• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX a supercar?

I was driving home from another 10 hour day at work, slightly bleary and tired, and saw a black NSX two cars ahead of me in traffic along I-19 in Cranberry (Pghmiller, whom I've never met yet, heading to the Starlite cruise?). Even though I own one, the low-to-the-ground, polished, and slightly rumbling NSX had such presence amongst the regular cars and SUV sized Camaros & boat-sized Challengers that it instantly perked me up and I found myself switching lanes just to get a better look. Only times I ever recall doing that were when I saw a Ford GT, LFA, and 458 in traffic (different tines). Suddenly I'm thinking the NSX may really be a supercar speaking purely emotionally and as if it's a pure black/white yes/no decision.

I was driving home from another 10 hour day at work, slightly bleary and tired, and saw a black NSX two cars ahead of me in traffic along I-19 in Cranberry (Pghmiller, whom I've never met yet, heading to the Starlite cruise?). Even though I own one, the low-to-the-ground, polished, and slightly rumbling NSX had such presence amongst the regular cars and SUV sized Camaros & boat-sized Challengers that it instantly perked me up and I found myself switching lanes just to get a better look. Only times I ever recall doing that were when I saw a Ford GT, LFA, and 458 in traffic (different tines). Suddenly I'm thinking the NSX may really be a supercar speaking purely emotionally and as if it's a pure black/white yes/no decision.

:)

The only I car I will drive a little bit like an asshole to get a better look is the NSX. Been that way for years, but more so AFTER I got mine. It truly is a special car.

Senna said it was. Who cares what anyone else thinks.

Also a member with Senna's picture for his avatar said yes too so that's a double confirm! Amazing he was able to remember that thread and it's content from so long ago.

- - - Updated - - -

They didn't price it at 348 levels because no one would have bought it at that price.

And that is exactly why it's not a super car or exotic. Someone's need to have it reguardless of price is what defines a super car!

- - - Updated - - -

^^ What he said. It's all about no-compromise, game changing designs, more than pure numbers.

But they did compromise. They chose not to make a profit which is a bad business decision. Had they priced the car to make a profit the sales numbers would have shown the car to be a failure. Pricing the NSX at a profit would have led buyers to purchase a better performing car for less money.

Last edited:
Someone's need to have it reguardless of price is what defines a super car!
This is what is happening to NSX's right now. Prices are inflating especially for NA2's.

They chose not to make a profit which is a bad business decision.
That's also the definition of a supercar. Many of them (including the LFA) are showpieces, muscle flexing, sold at cost or even at loss. The business decision is to use these as flagships for the brand. This brought recognition for the Honda name (worldwide) and Acura in US. It's called publicity, it may work or not, but that's what it entails for car makers.
An all aluminium chassis could have been considered impractical at the time, way too expensive for the results, still they chose to go with it. They also wanted to beat the F348 in every aspect, which they did, that's a "take no prisoners" approach that is not common either.

Last edited:
OP, you should've done your due diligence & already have known the history of this car & if you have to ask this question & beat it down like a dead horse, then you don't deserve this car so go ahead & hand the keys over to me.:tongue:

Back