• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX Owner! 91 Red/Ivory.

vik

Registered Member
Thought I'd introduce myself, my name is Vik, and I just got my first NSX today. (Not the first in the family though) I sold my Corvette C5, and bought a 1991 Red/Ivory NSX, 85,000 miles, maintenance records, no modifications, clean title. I'm the 3rd owner now, and I love it so far.

I'm in a all Honda family, as my wife drives a Fit, my brother drives a RHD S2000, and now I drive a NSX. I have one crappy iPhone photo, but I am a professional photographer, so I will be uploading awesome photos.

First things first, those rims gotta go. I think I'm going Advan or Volk CE28 or NA2 OEM. What do you think? :smile::cool::biggrin:

Bye Bye Corvette, Hello NSX! by www.viksoosphotography.com, on Flickr

Enkei RPF1 or ADVAN RS tend to also look good for light wheels if not BBS LM is great but heavy

Congrats on your purchase :smile:

Pro Drives are another nice lightweight wheel.

01_01[1].jpg

photo courtesy of Science of Speed

Thanks Guys, Corvette Forum was cool, and I'm stoked that I've run into another awesome forum here! I'm staying away from Honda-Tech for now as I've heard there's a lot of weirdos on there.

Some good advice, I guess I was on the right track, great minds think a like. TE37's are cool, but we have a set sitting in the garage to be put on the S2000. I'm between the Enkei and Advan RS. The price of the Enkei is tempting!

Congrats and welcome! Looks like an excellent NSX - could be my car's twin! So far I've pretty much kept mine stock, with exception of 94 oem wheels and AP-X exhaust. You are gonna love this ride. Welcome aboard. Jay

Welcome and congrats on your purchase! If you haven't already found it, make sure you check out the NSX Wiki (off the red action bar at the top of most pages) for lots of useful NSX-related information. It's a work in progress but lots of good stuff there for new owners. Checkout the 'wheels' pages in the Modifying your NSX section.

Are you planning on keeping the stock brakes? Not saying you need to upgrade them or anything, just saying only certain wheels in certain offsets are gona clear Stoptechs etc without spacers.

Congrats and welcome to Prime! Personally, I think OEM 2002+ wheels look best on a Formula Red NSX. There are a few sets for sale in the marketplace. Be advised that you need to use 5mm front spacers to get the wheels to clear the brakes on a 91.

Congratulations and welcome aboard :cool:

I second the choice on 2002+ wheels (gunmetal). They would look phenomenal on your car while keeping the OEM look. Plus, resale is great on OEM wheels, especially the 02+.

Just got on the forum and already a lot of useful information! I like the 2002+ Oem wheels as well. Brakes will probably stay stock.

Hey omgnsxy, I'm in Roseville, hopefully we meet up soon, I haven't been to a meet with the NSX group.

Thought I'd introduce myself, my name is Vik, and I just got my first NSX today. (Not the first in the family though) I sold my Corvette C5, and bought a 1991 Red/Ivory NSX, 85,000 miles, maintenance records, no modifications, clean title. I'm the 3rd owner now, and I love it so far.

I'm in a all Honda family, as my wife drives a Fit, my brother drives a RHD S2000, and now I drive a NSX. I have one crappy iPhone photo, but I am a professional photographer, so I will be uploading awesome photos.

First things first, those rims gotta go. I think I'm going Advan or Volk CE28 or NA2 OEM. What do you think? :smile::cool::biggrin:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bikgc/6183814713/

Your brother, how did he get that RHD S2000 in Cali? Could you share the story with us?

Last edited:

Congrats and welcome to the Fam!

Any wheel choice would look sick as long as you like them! I'm looking forward to more pics!

The NSX body is extremely timeless for something designed in the 80's. The only thing that looks super dated are those wheels, so once you upgrade them this car instantly modernizes. I also love the 2003 style wheels, it depends on what your going for modern stock look or aftermarket/tuner look.

also..

MOAR PICZ!

Monte Carlo Blue S2000, it's in the process of registration, it's actually not the first RHD we've had, as we had a R33 GTR that we sold not to long ago. As far as the procedure of getting it registered in California, that's not my business, he and the people who are helping him keep quiet about it. I honestly ask him why go through all the trouble, he's had USDM S2000's before, I don't know. I guess some people just want something really different.

Any advice on shift knobs, or short shift kits? I was looking at the SOS tear drop to use with the oem shift boot, but I was also thinking about getting a short shift kit, with the nsx-r boot, and a blox or arc type spherical knob.

Congrats man! I have a 91' Red/Ivory as well with RPF1's. You can check my profile to see pics. Enjoy the ride, you got a long road ahead:wink:

Back