• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX gets invited to car show

Quick story for you primers. I own a 2005 NSX-T Silverstone/Onyx and I have been to the local Cincinnati cars and coffee a couple of times. Yesterday I got a call from one of the judges at the Ault Park Concours Car Show in Cincinnati. This is apparently the most prestigous car show in Cincinnati every year. I looked at their website and it is set up similar to something like Pebble Beach Concours. Tickets are $25 person for the general public and proceeds go to the arthritis foundation. Most of the cars seem to be old Rolls Royce's, Ferrari's, etc. (real high dollar stuff). He basically said that they thought my NSX should be entered in either the "future collectible" or "Aisan supercar" category. I have never had a car in any car show before and was really honored and suprised that they were able to track me down and contact me as I do not know anyone affiliated with the event. I had to submit a nomination for inclusion in the show and then was accepted the next day. The event is June, 8th.

I am not posting this story to brag about my car. I am posting to let other primers know that there seems to be a real respect for our cars from non NSX owners. I have no idea how these people found out who I was or even how to contact me. They apparently thought it was worth their time to have an NSX in their show. That seems to me to bode well for all of us in the future. I will let you know how the show goes.

Congratulations, I knew your car was clean since the day we started talking about it. Glad to see it is recognized and will be seen by thousands of people :)

Nah, just clean the car the best you can, If you decide to sit near the car bring a chair and enjoy the show.

I am working a lot right up until the show. I am planning on taking the car to a local detailer for a professional spit and polish for the big day. Mike, if you are coming to the NSXPO this year, I would still like to take you and your wife for dinner or something as a way to sat thanks for all of your help last year.

Saying it's the most prestigous car show in Cincinnati is like saying the Quarter Pounder is the best burger at McDonalds. :biggrin:

OK...I just had to go with that. But truth is, I've heard of this event and it does draw some very serious collector cars. (If it isn't quite Pebble Beach, it's way more prestigious than anything we have down here.) Have a great time drooling over the other cars and be prepared for a lot of questions from a lot of very interested motorheads. The NSX is a great car, and most serious car guys know it. They may prefer Ferraris or P-cars or old British iron, but most respect the NSX.

Last edited:
Saying it's the most prestigous car show in Cincinnati is like saying the Quarter Pounder is the best burger at McDonalds. :biggrin:

OK...I just had to go with that. But truth is, I've heard of this event and it does draw some very serious collector cars. (If it isn't quite Pebble Beach, it's way more prestigious than anything we have down here.) Have a great time drooling over the other cars and be prepared for a lot of questions from a lot of very interested motorheads. The NSX is a great car, and most serious car guys know it. They may prefer Ferraris or P-cars or old British iron, but most respect the NSX.

The Big Mac is the most prestigious burger at McDonalds followed closely by the McRib. The Quarter Pounder is just some pedestrian piece of meat with no discernible character at a all.

From the pictures it looks like a very well run show, however, it is hard to use the Pebble Beach Concours as a yard stick. The fact that they only let 200 cars in and it is world renowned means only extremely high dollar classics will make the cut. I would not be surprise if the average value of cars in the show was 3/4 of a mil.

Any who, the show you are attending looks like it is open to new and old cars alike. I saw a 360 in one of the pictures and your car is worth as much as that. Enjoy the show, I am sure you will get a lot of attention as having something different at a show is more fun than having what everyone else drove in.

I was not trying to imply that this car show is anywhere in the same league as Pebble Beach. I was trying to explain that the format of this show seemed to be similar to Pebble Beach. I apologize if anyone got that impression as it was not my intent. I am looking forward to attending as I have never done anything like this (or any car show for that matter). Will try to post some pics on Prime after the show.

Porsche seems to think this show is one hell of a burger
:biggrin:

http://concoursdates.kinja.com/firs...rsche-919-le-mans-hybrid-1584297923/+ballaban

Geez, guys. It was a joke. And more of a swipe at Cincinnati than at the show. Actually I like The Queen City, except for all that rain y'all have to shovel out of your driveways every winter. :wink:

Nice find, Cincy. I agree...If it was not already known as a top Concourse, Porsche's decision to display some of its finest hardware there should certainly add some cred' to the Ault Park event.

Bubba, looking forward to an update early next week on how the show went for you. And maybe some pics?

Last edited:
Ault Park Concours

I had a great time at the Ault Park Concours in Cincinnati on Sunday. Cincy Jamie and I were there representing the NSX community. To my total surprise, I won the best in class award for the asian collectible class. My daughter and I had the pleasure of getting to drive with the other best in class winners to the stage and receive our award. What a great experience to share with my daughter! This was a very serious car show with some rare cars. Despite the sea of Ferrari's, Rolls Royce's, Maserati's, etc., the NSX received a ton of interest and nice compliments. A special thanks to Jamie and Brian (Source 1) for thinking of me or I would have never attended the show. I have attached a few pics

Attachments

• IMG_0992.jpg
    IMG_0992.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 134
Way to go Kevin. Had a ton of fun with you representing the NSX's! Was a long day for sure. I will add a few pics from the show too.

- - - Updated - - -

a few more

Attachments

• concourse.jpg
    concourse.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 79
  • concourse2.jpg
    concourse2.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 89
  • concourse4.jpg
    concourse4.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 88
  • concourse5.jpg
    concourse5.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 79
  • concourse3.jpg
    concourse3.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 85
  • concourse6.jpg
    concourse6.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 82
  • concourse7.jpg
    concourse7.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 87
  • concourse8.jpg
    concourse8.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 83
congratulations on keeping the nsx "relevant" and nice to share the hobby with your daughter.

Great job and great pictures.

Thought you would have a pretty good time. Congratulations on the ribbons, guys, and thanks for helping spread the faith.

Thanks everyone. I think I will retire from the car show circuit just so I can say I won best in class for every car show I ever entered. Good idea? Lostbuckeye did you notice my vanity plate?

Thanks everyone. I think I will retire from the car show circuit just so I can say I won best in class for every car show I ever entered. Good idea? Lostbuckeye did you notice my vanity plate?

Yes I did O H.... I 'll be up there for NSXPO in October. I hope to see your beautiful ride there.

Back