• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX at Mecum auction

I was watching the Mecum auctions on HD Theater and on their website, the car list for today showed two NSXs. The first was not aired but a '91 salvage, 90K miles, with two tone repaint and lambo doors. There was an offer of $19K for it and it didn't sell. The second one was a '92 red/black auto, one owner, 28K miles. There was only one picture of the car. I was hoping to see this car on the auction block but they went to commercial and were on other cars when they came back. I checked on their auction site and the car sold for $41K. That's a lot more than I expected. Guess someone really wanted that car! It may be worth about $30K range if it was indeed pristine with records but the seller still made out even after the auction fees which I believe is four percent.

The auction lasts three days and Saturday is the last day with quite a collection of nice muscle cars.

In a recent Barrett-Jackson auction, an '04 NSX-T, Black/Black which appeared to be very nice went for $46k. I didn't hear details about mileage/condition, etc. ....but this appeared to be a very good deal.

"There's a seat for every butt"

After a few drinks & the new girlfriend is sitting next to the "gold chained" bidder, many times reality leaves the room.

Last edited:
^ +1; auctions and the "thrill" of the moment can really get those prices pumped way beyond where they should be.

The first two days of Barrett are where the deals are. Last year an old 356 went for what appeared to be a real low price. It was a B coupe but not a bad deal if it wasn't rusted and so many of them are.

It should be interesting to see it again this year. I've been watching Mecum too. Some nice cars and some caaarraazy prices!

I'm addicted to watching the Mecum Auctions on HD Theater as well. If I'm not able to watch I DVR it! Anyone know of an auction dedicated more to exotic sport cars? Mecum has mostly muscle car and american classics, which I enjoy, but would like to see some more exotic sports cars:biggrin:

I'm thinking about going to the Indy Mecum auction (May 19-23) is anyone is interested.

I'm thinking about going to the Indy Mecum auction (May 19-23) is anyone is interested.

Yes, I'm planning on going to the Mecum Auction in Indy this May. Maybe we can meet up!

Bet the guy with the salvaged 91 w 90k miles is kicking himself for not selling.
Or will be once he realises the bird in the hand flew.

Man you know that's right!

BTW There is a Barret Jackson in Palm Springs FL in May I believe.

I'm addicted to watching the Mecum Auctions on HD Theater as well. If I'm not able to watch I DVR it! Anyone know of an auction dedicated more to exotic sport cars? Mecum has mostly muscle car and american classics, which I enjoy, but would like to see some more exotic sports cars:biggrin:

RM Auctions. I have attended many times here in Monterey. I have seen myself on more then a few occasions on the ESPN broadcast.

Back