• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX gets no respect!!!!

qirex said:
well you are obviously a great driver!!

nsx is a good option if you have $30k to spend on a sports car (great option).

However, i was an owner of a 91 for 4 months. Im sorry, but i love horsepower. I go to the track. We do willow (big/streets), fontana, LS...I'm a pretty decent driver. A stock NSX is no match for a modern sportscar...its great for 30k...but I'll take the GT3 every time over an NSX.

Just my personal opinion.

I hope that acura offers prime members special pricing on the next nsx.

Oh, and for their sake, the nsx had better beat the pants off the new skyline (my neighbor is Nissan's Cal design leader) - which from what ive seen and heard will be HUGE challenger. The upcoming lexus sportscar will also do great (commercially). Its amazing how out of touch acura seems to be. Just give the people what they want already!! How many RLs will have to sit on the lots until they FINALLY build a V8?? Same with new NSX. It needs at least 400HP. The Z06 is the new king of the hill. You MUST come with at least 500HP to compete...and yes, i've run my 600HP TT against the Z06 at the track.

Kudos to GM.

I'de never buy one, but damn i respect the car and that engineering.

28mpg!!! with a 7L engine?

I never see higher than 15mpg hwy, 9.8city. Yes, i have a lead foot

Yes, I agree Honda has rested on it laurels with the NSX for quite sometime, a little too long perhaps, but maybe because they did it right the first time and didn't need to mess with perfection:biggrin: It is still a timeless design when my '92 makes people(general public) scratch their collective head and say NO:confused: "It's a 92!!!???:eek: The NSX was built to prove a point, BEAT THE PISS OUT OF FERRARI for half the cost and to prove that Honda can achieve what ever they set out to do...Don't worry, the next NSX will do the same:smile:

well said, but who said it didn't hurt to make something as nice>..NICER.

91 X said:
Yes, I agree Honda has rested on it laurels with the NSX for quite sometime, a little too long perhaps, but maybe because they did it right the first time and didn't need to mess with perfection:biggrin: It is still a timeless design when my '92 makes people(general public) scratch their collective head and say NO:confused: "It's a 92!!!???:eek: The NSX was built to prove a point, BEAT THE PISS OUT OF FERRARI for half the cost and to prove that Honda can achieve what ever they set out to do...Don't worry, the next NSX will do the same:smile:

synergy004 said:
well said, but who said it didn't hurt to make something as nice>..NICER.
It's like good wine....it takes time:biggrin: :wink:

maybe they were just waiting for the market to get saturated with $150K + supercars and then BAM!!! Drop a BOMB (new NSX) on them that kicks all their asses in every catagory (looks, performance, etc...)for less then $100K:tongue: :cool:

I could care less for a person who gives the NSX no respect.

We all like or dislike the NSX for different reasons. But I guarantee there are more reasons we purchase the NSX over other cars rather than straightline acceleration from a Z06.

Everyone has different tastes. The majority of the NSX owners, if not all, can probably go out and buy a new Porshes or Bimmer for more horsepowers or whatever burst their bubble. Personally, I would never pay 70K for a new Corvette or BMW or a Porshe. I rather pay 100K for the new generation NSX even with less horsepower. Again, it all comes down to each individual preferences.

NRG said:
Everyone has different tastes. The majority of the NSX owners, if not all, can probably go out and buy a new Porshes or Bimmer for more horsepowers or whatever burst their bubble. Personally, I would never pay 70K for a new Corvette or BMW or a Porshe. I rather pay 100K for the new generation NSX even with less horsepower. Again, it all comes down to each individual preferences.

exactly, you hit it right on the dot. This is the same reason why people buy ferrari 355's . Sure a new Z06 or Viper will give you more power and acceleration, but they will not come close to providing the same thrill and pleasure as the nsx or 355.

Hi Guys!! :)

Like most of you [all of you but one?] my NSX has only received compliments. The only time I don't TAKE what someone might say as a compliment is when they ask me, "Is that a Corvette?" LOL But I know they didn't mean it in a bad way.

Even after all these years [I've owned my NSX for over 10.5 years now] I still get the occasional 'I am not worthy' bow. [have you ever seen that?! lol] Lots of looks, waves and smiles. A few people have taken pictures of my car as I've driven buy. A guy once asked me if his girlfriend could take a picture of him NEXT to my car. :)

That all said... I do think WE have a responsibility - when driving our NSX's - to respond nicely to those smiling at us. [and asking us about our car] The last thing I want is for people to think of NSX owners as WE often think of Porsche owners.

Craig!! :)

Try driving a Prius, and saying "my other car is an NSX!"

91 X said:
It is still a timeless design when my '92 makes people(general public) scratch their collective head and say NO:confused: "It's a 92!!!???:eek: :smile:

I think you just have to consider the source when the car doesn't get respect. It is a timeless design. I go through that with a Bricklin that has gullwing doors as people always ask me if it's a 2005 or 2006 model. When I tell them it's from 1975 their jaw drops. Great cars are great cars. Some people get it and some don't. I'm always amazed when you find other car owners (usually just the hardcore owners of every car model) trying to knock other car models. Everyone has their personal taste. If we all liked the same thing it would be a boring world.

I don't own a NSX yet (just bought a '02 Corvette last year and love it) - I've always liked the look of the NSX.

Thankfully, I have experienced nothing but postive in my two years of ownership.

People I meet have always said nice things about NSX, never any comments that is less than respectful so far. I have had experiences of hot chick chased me after I parked the car, just to tell me NSX is her favorite car. When I parked way........out in the back away from anyone else, a Z06 owner parked next to me and tell me how much he likes NSX. Humble 700rwhp Viper owner checking out my nsx and telling me how he has always admired NSX.

Well said!

C5FILM said:
I think you just have to consider the source when the car doesn't get respect. It is a timeless design. I go through that with a Bricklin that has gullwing doors as people always ask me if it's a 2005 or 2006 model. When I tell them it's from 1975 their jaw drops. Great cars are great cars. Some people get it and some don't. I'm always amazed when you find other car owners (usually just the hardcore owners of every car model) trying to knock other car models. Everyone has their personal taste. If we all liked the same thing it would be a boring world.

I don't own a NSX yet (just bought a '02 Corvette last year and love it) - I've always liked the look of the NSX.

I like to ask:

"Who has the most weight restrictions at the JGTC? The NSX? Why? Maybe because it wins too much."

apapada said:
Funny thing, I get the complete exact opposite reaction with mine. The (very) rare people dissing it are young males either driving Corvette or Mustangs who HP and straight line driving means everything. Sure, when all your life you've only known cheap hamburger, you won't appreciate Fillet Mignon the first time you try it. :wink:
As a PROUD 40yr old 2005 C6 CORVETTE owner, i can tell you that the NSX gets its respect, but in my opinion the cars body style, while nice, is outdated looking.. And as far as filet Mignon/hamburger goes; what is all the hype about the NSX using todays standard..absolutely nothing. The NSX was ahead of its contemporaries years ago, when first released. Since then, it has actually lost ground to numerous cars performance wise. I went to at least 3 independent car review sites and the comparions betwen the 05 c6 corvette and the 05 NSX was a clean sweep in all categories for the vette. Lets compare: 1.( Price Vette 55k NSX 87k) (2.HP Vette 400 Acura 290) (Torque: vette 400 Acura 224/304) ( 0-60 vette 4.2-4.4 Acura 4.7-5.0) (1/4 mile Vette 12.3-12.8 Acura 13.4-13.5) the Vette even posted a MUCH better track time on the famed Nurenburg course. Heck the vette even gets better gas mileage 18/27 acura 17/24 Does the nsx come with navigation as an option? Exactly where is the NSX a better car? In what areas? Apadada, Maybe the NSX doesnt get enough respect because of attitudes like yours. I think a better comparision for the NSX would be my other car G35 Sport Coupe. My 05 AUTOMATIC(vette) ran 12.7-12.8 all day long in the hot July heat at (atco dragway nj) plus the car corners like its on a rail and stops on a dime. The vette is clearly the better bargain.The NSX is a wonderful car and so is the vette. Your hamburger comment was very distasteful. Just because your car is more expensive, and is produced in less quantity than the vette, doesnt it make it a better car.
05 C6 Corvette Z51
05 Infiniti G35 SportCoupe
03 Mitsubishi Spyder
94 Cutlass Convertible

Last edited:
Thanos said:
As a PROUD 40yr old 2005 C6 CORVETTE owner, i can tell you that the NSX gets its respect, but in my opinion the cars body style, while nice, is outdated looking.. And as far as filet Mignon/hamburger goes; what is all the hype about the NSX using todays standard..absolutely nothing. The NSX was ahead of its contemporaries years ago, when first released. Since then, it has actually lost ground to numerous cars performance wise. I went to at least 3 independent car review sites and the comparions betwen the 05 c6 corvette and the 05 NSX was a clean sweep in all categories for the vette. Lets compare: 1.( Price Vette 55k NSX 87k) (2.HP Vette 400 Acura 290) (Torque: vette 400 Acura 224/304) ( 0-60 vette 4.2-4.4 Acura 4.7-5.0) (1/4 mile Vette 12.3-12.8 Acura 13.4-13.5) the Vette even posted a MUCH better track time on the famed Nurenburg course. Heck the vette even gets better gas mileage 18/27 acura 17/24 Does the nsx come with navigation as an option? Exactly where is the NSX a better car? In what areas? Apadada, Maybe the NSX doesnt get enough respect because of attitudes like yours. I think a better comparision for the NSX would be my other car G35 Sport Coupe. My 05 AUTOMATIC(vette) ran 12.7-12.8 all day long in the hot July heat at (atco dragway nj) plus the car corners like its on a rail and stops on a dime. The vette is clearly the better bargain.The NSX is a wonderful car and so is the vette. Your hamburger comment was very distasteful. Just because your car is more expensive, and is produced in less quantity than the vette, doesnt it make it a better car.
05 C6 Corvette Z51
03 Mitsubishi Spyder
94 Cutlass Convertible

The NSX-R ran 7.51 on Nürburgring (by Best Motoring International) - try beating that with a Corvette.

Last edited:
Thanos said:
I went to at least 3 independent car review sites and the comparions betwen the 05 c6 corvette and the 05 NSX was a clean sweep in all categories for the vette. Lets compare: 1.( Price Vette 55k NSX 87k) (2.HP Vette 400 Acura 290) (Torque: vette 400 Acura 224/304) ( 0-60 vette 4.2-4.4 Acura 4.7-5.0) (1/4 mile Vette 12.3-12.8 Acura 13.4-13.5) the Vette even posted a MUCH better track time on the famed Nurenburg course. Heck the vette even gets better gas mileage 18/27 acura 17/24 Does the nsx come with navigation as an option? Exactly where is the NSX a better car? In what areas? Apadada, Maybe the NSX doesnt get enough respect because of attitudes like yours. I think a better comparision for the NSX would be my other car G35 Sport Coupe. My 05 AUTOMATIC(vette) ran 12.7-12.8 all day long in the hot July heat at (atco dragway nj) plus the car corners like its on a rail and stops on a dime. The vette is clearly the better bargain.The NSX is a wonderful car and so is the vette. Your hamburger comment was very distasteful. Just because your car is more expensive, and is produced in less quantity than the vette, doesnt it make it a better car.
05 C6 Corvette Z51
03 Mitsubishi Spyder
94 Cutlass Convertible

I usually do not reply to trolls, but I'll make an exception this time :rolleyes:

Thanos, you obviously missed the point I'm making and at the same time you confirmed what you call my "distasteful" comment. All the arguments you bring are valid, I'm a car enthusiast myself and read the same magazine you do. I may confuse you further now by saying I'm a Vette fan too.

BUT, the point was that most people (you included obviously) that have never owned or even driven an NSX, and who rely solenly on magazine tests and published numbers can difficultly appreciate a car that doesn't fit (on paper) the "performance profile" they are used to.

Hence my "distasteful" comment, and it seems I will need to spell it out for you: if all one has ever known is a hamburger (I love hamburgers myself btw), with it's juicy 1/4 lb patty and the works for $5.00, one will hardly appreciate the first time a 4 oz piece of beef at $25+ served half raw.

And yes, the Filet Mignon is a better meat than the hamburger patty :wink:

pbassjo said:
Thanos,
I have owned many Corvettes and have driven and repaired 3, C6 Vettes including a Auto.
I would prefer a vintage Triumph TR4A over ANY Corvette. It pushes a button for me that most cars can't find. Yes it's a sucky, rotting, electrical nightmare but there is something about it I love.

Some things I buy, I go with the practical approach and read all the reviews and comparisons. Performance toys I do not. I go by feel and emotion.
I'm sure you understand or why else would you own a 94 Cutlass convertible?
I bet it is fun to drive in a way your Infinity will never be.

Reviews don't tell the whole story. Try doing the same review comparison with ANY Ferrari, Lotus, Lamborghini, Viper and see what you get. The Vette will most likely have a clean sweep as well. So?
I, as most people here can well afford a Corvette or Corvettes.
If you have driven all the cars you wanted, and could afford to buy, and have made your choice with the Corvette, then congratulations and many year of happy driving to you. I can understand why you love it.
Most folks here feel the same way about their choice.
When you fall in love you see what you like and forget the rest.

Amen

|Adeel said:
The NSX-R ran 7.51 on Nürburgring (by Best Motoring International) - try beating that with a Corvette.
Thanos said:
It already has..thats OLD news..NEXT
As I recall, the NSX-R was tested in the rain. They said something like, "take 2 seconds off to approximate its dry lap time."

Anyway, who cares. Corvette, NSX, Ferrari, blah blah blah... all great cars!

apapada said:
I usually do not reply to trolls, but I'll make an exception this time :rolleyes:

Thanos, you obviously missed the point I'm making and at the same time you confirmed what you call my "distasteful" comment. All the arguments you bring are valid, I'm a car enthusiast myself and read the same magazine you do. I may confuse you further now by saying I'm a Vette fan too.

BUT, the point was that most people (you included obviously) that have never owned or even driven an NSX, and who rely solenly on magazine tests and published numbers can difficultly appreciate a car that doesn't fit (on paper) the "performance profile" they are used to.

Hence my "distasteful" comment, and it seems I will need to spell it out for you: if all one has ever known is a hamburger (I love hamburgers myself btw), with it's juicy 1/4 lb patty and the works for $5.00, one will hardly appreciate the first time a 4 oz piece of beef at $25+ served half raw.

And yes, the Filet Mignon is a better meat than the hamburger patty :wink:
Lets stop pissing at one another and lets get straight to the facts: the C6 out accelerates, out brakes, out corners, has more top end, gets better gas mileage, comes with more options than the NSX. This is gonna sting , but what has happened with the NSX is Laziness. Nsx was close to the top(years ago) then it sat on lts laurels and did NOTHING for close to 13 years to significantly improve its car. That in effect has caused the NSX to become 2nd rate performance wise to a slew of new cars. Subaru Wrx STi, Mitsu EVolution, Dodge(the entire SRT8 Line Magnum, Charger, Challenger 300C) all with the SRT8 packag,e Cadillac the 430 hp ver(i believe XLR),BMW M5+6 and a slew of others ALL outperform the NSX. Now that is something to shake your head at as sad. (especially when 35-40k dodges are bested u) Corvette, has GREATLY improved the C6 over the old c5 PLATFORM. It can compete on even or better terms than any car in its class, even those several above. Fact is NSX allowed itself to let time go past . What serious upgrades has the car made in 12
+ years?? Its ok to love a car for whatever reason, but when you refer to C6 vettes as hamburger, and NSX's as Filet-Mignon. I'll guess I'll take 100% Grade A 95% Lean, FRESH USDA beef over 13 yr old hard, dried out , tough as leather, over cooked "filet-mignon" everyday of the week. Man it feels great to be knowing i have a 2006 Z06 on delivery in 3 weeks!! enjoy your car. i will be enjoying mine. Most important thing is safety. Lets not srteet race" In my opinion all owners of exotiics and potent sports cars should take some type of advanced driving course. PS most vette owners can easily afford an NSX Also. No big deal there.

Thanos said:
05 C6 Corvette Z51
03 Mitsubishi Spyder
94 Cutlass Convertible

Yeah, the numbers are great on the newer Vettes....on paper and as well as on the streets and parking lots of So Cal:tongue:
No offense, but I think one of the reasons most people appreciate the NSX on a different level then the Vette is that they are SO much more rare then the Vette, especially here in So Cal, the vettes are everywhere...I see at least THREE A DAY, where I'm lucky if I see ONE NSX A MONTH!!!
Dated look??? The Vette since '97 has been trying to look as good as a '91 NSX......keep trying:biggrin:

I bought the NSX for it's looks and style, not HP. I would care less if the Corvette had 1000 HP...i'll still pay more money for an NSX.

Another example is the Buggati (1000HP) vs. the McLaren (600HP?). That Buggati is butt ugly and that's why I'll take the McLaren over the Buggati anyday. Not everything is based on HP. I could care less if it had 2000 HP. Show me an exotic looking car....and I'll googaadaa.

Back