• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lambo doors

Thread-Crap-Forget.jpg
:biggrin:

I ate it with a side of beans and enchiladas.

haha I know what you did there.....at xpo 06 my review of the curbside comments were about 80% for the starch,20% favorable.:wink:

Koenigsegg doors FTW!!!
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/A1x7W50Gf8o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As much as the driver tried to look cool when he got out of the car, he had to sidestep his first foot and quickly regained his balance with the other foot. It would be easy for the driver to trip and fall. I am sure it would look reeeaaly cool. I saw someone at work a few years ago with these Dumbo doors on his Civic dropping off a senior citizen. That poor lady was having a hard time getting out on her own so other had to help.
Steve

I'm friends with the guy who started the entire post-lambo aftermarket "vertical doors." He made a killing and sold the company at it's peak. I'm pretty sure he's happy he sold when he did. :)

Ill bet he made a killing... the few years that they were the hot shit... damn!

the koneigsiehhshshgsdfdfdgd doors are a bad idea if you ever park on a curb with a passenger... that door will hit if you are too close.

Mercedes McLaren SLR doors work pretty well in terms of opening and getting in and out, but closing the door once you are seated is difficult. you can't reach it fully seated. additionally, you have to slam that door with some authority, which is harder to do in a seated position. the car is a pig anyways, so why couldn't they have power doors? So close to perfect though...

McLaren MP4-12C and Lambo style is a head bump hazard and they reduce the room you have to get in.

additionally with the doors opening up, if you roll over, what are you gonna do? in the McLaren MP4-12C they have explosives that will pop the door off in a roll over...

Generally not a good system. It looks cool when you open the doors, though. LOL. although on a car it doesn't belong on, people may laugh at you.

there is a kit for the FGT, but it is upward of $15k installed i think. It eliminates a large part of the ingress/egress issue with the FGT due to the roof portion of the doors.

IMO it looks incredible.

Attachments

• elitecarbonrallygt012.jpg
    elitecarbonrallygt012.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 126
  • elitecarbonrallygt016.jpg
    elitecarbonrallygt016.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 122
We sound like snobby elitist because we don't like the look on NSX's because its not "supposed" to be that way. If done right, these doors do look good on many vehicles. I think it looks good on the red NSX just posted, its those seat covers and the 6" gap between the tire and the car that kills it for me. That being said, I just personally would not do it for a couple reasons.

#1: I probably wouldn't own a car that I could take this kind of risk on, and even if I did, unless it came that way, I just wouldn't do it.

#2: These kinds of drastic modifications (though reversible) severely reduce the value of any vehicle and if you try to sell it, you have to sell it to a fanboy heavily in awe of the look.

You can go to almost any roadside car show and find that the vehicle with the most people gathered around it probably has vertical doors, a crazy paint job, and a sound system. This is because for the most part, people really gravitate to the look, because its different and kinda cool. This is why the people who manufacture and sell vertical door kits make a killing, because of the thousands of car shows in which this kind of mod gives a competitor an advantage if pieced together correctly.

I still stand by my original post in that unfortunately I see this kind of thing more on Grand Am's than something visually cool like a fixed up competition laced Hummer H2 or something.

Last edited:
We sound like snobby elitist because we don't like the look on NSX's because its not "supposed" to be that way.
+1. If someone wants to do it - cool, its their cash and their car.

The lambo door NSX that I am thinking of was posted by cyborg here (http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153554), he seemed pretty knowledgeable about the process and might be a good person to reach out to. This is what his car looks like:

NSX_20111001_007.jpg

there is a kit for the FGT, but it is upward of $15k installed i think. It eliminates a large part of the ingress/egress issue with the FGT due to the roof portion of the doors.

IMO it looks incredible.

Closer to 20k, but hey, if you don't hit your head on the top of the door every now and then, what fun is it? :wink:

Vented trunk lid? For when... uhh... your golf clubs get hot?

Ive seen that vented trunk lid before and always wondered what the purpose was? And also, do the vents go thru the actual lid or are they sealed underneath somehow so water doesnt get in?

LOL, it's ok more idiots who do this to their NSX just makes my increase in value :)

P.S. I love the website addy or whatever that is on the back of that yellow NSX

Idiots?:confused: Who are you to call someone an idiot?What, you think you better than everyone else or something?Need to check yourself before you get check.hehe :rolleyes:

I think this gullwing type may be a good fit on the NSX

IMO it looks incredible.

Back