• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

nsx engine swap question

you know the engine in the nsx sits sideways right? how do you expect to fit a straight 6 along with a custom transaxle sideways into a nsx body?

that alone would shoot your idea down the drain. now if you would swap in a SR20DET or a 4G63 thats a more interesting swap. you'll have a lighter engine that can hold 500whp and can rev higher than the C30a.

This all depends on how deep your pockets are. The LeMans NSX has a vertically mounted engine with twin turbos cranking over 600 HP. But assuming that your don't have a $100,000+surplus, I highly doubt your gonna be getting a straight 6 to fit right.

how do you possibly think you are going to get a 2jz to fit?

not only is that motor SUPER heavy but it is SUPER tall?
(exactly the reasons I chose to NOT use it in my RX7)

here you go.... this 2jz swap might be something you could do (and it even has nas!)

2jzswapwithnas.jpg

retards...

here you go.... this 2jz swap might be something you could do (and it even has nas!)
2jzswapwithnas.jpg
THAT is the most hilarious thing posted on 'Prime in ages!?! ROTFL LMAO... :D

To original poster, pls. stop posting. It won't work. If it does, you can have my '91 NSX. Deal?

you know the engine in the nsx sits sideways right? how do you expect to fit a straight 6 along with a custom transaxle sideways into a nsx body?

that alone would shoot your idea down the drain. now if you would swap in a SR20DET or a 4G63 thats a more interesting swap. you'll have a lighter engine that can hold 500whp and can rev higher than the C30a.

the SR20DET is not a lighter engine

It can make more power cheaper, but it is offset by the one off installation price
just fitting it in the engine bay is going to cost you.

the SR20DET is not a lighter engine

It can make more power cheaper, but it is offset by the one off installation price
just fitting it in the engine bay is going to cost you.

How much does a C30a weight? I've read somewhere before that the C30a is a pretty heavy engine. I mean its got 2 cylinder heads, 4 cam shafts, 6 pistons, 6 connecting rods, and a large crank shaft. This compared to all aluminum 4 cylinder seems like a no brainer that its the lighter engine. Even if you include the turbo hardware, it should not even add another 80 lbs to the whole system.

Is the project car just for drag racing, or for road racing?
If you're road racing, assuming you know how to drive, you don't need massive HP. A NSX-R is just as fast, or faster then Lamborghini, Ferrari 360, Porsche, etc, etc which have almost 2x more hp.

All you need to do is take a 3.2L 6-speed, put NSX-R suspension on it, cut some weight, and you're 90% done.

Buy a Chevy crate motor, toss in a Ford 9" and a close ratio top loader.

1st turn and I will have disappeared into thin air...............

What an abortion...............:redface:

I dont think he's coming back guys ... :rolleyes: :biggrin:

OK, i just have to ask. Who is JZ and NAS? Are they rappers or something?

You make references to people like that and us old guys won't know what's going on :biggrin: .

OK, i just have to ask. Who is JZ and NAS? Are they rappers or something?

You make references to people like that and us old guys won't know what's going on :biggrin: .

Yes, they are rappers......
In reference to the swap, I believe anything is possible if you have the $$$$$$$. Not saying I would do it because I think its stupid, but anything is possible if your pockets are deep enough!!

how do you possibly think you are going to get a 2jz to fit?

not only is that motor SUPER heavy but it is SUPER tall?
(exactly the reasons I chose to NOT use it in my RX7)

2jzswapwithnas.jpg
s

My laugh for the day, thanks:smile:

Uhhh....geeee I guess all I can say to that is "your mama" since I am apparently still in school and have never raced in my life and oh yeah, I drive a prius as my commute car. Yeah, you certainly told me. :eek:

Hey guys I just bought nsx body that I plan on making my project car. Has anyone ever done any kind of engine swap like put in a supra engine or anything like that? I dont want to put in a stock engine for that fact of the price and lack of power, since I plan on taking this car to the track when its done. Thanks in advance

Chris

i don't know why you'd even need 800+ whp on a track. that's excessive. BUT if that's what you're after, you could easily build and boost an nsx engine for the same price you could buy a supra engine, custom parts, power parts, etc.

there are 800+ hp nsxs out there, with the original engine. you don't need toyota's help.

the only other engine i'd put in my nsx would say ferrari all over it.... but even then, ehh

i don't know why you'd even need 800+ whp on a track. that's excessive. BUT if that's what you're after, you could easily build and boost an nsx engine for the same price you could buy a supra engine, custom parts, power parts, etc.

there are 800+ hp nsxs out there, with the original engine. you don't need toyota's help.

the only other engine i'd put in my nsx would say ferrari all over it.... but even then, ehh

Well, there aren't too many 800whp NSXs running around. Certainly not more than a handful.

It would cost well over 30K in mods alone to get the NSX even close to that kind of hp. The 2JZ-GTE is capable of putting down power like that for much less than 20K.

I would agree to purchase a separate 2JZ motor, remove the C30 and make the 2JZ fit would cost an astronomical amount of time, money and resources and one would be better just working with the existing motor.

I would definitely work with the existing C30/32 before I'd install anything Ferrari in the NSX. The only engine that's viable would be the 430 engine. Forget the 360/355/348--those aren't desirable enough for me to even attempt it. One can easily make the C30/32 into a more powerful and efficient engine than the 430 engine. 420-450 whp is easy to achieve in the NSX. Plus as with most exotics, the engine is longitudinally mounted. Too much headache, not enough return.

Anything can be done with enough of those things but the OP isn't interested in nor does he have the facilities/resources to actually do it. I simply am in awe that this thread has 49 replies... :rolleyes:

Well, there aren't too many 800whp NSXs running around. Certainly not more than a handful.

It would cost well over 30K in mods alone to get the NSX even close to that kind of hp. The 2JZ-GTE is capable of putting down power like that for much less than 20K.

I would agree to purchase a separate 2JZ motor, remove the C30 and make the 2JZ fit would cost an astronomical amount of time, money and resources and one would be better just working with the existing motor.

I would definitely work with the existing C30/32 before I'd install anything Ferrari in the NSX. The only engine that's viable would be the 430 engine. Forget the 360/355/348--those aren't desirable enough for me to even attempt it. One can easily make the C30/32 into a more powerful and efficient engine than the 430 engine. 420-450 whp is easy to achieve in the NSX. Plus as with most exotics, the engine is longitudinally mounted. Too much headache, not enough return.

Anything can be done with enough of those things but the OP isn't interested in nor does he have the facilities/resources to actually do it. I simply am in awe that this thread has 49 replies... :rolleyes:

i just read that he only has the body..... in that case, it'd make more sense (nsx engine is spensive). personally, if i were going to use it for a track car, i'd go with something smaller/lighter..... a decked out 4cyl would be nice even -esp if it were getting a real good weight reduction. supra engine would be easier to squeeze power out of, but with the tight space , it'd be tough to get into the car.

as for the ferrari engine..... the sound would be enough for me :)

Back