can drive it without worrying about anything breaking because it is so new.

Dislikes are the difficulty of maintenance (lifting the car) and expense of the 20" tires. Also dislike that everyone wants to race me to see if it is that fast. Yes, it really is. :D Dislike that the factory all seasons are essentially worthless in the snow, so I have to use undersized tires to get a decent level of performance. Dislike the fragility of the transmission fluid to high temps. Dislike the squeaky brakes that squeal like a garbage truck every time I stop.

Overall, I like it a lot and it is the right car for this period in my life. But, I liked my NSX more.

Welcome back, love your car collection!! I was fortunate enough to meet your beauty this past weekend at NSXPO 2015 :D I may or may not have touched her a bit before Tim brought her to you lol.

5bwvx0.jpg

MCB FTW!!!!

thank you!! haha yes MCB FTW! you might not know but i actually flew out to wekfest san jose and saw your vehicle there! :D I may or may not have touched her haha

Wow, I cant believe Tim sold his car! Tim is truly one of the nicest guys Ive meet through Prime. Really great guy and I can only imagine what will replace the NSX.

I remember taking a ride with him in "HERNOBLE" at NSXPO in Ohio, still possibly one of the fastest cars Ive been it.

Congrats and great collection of cars you have, use the NSX well.

Tim is truly awesome! pretty sure we could have talked for hours and hours. Thank you for the kind words and yes this nsx is a keeper.

Obviously the speed is just insane (I'm tuned by Ben Linney). With most fast cars, you get used to the speed and power after a while. But with the GT-R it's just so violent that you never really get used to it. Even in our crappy thin air with our crappy 91 octane gas, the car is just a beast. That said, what I really like about it is the usefulness of the car. It has all the modern stuff like bluetooth streaming, nav, engine data display, etc. It is comfortable to drive, has a big trunk and my kids can sit in the back. I can drive it without worrying about anything breaking because it is so new.

Dislikes are the difficulty of maintenance (lifting the car) and expense of the 20" tires. Also dislike that everyone wants to race me to see if it is that fast. Yes, it really is. :D Dislike that the factory all seasons are essentially worthless in the snow, so I have to use undersized tires to get a decent level of performance. Dislike the fragility of the transmission fluid to high temps. Dislike the squeaky brakes that squeal like a garbage truck every time I stop.

Overall, I like it a lot and it is the right car for this period in my life. But, I liked my NSX more.

Linney is the man! i think you get use to the speed but not the torque since the stock turbos die out on top end. Yea it's sad there's a huge thread on how people were disappointed on how their GT-R felt but it was because they were using 91 and the base maps were all tuned for 93+. I agree on the modern stuff/comfort-ability/big trunk/it being a sumo not being scared of someone hitting you haha. Are you trying to daily drive your vehicle even in the winter months? I should really give you a ride in mine with e85 and Nisco TCM tune but then again you're probably wanting to keep it stock-ish? I 110% agree on your last statement.

Back