• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Moving to Charlotte

At the risk of jinxing my relocation, I wanted to let folks know that I am about a week away from a formal offer from my company to relocate to Charlotte. I am from Detroit, so I am overjoyed about the prospects of moving to the south! I likely won't have my car down to Charlotte until the spring, but I wanted to say hi and get a feel for how many NSX'ers are in the area. Also interested to know where everyone takes their NSX's for service and detailing. I look forward to meeting fellow NSX owners after the first of the year.

Duffer,

We will keep our fingers crossed for your relocation we lost our last spa yellow a while back and it will be nice to have another! There are a few of us on here that are active (about 8 or so) and there are several others in town but they are not active on Prime.

On the first Saturday of the month we have a local cars and coffee meet up which draws anywhere from 200- 300+ cars every month, we have been going at it going on 3 years in Dec (not just NSXx but other great stuff to look at too) Check out the website www.carsandcoffeecharlotte.com. I post it here as a reminder in the SE section each month.

As far as service there are a few options but one may be out of the game for a bit. My number one go to is in Raleigh who is Steve Gooding. You can do a search here and you will see a number of area NSX owners including myself who rave about his service. He is a Acura Master tech who worked on these when they were introduced and a number of years after in SoCal and NC. He now does it in his home shop in Raleigh. He is taking some time off form turning a wrench right now to recoup from the down real estate market but we hope to have him back soon. It is a haul from Charlotte but worth it.

Also at the local Acura dealership, Hendrick Acura they have a service manager Brian Teague who is very familiar with the NSX and a master tech Eddie who does good work. They don't see a bunch of them but bare with them on the pricing they have to be creative, but you can haggle with them.

Also there is a independent shop ARH Design in Huntersville (north of the city) that is owned by Adam Heglar that has worked on a number of NSXs and other exotics and does a nice job. He is very up to date on his info. So there are a few options.

PM me if you want to exchange info when you get here and I will let you know when we meet up. There is a very large group of NSX owners in the Raleigh area and once a year we meet up on Greensboro (half way) at Foreign Cars International to hang out for the day. It is a lot of fun and we can draw about 20-30 cars on a well planned out trip. Lots of good people and great facility as well.

Good luck and hope this helps.

Michael

From someone who relocated 10 years ago from Wisconsin, you're going to think you died and went to heaven once you get down here. Having grown up in western PA and then spending 12 years in WI, I had about enough of winter weather - the cold, the wind, the ugly, slushy dirty snow!!! Upon arriving in Raleigh I decided to really create a nice garage environment for my cars. How about a carpeted floor???
At any rate, Michael is the designated organizer for NSX gatherings in NC-West and I have assumed that role for NC-East. We have planned an annual event every year half way in between at the Ferrari-Maserati-Aston Martin-Porsche dealer in Greensboro, NC. I keep a roster of NSX owners in the Carolinas that numbers about 60 right now. There are cruises, cars n coffee and car shows throughout the year. Here in Raleigh there is a New Years day cruise at the Grille 57 hamburger stand that usually attracts about 200-250 cars of all types. I get my NSX out every dry weekend throughout the year, so say good by to winter storage, especially if you drive your NSX in the rain!!!

Looking forward to seeing you next year.

John and Michael - I appreciate the feedback from both of you. I really look forward to moving. I can't get my head around a New Year's Day drive. At that point, my ride is in month two of a five month slumber. My car is a bit of a garage queen, so she doesn't get exposed to rain (or even puddles). :biggrin:

Last edited:
Back