• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

mileage

Helllo all - what would you consider "high mileage" and "low mileage" for one of these cars. I am trying to figure out the market for these cars and the price swings from years 95-96 mainly.

LOL... you're a big help DocL. :biggrin: I think "low" would be anything under 35K, high would be most over 80 or 90K. With the average being in the 40's and 50's.

Polls have shown that the median mileage on NSXs is approximately 5000 miles per year. IOW, half the cars are above that point, half are below. (People often refer to it as "average", but... let's just say that the median is more meaningful, because it doesn't get skewed by cars with super-high mileage.)

Therefore, you can expect that roughly half the '95 cars have less than 60,000 miles, and half have more. You can use this figure to refer to mileage as above average, or below average.

The terms "high" and "low" are much more subjective, and a matter of semantics and opinion. (For example, some people consider anything below the average to be "low", while others don't think of it as "low" unless it's less than some arbitrary point, eg. 10K miles.)

Very well said, 5k miles a year is a good point. I agree.

Joseph

Polls have shown that the median mileage on NSXs is approximately 5000 miles per year. IOW, half the cars are above that point, half are below. (People often refer to it as "average", but... let's just say that the median is more meaningful, because it doesn't get skewed by cars with super-high mileage.)

Therefore, you can expect that roughly half the '95 cars have less than 60,000 miles, and half have more. You can use this figure to refer to mileage as above average, or below average.

The terms "high" and "low" are much more subjective, and a matter of semantics and opinion. (For example, some people consider anything below the average to be "low", while others don't think of it as "low" unless it's less than some arbitrary point, eg. 10K miles.)

Back