• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Now you own an NSX, do you feel biased to talk about it?

My feeling is that almost any sports car has it place and advantages. EVERY car has engineering trade offs (straight line speed vs handling, creature comforts vs. performance, refined elegant interior vs minimalistic for weight savings, etc.). In the end, you have to decide what fits your desires.

I understand people's criticisms of the NSX when a Z06 (which is faster) is much cheaper. At least with the C5's, I don't think the build quality and overall feel is anywhere near the NSX. It does not have the power of a Lamborghini or Ferrari but it is cheaper are far more reliable. I could continue but I hope my point is obvious. For me, the refinement, reliability, exotic looks, and good (not necessarily great) performance of the NSX make it the best choice for me.

I am willing to discuss the merits of any car with someone who is willing to really discuss the issue rather than just putting down the NSX or playing up their own car (what ever it happens to be). In the end, the general conclusion is that I bought the right car for me and they bought the right car for them.

Hi

Since I bought my NSX I have gotten nothing but positiv feedback.. Well there was this drunk guy that showed me the finger, but I guess he drives a Hyundai or something :D

I have toned down the NSX talk. I have been driving my workmates nuts for the last two years with talk about the NSX.

About performance. My close friends that are car nuts too do know what the NSX is and what it can do. Some of them have tested it and they know the NSX is a "complete package". They are "educated" about what the NSX is.

Other people do not give me a hard time since it got "only" 270hp. They are so astonished about the looks that they do not care.

My NSX is the coolest car in town. Thats what many people tell me anyway :cool:

I do not argue with them about that fact :D

Regards

red_MM_nsx said:
...I understand people's criticisms of the NSX when a Z06 (which is faster) is much cheaper. At least with the C5's, I don't think the build quality and overall feel is anywhere near the NSX....

I agree. That is the problem I ran into. I went to test drive both a standard C5 and the Z06 and I was impressed with the Z06 performance, but the interior quality and switchgear reminded me of a rental car. I just could not justify having to live with that. It is one of my pet peeves I guess. The Z06 is a great car, but the NSX is just more of a car for me. :)

Can't crack 4 seconds?

I though (depending on which magazine) a 3.2L 6 speed 290 hp coupe hit's 60 in 4.5 and a targa in 4.7 in one mag and in another it was 4.9 for a 99 targa and 5.0 for a 02 targa.

Does Acura have offical numbers?

Dan Ciesniewski said:
Can't crack 4 seconds?

I though (depending on which magazine) a 3.2L 6 speed 290 hp coupe hit's 60 in 4.5 and a targa in 4.7 in one mag and in another it was 4.9 for a 99 targa and 5.0 for a 02 targa.

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought that cracking "n" sec was the same thing than saying going below "n" sec.

If not it was the way I was defining it.

Sorry if I made a mistake.

Effer

Last edited:
Heck, my NSX has been "gone" for about two years now and I still jump at the chance to talk about it . . . Come to think about it, I am still visiting and posting to this forum . . . . What a wonderful car . . .

Kevin

Back