• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My J swapped NSX...sorry for the wait. love or hate

Ok here is the big news. Thanks to mr envy for providing detrimental information needed. I got a call earlier in the week from my engine supplier saing he had a c30 transmission. The parts he acquires usually have damage in one way or another so they are very affordable. He said it was making some type of bad internal noise, but shifts into the gears and rotates. I left early from work friday to make the drive. I arrived in carrollton around 9pm and stopped off at SCW performance to pick up a new cooling tank, radiator cover thing, and radiator stays with all the hardware. I was very impressed with the overall quality and build of the product. Very high quality and excellent construction.

Now to the big news. The c30 transmission ended up being a NA2 6speed trans, and it bolts up perfectly to the j32a3 block i am going to be using. I picked up some cv shafts while in texas Im not sure what they are for, but they do not mount into the transmission correctly, so im thinking they are either auto or the diff has problems. This means I will be able to use factory cv shafts, factory shift linkage, and the factory tranny mount, and rear mount. ( still need a couple parts, I will be posting in the wtb section)

Next issue to overcome. I need a flywheel, clutch, pressureplate and throwout bearing. The j32 factory clutch setup is to big, the trans housing hits somewhere on the big dual mass flywheel. Although the clutch disc splines are an exact match I need to use a different flywheel and stronger clutch setup. I am trying to locate factory nsx parts for testing as I type this.

now to the eye candy

The C transmission bolts to the J engine without an adapter plate?

Also the K series flywheel will bolt to a J if I recall correctly. Not sure if that would work here though.

Last edited:
Hi,

if the tranny is the same (NSX OEM), then do you know if both the J and the C rotate in the same direction? :wink:

Hope so.

Nuno

The C transmission bolts to the J engine without an adapter plate?

Also the K series flywheel will bolt to a J if I recall correctly. Not sure if that would work here though.

That is correct. No adapter needed. As long the 04-08 tl j32a3 is used or one with the same block pattern.

I am very hopefull everything will bolt up . I will be contacting a few companies on Monday to see if I can get some assistance.

I think everyone here is thinking the same question..how hard it is to retrofit a 6 speed TL tranny to a C block.

I havnt gotten that far yet, but I can guarentee it will bolt up. It will need at least two different mounts and possibly 3. The clutch and flywheel might have to change. The most difficult part about it would be the shift linkage as it bolts to the top of the j series trans and tge bottom of the c

wow cant believe the nsx transmission bolts right up to your J block, thats gonna save you so much time and work. This build is looking more intriguing with every update

wow cant believe the nsx transmission bolts right up to your J block, thats gonna save you so much time and work. This build is looking more intriguing with every update

x2. That's great news. Can't wait to see more!

I spoke with science of speed yesterday. I will be sending my trans to them to get diagnosed/ repaired. I also spoke with a large clutch manufacture company yesterday and they are going to try to provIde some assistance in conquering the clutch/flywheel problems. Hopefully smoothe sailing from here.

Initial setup is going to consist of factory j32a3 engine, completely stock to bottom. Na2 6speed trans. Custom clutch/flywheel setup. Factory nsx cv shafts. Modified intermediate shaft. Factry left and rear trans mounts. Custom right mount and modified factory front mount. The engine management is going to be factory dbw setup out of an 08tl type s with dbw.

I am going to try to retain the factory tcs, ac, and fully functional cluster.

Once everything is working like a complete stock setup I will put the big turbo on with hondata flashpro

SoS should get into this in a big way.

Buy a batch of new J35A8 from Honda and work out details of the swap, including using the 6MT meant for this engine in the TL and using the ECU from the TL as well.

The final product will have a GT feel instead of the more raw feel if you keep modding and repairing the C32.

Back