• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

McRib

Anyone know why McDonald's don't offer this on their regular menu?

I love this sandwich but only get to taste it whenever they bring it back from time to time.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LlIaown6Wpw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks like boneless pork to me :confused: I'm sure it's got enough calories to maintain a small village for a day but if all the patty is is boneless pork then it could be worse.

It is worse:
McRib Nutritional Info:
490 calories, 220 calories from fat, 25 g fat, 8 g saturated fat, 75 mg cholesterol, 1040 mb sodium, 44 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein, 11 g sugars.

Couldn't pay me any less than $100 to eat one of those. I have my price but it isn't going to be on the dollar menu.

The marking dynamic at work here is quite interesting. McDonald's has had similar 'special' items due to the fact they deplete global suppliers if the product becomes too popular for too long. I believe their fish sandwich (maybe one type if they have more than one?) nearly wiped out an entire species of fish. Natural market forces would normally dictate a switch to a close substitute but if the fish are free in the ocean it is possible to completely eradicate them unintentionally. The absolute $hit the human body can run on is quite astounding. Of course if healthy eating made that much of a difference I'd probably be reworking and adding to Albert Einstein's General Relativity which is certainly not the case..
M-F ->
Breakfast-some combination of high end no sugar greek yogurt, granola bar, odwalla's, and coffee/1% organic milk.
lunch-pre-made salad from wholefoods (no meat, usually fruit/nuts/feta cheese) or left over dinner
dinner-whole foods salad with oven cooked chicken breast (pre-seasoned, I'm lazy) from wholefoods (for whatever that's worth, I like it because I can buy meat seasoned several different ways so dinner never gets dull)
desserts/snacks-almonds of some variety or a chunk off a huge bar of 70%+ cocoa dark chocolate bar (eat one a week) also from whole wallet.

Last edited:
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LlIaown6Wpw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

one of my favorite episdoes! i love the old episodes compared to the newer ones.. I just don't understand their humor.

I still remember in December when they were running their last promo for the mcrib-i came into a mcdonald's and had my last taste of it. I KNOW it's unhealthy, but I just HAD to try it one last time. Their marketing tactics are indeed effective because I'm still hooked on them!

I had one for the first time last year when they "brought it back for a limited time" I thought it was terrible I couldn't even finish it. Reminded me of the crap they tried to feed me when I was in middle school.

I think Mcdonalds waits till pork is cheap. Then they bring it back. I am a mcrib head....big time!!!! I would buy two a week for sure with extra BBQ sauce. It kind of makes me upset/hungry when I see posts about the micrib sandwich. The only posts I like is when people say its coming back. I remember when you could get a small mcrib sandwich for a dollar. WOW! that was clutch. I hope it comes back very soon.

There is McRib Locator LOL. I always figured if one Mcdonald's had the McRib they all did. I guess Im wrong? I will check out my Mcdonald's tomorrow.

How to make a McRib

very funny and true.....just add the mc prefix to anything and you can claim it as reality.......like sex with a inflatable doll.....mcsex :rolleyes:

Couldn't pay me any less than $100 to eat one of those. I have my price but it isn't going to be on the dollar menu.

The marking dynamic at work here is quite interesting. McDonald's has had similar 'special' items due to the fact they deplete global suppliers if the product becomes too popular for too long. I believe their fish sandwich (maybe one type if they have more than one?) nearly wiped out an entire species of fish. Natural market forces would normally dictate a switch to a close substitute but if the fish are free in the ocean it is possible to completely eradicate them unintentionally. The absolute $hit the human body can run on is quite astounding. Of course if healthy eating made that much of a difference I'd probably be reworking and adding to Albert Einstein's General Relativity which is certainly not the case..
M-F ->
Breakfast-some combination of high end no sugar greek yogurt, granola bar, odwalla's, and coffee/1% organic milk.
lunch-pre-made salad from wholefoods (no meat, usually fruit/nuts/feta cheese) or left over dinner
dinner-whole foods salad with oven cooked chicken breast (pre-seasoned, I'm lazy) from wholefoods (for whatever that's worth, I like it because I can buy meat seasoned several different ways so dinner never gets dull)
desserts/snacks-almonds of some variety or a chunk off a huge bar of 70%+ cocoa dark chocolate bar (eat one a week) also from whole wallet.

Hey "quack" - how 'bout a duckburger?

I prefer angus burger.

Back