• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My new company: LockSAF

Dear NSXPrimers:

I hope all is well with everyone. This is a very exciting time for me. As many of you may know, I have spent the last year tediously developing my own company and now, we are ready to unveil this company and its product to the market. What started as a conversation that was sure to strip me of my 2nd amendment rights in my own home, turned into an idea that will hopefully extend those rights to many and quite possibly save lives across this country and eventually around the globe.

In the past few years, we have been periodically shocked at hearing about the rampages by mentally deranged people and the stories of young children hurting themselves or loved ones. Some of these incidents involved firearms that were not meant to be accessed by these people. With the fateful conversation and these events in mind, I have spent the last year creating the LockSAF brand for our first product, a personal biometric safe (PBS-001). Although there are a few other products with a similar concept on the market, I took the idea to another level that takes into account consumer functionality. The PBS-001 utilizes the security of ones fingerprint to be the key to unlocking a safe containing valuables especially firearms meant for home security. Furthermore, it is designed with a tough exterior and the ability to be stored where most people currently store their firearms or valuables: in a drawer. The dimensions alone were carefully designed to
fit most drawers, and the flip-top lid gives an easy access point so that when access is needed there would be no hindrance.

I traveled across the Pacific ocean with my idea in search of the best manufacturer that had access to quality key components. In this past year, I have made many alliances with companies and people that will allow me to offer a great product at a low price to the consumer as efficiently as possible. I am inviting you to take a moment view my product and company. As I set off on this endeavor, I want to thank all that have supported me in this past arduous year whether it was in the form of a smile, kind words, or start-up capital. My appreciation is boundless and I hope to return the favor many fold.

The site address is www.LockSAF.com. Please feel free to relay any comments and suggestions. I will be grateful for any thoughts that would help me better serve my customers. For those interested in purchasing the product, I have a "Friends and Family" discount to show my appreciation. It is an additional 15% off of any purchase on top of the Free Shipping being offered. The coupon code is: FNF15RN and is good until March 31, 2008. The first shipment is arriving in late April, so shipping will commence immediately upon arrival as my warehouse is readily awaiting the product. When you do receive your PBS-001, I hope that you can notice my meticulous attention to detail and that it serves you well.

If anyone is interested or know of someone that would be interested in selling the PBS-001, please email me for details. There are already a few members of the sales team covering some territories, but we are actively looking for additional team members to join us and expand our coverage. With over 60,000 FFL dealers and 40 million handgun owners in this country alone, there is alot of territory to cover. Hopefully one day in the near future, any one of us can walk into our local store and see a LockSAF product on the shelves.

Thank you for taking the time to read this note. Please pass this email on to anyone that you know who would appreciate it. I hope you are just as excited as I am. Life's path leads us on so many adventures. The LockSAF ship has set sail! Have a great day and best wishes to all!.

Sincerely,

Richard M. Nguyen
[email protected]

While I'm not a gun owner, I've seen Rich's product up close and personal. Any handgun owner with children needs to own this for their family's peace of mind. He's put a lot of work, time and capital into this and it shows. I have no vested interest in this, I'm not an investor, etc etc etc.

Most gun owners, like myself, are very disapproving of biometric scaning, data collection, etc. It is one very huge slipery slop.

Also most gun owners know they need quick acess to bed side handguns and removing anything that could possible cause failure or interfere with that speed is a plus. You are now introducing multiple steps and the chance of electrical and mechanical failure between living or dying. For ME I wouldn't take that chance. BUT I also don't have kids.

And I dont mean to be rude, but your from NYC, NY? The most ANTI gun place in america? That's like buying Carbon Fiber NSX parts from Lithuania!

Congrats Rich...
Everyone has a great idea.... not everyone can execute it.

I'm excited for you.

Also most gun owners know they need quick acess to bed side handguns and removing anything that could possible cause failure or interfere with that speed is a plus. You are now introducing multiple steps and the chance of electrical and mechanical failure between living or dying. For ME I wouldn't take that chance. BUT I also don't have kids.

And I dont mean to be rude, but your from NYC, NY? The most ANTI gun place in america? That's like buying Carbon Fiber NSX parts from Lithuania!

I don't have kids either but I make sure my gun is in a locked safe whenever company is around and children are present. I would prefer a biometric safe which is much faster than trying to open my standard safe.

Personally, I also prefer "some type of extra step" so in case the situation presented itself where I believed deadly force is necessary I want to make sure I am consciously aware of my actions rather than roll over groggy and grab a cocked and loaded weapon in the dark.

As far as the OP being from NYC, being a lifetime NYer myself as well as being aware of the difficulties involved with becoming a legal gun owner in this area I can further appreciate Rich's efforts. Sometimes it takes those in the most tightly controlled region to understand and acknowledge the duties as well as the rights of being a gun owner.

I can understand the fear driven desire to have easy and quick access to a loaded firearm but not every household of gun owners is devoid of children present on the premises. The likelihood of a home invasion in most areas is virtually nil compared with the high probability of a curious child discovering a loaded weapon.

Most gun owners, like myself, are very disapproving of biometric scaning, data collection, etc. It is one very huge slipery slop.

What is so slippery about scanning your fingerprint into your own PERSONAL safe that you would keep in your own home?

What is so slippery about scanning your fingerprint into your own PERSONAL safe that you would keep in your own home?
I'm asking the same ?.This is a home personal safety device.Smart gun technology is another area that I think is useful.Some may think anything that comes between the finger and trigger is flawed,but in the setting of home protection where you have an alarm system to give you some notice and time to arm thyself,and you live with young children these added safety measures are desirable.I'm likeing this rapid opening no fidling with a dial-keypad safe idea.

Good luck with your new product if i did not all ready have a 5'3'safe for all my weapons i would get one it looks like an excellent product how long dose it take to open if you need it in an emergency situation say a home invasion?

Thanks for the comment. There is always hesitation in adding a step to access your firearm. I had never locked up my guns in the past. In fact, I have a 12 gauge in the front closet in my home in Texas and two pistols within vicinity of my bed. However, as I grow older and do intend to have children one day, I find a necessity in storing my firearms properly. My family visits often and there are children around. My peace of mind when these children are around is such a great feeling. I have heard so many stories where you would never think an incident could occur and it did. I'm certain that the father of the child who shot his sibling in the face last year did not intend for that child to find the firearm. This was one of many stories we've heard over the years.

Now, on the gun owner side, I do agree that quick access is very important. I've spent the last year designing and redesigning this safe to ensure that when the firearm is needed, it will be accessed...period. I agree that machines are prone to problems, but the beauty of the safe is its simplicity. The battery is not being drained constantly because unless the safe is being accessed, there is no connection. It takes less than 2 seconds to operate because of the two step process (1. press the function button 2. place your finger on the fingerprint recognition window), and it can be operated without sight since the fingerprint recognition window and the function are right next to each other. You can even operate it without turning a light on since all the key components light up.

I do live in New York and this is liberal town, but I was raised in Texas (Dallas and Houston) where the firearm was a tool in common use. I've worked ranches, hunted, and have been an avid outdoorsman since childhood. When designing this safe, I kept in mind what I thought most gun owners would want. Reliability and quality were the most important tasks this safe had to achieve. Here's something else to think about since you don't have children. 60% of all burglaries occur in the daytime. Where are you during the day? Do you lock up your guns at all?

Nice product, and I understand the idea of possible failure. Is there any other size cases? Rifle or large caliber handgun .50cal?

I made the safe, so that a Desert Eagle could fit easily. There are no other sizes at the moment. That's my surprise for next year!

Failure is always a possibility in any situation. If you do intend to lock up your firearm, would a combination safe be any better? How about a key pad safe? I never had any of those because I thought they would fail me in access time and even mechanical failure would be a possibility. Try punching a code half asleep in the dark. My safe has a 1, 2, and open scenario. Plus, at 22lbs, if it wasn't bolted down, I could fling it at an intruder! Lol...

Good luck with your new product if i did not all ready have a 5'3'safe for all my weapons i would get one it looks like an excellent product how long dose it take to open if you need it in an emergency situation say a home invasion?

Hey, man! Long time! I have a large safe for my long guns, also. However, I like to keep my pistols handy, and I'll be damned if I am running to a 5'3'' safe in the garage in an emergency situation. I am assuming its in the garage where most people (including me) have those types of safes. Then, to mess with a combination or keypad lock? Yeah, right. Check out the videos on the support page and you can see the access time yourself. Less than 2 seconds...that's it and you are ready to rock and roll.

Hey, man! Long time! I have a large safe for my long guns, also. However, I like to keep my pistols handy, and I'll be damned if I am running to a 5'3'' safe in the garage in an emergency situation. I am assuming its in the garage where most people (including me) have those types of safes. Then, to mess with a combination or keypad lock? Yeah, right. Check out the videos on the support page and you can see the access time yourself. Less than 2 seconds...that's it and you are ready to rock and roll.

:cool: WOW cool video..:cool: I actually have a false wall where the safe is hidden in my bedroom its quite trick. 2 sec is great. The next toy on my wish list. Boy Dana is going to kill me:redface:. LOL At least she wont be able to get my gun in my new safe right?:biggrin:Its good that you can program up to 10 fingers just in case you chop on off or something

Congrats Rich...
Everyone has a great idea.... not everyone can execute it.

I'm excited for you.

Thanks, bro! I've learned in my life that if I want something I have to go and get it. I've accomplished much in my life, but the dreams get bigger and the road gets tougher. I guess if you start at the bottom rung, there's no place to go but up! Lol..

Just chasing my American dream!

:cool: WOW cool video..:cool: I actually have a false wall where the safe is hidden in my bedroom its quite trick. 2 sec is great. The next toy on my wish list. Boy Dana is going to kill me:redface:. LOL At least she wont be able to get my gun in my new safe right?:biggrin:

Not unless you program her fingerprint! Look, just remind her of all those trips to Woodbury. I'm sure you guilt her into something! LMAO!

When you do get your box, program multiple fingers in case she decides to sharpen the knives!

While I'm not a gun owner, I've seen Rich's product up close and personal. Any handgun owner with children needs to own this for their family's peace of mind. He's put a lot of work, time and capital into this and it shows. I have no vested interest in this, I'm not an investor, etc etc etc.

Roger, thanks for support. When you go to the website, check out pic #10. I put that one there JUST for you!

What figgin A**hole!

I hope you shoot yourself in the foot and hobble around for the rest of your life. A loaded gun by your bedside with no safety lock? It's an sad accident waitng to happen! BTW:
"Speed is a plus"
*when you make mistakes it's the defining factor.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

What figgin A**hole!

I hope you shoot yourself in the foot and hobble around for the rest of your life. A loaded gun by your bedside with no safety lock? It's an sad accident waitng to happen! BTW: *when you make mistakes it's the defining factor.

That was a little harsh. He said he didn't mean to be rude. What he does in his house is business. I'm sure his views are for his own reasons and if an accident occurs, it will affect you in no way. I keep a loaded weapon in my nightstand, but i live alone. He said he didn't have kids.

Hi Rich, good luck with the new venture ! I want one, can I pick it up since I am local ?

Thanks, Norm! All orders at this point are pre-orders for the shipment coming at the end of April. Shipping is free right now, too! Its better that you order through the site as I have many orders to fill. If you'd like to see the box first, swing by. I'll be happy to give a demo.

What figgin A**hole!

I hope you shoot yourself in the foot and hobble around for the rest of your life. A loaded gun by your bedside with no safety lock? It's an sad accident waitng to happen! BTW: *when you make mistakes it's the defining factor.

Lol...thanks for good intentions, but no need for harsh words. Changing a process that you are used to is always hard. Even thinking about it can be tough. I'm a process engineer by education and over the years, I've seen people question the simplest changes that would make their jobs better. As a gun owner and true believer in the 2nd amendment, I understand the hesitation. However, reality sinks in when it comes to safety. To me, my reward outweighs my risk 10 fold. Plus, I designed the safe, so I know its capabilities. My job now is to hopefully "cure" other people's hesitations.

Back