• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Latest NSX rumor I found. (Yeah, I know. I know)

This is really disappointing if it's true. I think the steel body is indicative of the types of compromises you'd have to make to have a $60k car high perfomance car. It's especially disappointing because I was reading an article in Fortune about new manufacturing methods for making aluminum frames, and how more manufacturers are considering it. This would be a big step backward.

I'm not sure why Acura would want to compete with Lexus and Mercedes in that price range, unless they want to cut down on performance and build up the luxury factor. If that's the case, why even call it an NSX?

That has got to be a mistake.

The new NSX may be steel bodied, but I can't imagine Acura unveiling it at the San Francisco Auto Show. That show does not have the panache for the NSX unveiling.

Well, producing a sports car with a value emphasis has been the trend recently. Just look at the 350Z, G35, RX8. All their predecessors were more expensive/exclusive than their newer counterparts. Although some might argue the RX8 is not an RX7 replacement.

brahtw8 said:
That has got to be a mistake.

The new NSX may be steel bodied, but I can't imagine Acura unveiling it at the San Francisco Auto Show. That show does not have the panache for the NSX unveiling.

My thoughts exactly.
If there would be an unveiling, it would be the Tokyo Auto Show.

PorknBeanz said:
I'm not sure why Acura would want to compete with Lexus and Mercedes in that price range

I wasn't aware that Benz or Lex has a mid engined sports car to compete with the NSX. It takes more than price range for consumers to consider cars in the same light, otherwise 745i owners would also be checking out Lotus Esprit's...

Rubber Chicken said:
I wasn't aware that Benz or Lex has a mid engined sports car to compete with the NSX.

That's exactly my point! MB and Lexus don't produce anything like the current NSX. What unfortunate compromises would Acura have to make to compete in the Lexus SC430 and the MB SLK category. If they are really going to try to compete with those cars, why even call it an NSX, and IMO ruin the name's heritage.

I am 99.9% sure the first public unveiling of the next generation NSX will not be debuted at the SF autoshow. Also speaking with the head NSX engineer Uehara himself a few months back, he stated one of the most important goal is to keep the chasis lightweight. Going to a steel construction contradicts the plan.

I agree, but a z06 with fiberglass/steel body weighs less than a NSX-T. so, maybe steel isn't that bad afterall. As long as its lighter, more powerful and less expensive.:D :D

i don't ask for much.:D

:rolleyes: This forum is worse than the gossip magazines that women read... so many baseless rumours. :D

Perhaps Honda moved to steel because they needed enough strength to mount the massive V12 engine the NSX2 is supposed to have. Oh, that's another rumour. :p

[note: i doubt <B>Phoe<FONT COLOR=red>N$X</FONT></B> would have posted that: he's been busy at work, plus he would post it on prime first. It's an imposter 'phoenix']

Re: Re: Latest NSX rumor I found. (Yeah, I know. I know)

apapada said:
it's BS. New NSX will debut as a 06 model with a V10

And that is BS because I just heard from someones sisters cousin that works in the Honda plant that the next NSX will be a 07 model with a carbon fiber body,less than 2700lbs, quad turbocharged i-VTEC V16 producing nearly 1200HP with an estimated 0-100 MPH time of 4 seconds.

Honda has secretly been wishing to destroy the Mclaren F1 and now it sounds like their wishes may come true. I guess we can just keep our fingers crossed!

Debut will likely happen in Tokyo in late October. After that, they might bring it to the US auto show circuit, and the next one being in San Fran in November, it is possible. Bu more likely at the North American Auto show in Detroit in Jan 04

There are too many rumors from every magazine flying around lately. Honda cooking up something. I'll be surprised if nothing shows up at the Tokyo motor show

Hmmm...try this one on for size:

fafb7604.jpg

Think about it...

Silver F16 said:
There are too many rumors from every magazine flying around lately. Honda cooking up something. I'll be surprised if nothing shows up at the Tokyo motor show

One thing is for sure, if Honda don't realize how much the automotive world is waiting for another breakthrough with the 2nd gen NSX and how much its coming is wanted and needed, Honda will make their biggest mistake.

Killing an icon is almost criminal........

Last edited:
RyRy210 said:
Well, producing a sports car with a value emphasis has been the trend recently. Just look at the 350Z, G35, RX8. All their predecessors were more expensive/exclusive than their newer counterparts. Although some might argue the RX8 is not an RX7 replacement.

hmm... G35 is an Atima coupe actually, RX8 is completely new car.

IMO honda would unveil the NSX in their country. And not so quickly. NSX will be a special car, for ever.

NeoNSX said:
[note: i doubt Phoe<FONT COLOR=red>N$X</FONT> would have posted that: he's been busy at work, plus he would post it on prime first. It's an imposter 'phoenix']
Thanks, buddy. Besides, I know better than to say that November is "next" month. :D

P.S., I don't care for "Phoenix"'s avatar, but I like this little guy:

woot.gif

Back