• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2016 Registration Opens 8/1/16! SOLD OUT!

We are at over 90% capacity now. Do not be surprised if registration closes tomorrow and sets the record of selling out in only 4 days!

wow......:eek:

btw the home page on prime still says xpo is only 80% subscribed

Oh, crap. I worked 70 hours last week and missed out. See ya next year. :( Unless cancellations! :)

If you want to have a chance at a cancellation you need to register on the ever-growing wait list sooner rather than later.

Bummer. Didn't get the email and have been off the forums for the past week prepping for my divorce court hearing.

Alas, I've put in for the wait list so we shall see what happens...

If I don't get in from the wait list I have a hotel reservation in the NSXPO room block that someone else could use.

Any chance that the NSXPO attendance cap would be raised?

Any chance that the NSXPO attendance cap would be raised?

We are looking into it.

Sorry to anyone who missed out but we did give a week's notice here, on facebook, by email and on the club website that 8/1 was the date registration opened and we also warned it would sell out quickly. During the 4 days registration was open updates with ever decreasing slots left were posted regularly here and on facebook and the website counted down how many slots were left so there should be been sufficient notice to anyone looking to register.

The wait list is up to 24 members (not including guests which must also be added to the total) and growing every day. We will try to accommodate as many as possible from the wait list if and when openings happen and we will only accept those on the wait list in the order they signed up.

...The wait list is up to 24 members (not including guests which must also be added to the total) and growing every day. We will try to accommodate as many as possible from the wait list if and when openings happen and we will only accept those on the wait list in the order they signed up.

How far in advance do you need to know if someone is going to cancel?

Let me know how and when I can get my wife on the list and pay for the Saturday lunch & museum trip. I was unable to sign her up for it when I registered us for the EXPO. Thanks!
Joe

Let me know how and when I can get my wife on the list and pay for the Saturday lunch & museum trip. I was unable to sign her up for it when I registered us for the EXPO. Thanks!
Joe

We are still looking for a way to add that online at the moment while still having site collect only waiting list names so please bear with us Joe. If for some reason you don't hear from any of us by the end of month (when we are likely to start accepting wait list members) please feel free to PM me so I can have the organizers at least get your names on the list for the extra activities.

Is it common practice to list a roster of those registered? If not, can it be? :biggrin:

Question: I was surprised last year to see that it sold out and forgot to ask - "how does an event like this sell out?" In the business world, if an event sells out in 4 days, you undersized it and lost additional revenue in the process. Not sure if the latter is relevant here - does NSXPO generate revenue for NSXCA?

Who judges the size and why? Seems that the event could/should be larger....

Just saying.

BTW I got my slot early so this is not sour grapes - learnt about registering on the nose from the Florida Solar Rebate program and Wannagofast......:tongue:

Last edited:
It sells out based upon venue size restrictions. We do not use it to generate revenue since the goal is to keep the cost to members as low as possible by raising money from sponsors and ideally we break even that way. The registration fees generally would be twice as high if we used it to make a profit.

Also, we are all volunteers and there is only so many people we can logistically handle at an event and that is a minor factor.

Good points. With a larger venue. does the cost per person go up or down though, or depends...?

Thx!

It sells out based upon venue size restrictions. We do not use it to generate revenue since the goal is to keep the cost to members as low as possible by raising money from sponsors and ideally we break even that way. The registration fees generally would be twice as high if we used it to make a profit.

Also, we are all volunteers and there is only so many people we can logistically handle at an event and that is a minor factor.

Good points. With a larger venue. does the cost per person go up or down though, or depends...?

Thx!

Venue costs vary but generally our fixed costs go up incrementally such as the per person food and banquet charges. Additionally, if we need to rent a larger venue say for a banquet then that cost also increases. That may impact registration fees if it turns out that we are unable to raise sponsorship monies in proportion to the number of additional members that impact such fixed expenses.

Logistically once you approach 200 attendees it is challenging for volunteers to keep on top of all potential issues that could arise and spreads us that much thinner in the event decisions need to be made on the fly.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Bob!
Joe

check your PM

Last edited:
If you want to have a chance at a cancellation you need to register on the ever-growing wait list sooner rather than later.

Thanks. I got on the waiting list before I made my last post. Now fingers are crossed and I'm knocking on my wooden head. :)

Back